Skip to content

[mod] L'anna NPC for IWD EE

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
edited August 2021 in IWD:EE Mods
I'm happy to announce a new NPC mod for Icewind Dale.

lzdthyyiv0e5.png

Welcome L'anna Falthisslar, an elven paladin - Mythseeker of Mythrien Sarath - and help her find the holy blade known as Mythalass-Teel. Talks to her, learn about her past and about old elven places like Myth Drannor, Myth Ondath or Myth Rhynn. Help her, and she shall help you on your mission of investigating the strange happenings Icewind Dale is struggling with.

Elven males of non-evil character may also romance L'anna and build a bond that will keep the two of you together, no matter what.

L'anna may join the Hero of Icewind Dale in the Root Cellar (the pub in Kuldahar).

Download
Forum

Special thanks to @Go_ForTheEyes for not just proofreading, but also for voicing L'anna!
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
BrokenkatanaMantis37IseweinGo_ForTheEyesilduderinoTimbo0o0o0bonewhitegloryMothorThoriumThrasymachusmegamike15Aaemforever

Comments

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Exciting. Is there a friendship track, i.e. ample non-Romantic content?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    There are non-romantic talks and non-romantic quest, actually they are bigger/longer than the romance itself. You also get 3 extra talks with you are an elf yourself (even if you're not romancing her).
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Wow great new, thanks - always checking back here hopefully!
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Cool, looks like another promising mod. Great job!

A bit of a shame tho that L'anna won't romance my half elf chaotic good sorcerer... :(

Btw, does it have some Heart of Winter content too?
    Nope, being an elf is a requirement this time.

There is only some content in HoW and TotLM. And by some I mean little. She has way more content in OC, because of her story, the Severed Hand etc. Just remember to join her once Kuldahar becomes available. However, in TotLM there is an item that allows her to improve her personal weapon! :)
    Nope, being an elf is a requirement this time.

There is only some content in HoW and TotLM. And by some I mean little. She has way more content in OC, because of her story, the Severed Hand etc. Just remember to join her once Kuldahar becomes available. However, in TotLM there is an item that allows her to improve her personal weapon! :)

Got it, any plans to add maybe some new player initiated flirts in HoW if started after the original campaign was completed? An epilogue to the romance of sorts.
    edited July 2021
    Under no circumstances she should be used only in HoW. Her main plot is part of the OC and HoW/TotLM are really minor thing for her. If you are too late in the main campaign, she won't even join you. You should join her as soon as you get to Kuldahar if you want to know her whole story etc.

Forthermore, our NPCs were created with OC in mind and with HoW-part enjoyed during your OC. Stand-alone HoW is not covered by my NPC, Quest and Item mods. Sorry! But you'll have something to enjoy next time you start a new game!
    edited July 2021
    Under no circumstances she should be used only in HoW. Her main plot is part of the OC and HoW/TotLM are really minor thing for her. If you are too late in the main campaign, she won't even join you. You should join her as soon as you get to Kuldahar if you want to know her whole story etc.

Forthermore, our NPCs were created with OC in mind and with HoW-part enjoyed during your OC. Stand-alone HoW is not covered by my NPC, Quest and Item mods. Sorry! But you'll have something to enjoy next time you start a new game!

I meant that HoW as in recruiting her early in the OC, taking her romance or friendship taking it to its conclusion and continue said bond into HoW.

Though I may have remembered something wrong about HoW, as it has been years since I've played it.

One final question if possible.

Are there any plans to add her to the iwd crossmod and give her interactions with other NPCs?
    You go to HoW during the original campaign :) Hjollder takes you there from Kuldahar and you should complete it during the OC, then return to Kuldahar. Dealing with HoW ends the game, HoW does not happen after the final fight, but just before your return to frozen Easthaven :) The final romantic talk takes place there, after you return to where you started the game :)

This is quite different from how ToB is introduced in BG2, that is why it may be confusing :)

As for the Crossmod - yes, most of the talks are ready, but I may need to check some stuff before everything is implemented and released for everyone to enjoy :)
    Mothor
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    Another IWD NPC! Yay! :smiley:
    Looks like a good companion for a party that includes Orra and Korin.
    Any incompatibilities (e.g., Dendjelion, T'viy, Oak-Maw, or other evil types)?
    It's not like they love each other, but they won't start to fight :) I mean, the crossmod talks aren't there just yet, but I'm not planning any bloody conflicts.
    Thrasymachus
  • BrokenkatanaBrokenkatana Member Posts: 47
    I'm going to be as spoiler free as I can and say L'anna is a really well written character and made a fun addition to my party. LIGHTNING BOLT!
    LavaDelVortel
    I'm glad you like her! <3 And finally an NPC you didn't know so well due to proofreading help you so often offer me! :)
    Brokenkatana
    I'm quite enjoying this mod so far! My PC is an elf mage/druid. Also in the party: Orra, Teri, and Oak-Maw. I plan to add Hommet when he becomes available.

One question: how can I check the status of my relationship (romance?) with L'anna in CLUAConsole?

Thanks! :)
    L'anna'a relationship is handled a bit differently.
    First, you may check is this variable is set: Global("L#LannaRomanceMatch","GLOBAL",1)
    That determines if you are a non-evil elven male PC.

There are 3 specific talks only elves can have:
    IIRC, they are:
    1. About Kuldahar, triggers while in the town
    2. On a bridge between towers of Severed Hand
    3. When near Larrel's daughter's statue, in the hall of dwarven heroes.

They set these variables:
    Global("L#LannaRomanceSituation_A","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("L#LannaRomanceSituation_B","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("L#LannaRomanceSituation_C","GLOBAL",1)

They all need to be set to 1 for the few additional romantic talks to start. Furthermore, you need to complete the sword quest (the variable "L#LannaQuest","GLOBAL" must be greater than 26) and variable "L#LannaRelationKiller","GLOBAL" can't be set to 1 (that would mean you picked some rude response).

Thrasymachus
    Thanks!
    Thanks again for this companion mod! I just finished a game with L'Anna, Orra, Oak-Maw, and Hommet. My character was an elf mage/thief.

L'anna's backstory was interesting as was her quest. The custom kit was very well done. I liked that her sword could be upgraded quite late in the adventure -- it made it useful even after the PCs had discovered all kinds of additional powerful magic items.

I learned quite a bit about the FR elves from the dialogues.

The relationship was handled well and the dialogues were most enjoyable. I only wish that there was a "final dialogue" before the final confrontation with Belhifet in Easthaven. But that's a minor quibble.

Overall an excellent mod! B)
    Thank you! :) Actually, there is such talk, but if she's romanced. Like 30 seconds after you reach Easthaven :) Not sure if you romanced her, though.
    I was romancing her but I didn't receive a talk from L'anna after we returned to Easthaven. There was a talk from Orra, Oak-Maw (in the tavern), and Hommet (in the tower).

Hmmm ... Maybe I rushed through that part too quickly? When I have some time I'll reload and redo that part to see if it fires.
    The dialogue from Orra triggers about 30 seconds after the party arrives in Easthaven. I wonder if that is somehow preventing the final talk from L'anna?
    And what's the value of the main romance variable? (use C:GetGlobal("L#LannaRomanceActive","GLOBAL") )
    The value is 2.
    I think I may know where's the problematic line. If you want to see the talks, use this while on the Easthaven area :)
    C:SetGlobal("L#LannaRomanceFinalTalk","GLOBAL",2)
    I tried it a few times but still no dialogue from L'anna, unfortunately. :/

One time (in the tower) Hommet gave his final talk again (the one about socks). Otherwise nothing happened, including in the village itself (where I tried it in a few different locations).
    edited May 2022
    Okay, I see the bug. Sadly, it's that sort of bug I can only fix by making a new version of the mod. It's up, I think it should fix the problem, but I'm unsure how (un)safe the reinstallation would be... Sorry.
    No worries. It was a great mod nonetheless.

Any chance you could copy and paste the final dialogue here? (Or a screen image of it?) I'd be curious to read it if possible.
    Will send it to you in a PM.
    Thanks! :D
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    edited May 2022
    Found one problem:
    In general, the essence of the problem: when installing the Russian language, the lines from the file L#LANFIX.baf are also added to the dialog file, although the same lines are already in setup.tra. It seems to me that the mod was incorrectly traified, and that in this L#LANFIX.baf in fact at all should not be texts.

You need to change the text in this script to @XXX from setup.tra. And in tp2 make it like this. Instead:
    COMPILE ~lanna/scripts/l#lanfix.baf~

It should be like this:
    COMPILE ~lanna/scripts/l#lanfix.baf~ USING ~lanna/translations/%s/setup.tra~

There's one more script, by the way, that hasn't been traified. This one:
    COMPILE ~lanna/scripts/l#laswcs.baf~

There are two lines there, I think. You can add them to setup.tra and make it like that file.

Here is the corrected version 1.2 ( edits by tipun ) Russian translation here is machine translation, so there is no need to add it yet.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZVNKoXp-DAl8A57tIvqUHwMrHAMhfmzC/view?usp=sharing