Skip to content

Finch v4.0 BETA 7 for Tutu, BG:EE and BGT!

1235»

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited July 2021
    @jastey Yeah, just realized; I was looking at the wrong game. There is a bug with the voiceset but that affects BGEE and not EET.

Finch started on TuTu and because of that, she has a BG2 engine voiceset, featuring 7 action responses. However, BG1 only has 3 action responses and the 4 additional slots where the additional 4 lines are (SELECT_ACTION4-7) are used in BG1/BGEE as the annoyed multiclick responses. The 2.6 patch added the "missing" 4 action slots to BGEE however.

Added the correct fix. You can easily test with clicking on the portrait multiple times in BGEE in v5.2 and the the latest version of that PR.

It is up for interpretation if the "O Great Deneir, what I've seen here will fill a library!" and the "You can capture the wisdom of the world with a quill." lines could work for those annoyed multiclick responses, since she lacks such by default because BG2 had no such slots (the SELECT_RARE slots they are are supposed to be used as rare action response slots in BG2) up until BG2EE 2.6.

This probably affects all BGEE mods backported from TuTu/BGT with a voiceset, I just started looking at it on Finch first.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Finch updates to v6.0 Thank you to @GraionDilach for the corrected soundset for BG:EE v2.6.6!

Changelog:
    -Reorder of Finch's voice from BG2 to BG1 for BGEE;
    -Corrected battle-related responses on initial Finch;
    -Fixed EET install bug for EET v13.x;
    -Added globally unique LABEL to support Project Infinity.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Does this newest mod version still work properly on 2.5 with EET RC 12 for 2.5?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited July 2021
    Try it. If it installs, then yes, if not then revert. All the other changes besides the EET 13 install fix do not affect 2.5 and/or polish issues which one might not even notice.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Just for confirmation.

The readme indicates that Finch has "banter with Indira and Mur'Neth custom NPCs, if installed".

Does this mean that it is recommanded to Install Finch After Indira and Mur'neth (to get the crossmod content) ?

I checked the crossmod banter but didn't find any indications that those crossmod content is covered by this Pack.

Yes, that would mean Finch would install the crossmod if it's installed after the other mods.
    I think with these three mods, they all include all crossmod so install order is of no importance but I'd need to check to be sure.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Mordekaie
    If a mod has crossmod content, install the other mods first. Sometimes, mods have a separate crossmod component which should be installed after the other relevant mods.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Is it necessary to keep Finch on the team to complete the quest?
    Just planning to move around with her for a while and to recruit here again later to finish the quest. Is it possible?

@Mordekaie the scripts to turn her books if all collected into a tome only runs in the areas the books are found in.
    That would be the following areas:
    "CloakwoodMines_L4" "AR1803"
    "BanditCamp" "AR1900"
    "Peldvale" "AR2400"
    "Gullykin_JenkalsHouse_Cellar" "AR4002"
    "NashkelCarnival" "AR4900"
    Thus, you should be able to collect the books without her and then travel with her and the books into one of those areas to receive the tome and advance her quest.