Skip to content

Suggestions for a real challenge

YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
I wanna play a new game but can't invent any real challenge on highest difficulty: no reloads, no money, bare hands, low stats‽ ?

Please suggest something making some roleplaying sense or, at least, not too absurd! LoL ?
McGollum

Comments

• McGollumMcGollum Member Posts: 22
    Scaled enemies, their level and attributes adapting to player progress, so it remains challenging. All gear, NPC, monster, and players only regular (no +5 swords), so it needs alchemist fire, scrolls, and similar to beat certain monsters or chat with demonic dudes in the pub! ;)

Or the shocker: Punishment for toxic roleplaying, EXP only for good roleplaying (authentic character depiction) & storytelling..?
    In case it helps:
    A minimum of mods still exist, dunno, how it is here on the Beamdog site, as I returned less than an hour ago.
    Yigortl1942
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    McGollum wrote: »
    In case it helps:
    A minimum of mods still exist, dunno, how it is here on the Beamdog site, as I returned less than an hour ago.

Thanks for your suggestions! ? However, I play on Nintendo Switch ?, it's impossible to install custom mods AFAIK. ?
    McGollum
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Try soloing the game as a fighter. A fighter Nameless One is actually less tanky than a mage Nameless One since they can't wear the Magus Shield. From my experience, a solo fighter Nameless One has trouble even just fighting thugs early on in the game.

But while this kind of playthrough will make enemies dangerous enough to pose a threat, it won't provide much of a tactical challenge. If you really can't deal with an enemy in a melee fight, you can always run away until you regenerate back to full health, then come back and finish them off. It's hard to make fights interesting in a game where most enemies are just melee fighters.
    McGollumYigor
    edited September 2021
    @OlvynChuru We were talking BG 2 - Enhanced. Plus: I usually see Fighter as young adult, once we have the weapon training, we benefit more from rogue or wizard, as both have extra options, not just benefits.

Trick was to train the weapons, which rogue or wizard could use as well.

One PST MOD had armors, then Fighter may outmatch the Others.

`But, I guess you are *aware* and I suspect, you *know* who I like more, when I can't burn all you mortal, unenlightened Lady-Huggers into charcoal!´ (Dak'kon was simply cool, but Chief Arsonist IGNUS also deserves kudos for well-played humor (only one of the companion's, who ever killed my Nameless One!) ;)
    Yigor
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    @OlvynChuru @McGollum Thanks! ?

Well, I decided to realize a classical gameplay on Very Difficult (but I don't feel any additional difficulty so far in the Mortuary ?). I put STR=18/90 and CON=18 and will roleplay a brutal melee Fighter. ⚔️❤️‍?
    OlvynChuru