1235»

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    New release: Convenient Enhanced Edition NPCs 4.3

Changelog:
    • Improved passive Neera in BG2:EE
    • Fixed Neera's ToB quest progression after a class or kit change
    • Fixed usability issues with Baeloth's ring in BG:EE
    • Fixed usability issues with Rasaad's items "Moonlight Walkers" and "Glimmering Bands" in BG2:EE
    hook71
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Hi, I was wondering if you could add a component to this mod similar to that of the "Send Bioware NPCs to an Inn" component of Tweaks Anthology? It is annoying to have to go back to e.g. Nashkel to pick up Rasaad every time, I have grown used to the utility of sending NPCs where I want them :P
    Communard wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if you could add a component to this mod similar to that of the "Send Bioware NPCs to an Inn" component of Tweaks Anthology? It is annoying to have to go back to e.g. Nashkel to pick up Rasaad every time, I have grown used to the utility of sending NPCs where I want them :P

I think it would be a better idea to expand the existing "Send Bioware NPCs to an Inn" component of Tweaks Anthology to also deal with Beamdog NPCs. It's less error prone because the code base is already implemented, and it reduces potential mod conflicts if that feature is only provided by one mod.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Preparing quite an heavy EET install. Where to place this mod in the installorder ? Could i eventually put it right at the end of the loard order to access to the mod during the playthrough ?
    Mordekaie wrote: »
    Preparing quite an heavy EET install. Where to place this mod in the installorder ? Could i eventually put it right at the end of the loard order to access to the mod during the playthrough ?

Unfortunately I can't help you much in this regard. The mod's readme contains some general notes about mod compatibility. There are a couple of topics related to mod order over at the G3 forums. Maybe they can help you find the right order.
  • Emardon_LareousEmardon_Lareous Member Posts: 60
    Would be nice if the new EE companions would trigger their quests without being in the party. Seems a shame to have all this new content but never to see it unless you dedicate to having them as a full time slot until it triggered. Could be fun if they spawned in BG after you cleared the bandits in certain maps to simulate them searching for you (only if you had the initial encounter with them)
    Would be nice if the new EE companions would trigger their quests without being in the party. Seems a shame to have all this new content but never to see it unless you dedicate to having them as a full time slot until it triggered. Could be fun if they spawned in BG after you cleared the bandits in certain maps to simulate them searching for you (only if you had the initial encounter with them)

That's actually the case for many Bioware NPCs as well. It depends very much on how involved the character is in their personal quests. From what I can see, all EE NPCs are too closely involved in their personal quests to leave them out.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    I included this mod for my current BG:EE playthrough and chose to disable Dorn and Neera and make Rasaad passive. I am enjoying this very much. Thank you for creating this mod!
  • moemoe Member Posts: 3
    hey @argent77 so I've noticed that the component "Make NPC-specific items available for everyone" doesn't actually move all the EE items. for example in BG2 the "Wooden Horse Necklace"(OHNAMUL2) is ignored.

is there any reason for not including all the items?

btw this is an amazing addon! love it so much.
    moe wrote: »
    hey @argent77 so I've noticed that the component "Make NPC-specific items available for everyone" doesn't actually move all the EE items. for example in BG2 the "Wooden Horse Necklace"(OHNAMUL2) is ignored.

It's an oversight, thanks. It'll be added in the next mod release.
  • moemoe Member Posts: 3
    argent77 wrote: »

Cool! Good to know.

I took the liberty to crossreference fandom wiki with your mod's code, here's what I found:

BG1: https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/New_items_in_Baldur's_Gate:_Enhanced_Edition

Missing new items:
    SW1H47 - Wakizashi +1 - dropped during Dorn's ambush, when he joins you
    SW2HD1 - Rancor +1 (+1 greatsword, which gets +1 to hit when you have killed someone) - Dorn II-Khan's starting sword - Not sure if this is usable by anyone except Dorn?
    LEAT25 - Rugged Leathers +2 (-15% move silently penalty) - Neera's personal quest, Can be worn with a Ring of Protection

Missing extra copies of existing items:
    BELT02 - Golden Girdle of Urnst - Simmeon, just outside Baldur's Gate (part of Dorn's storyline)
    PLAT02 - Fallorain's Plate - Simmeon, just outside Baldur's Gate (part of Dorn's storyline)

BG2: https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/New_items_in_Baldur's_Gate_II:_Enhanced_Edition

SoA Missing new items:
    DAGG04 - The Grave Binder +2 (Dagger +2 that deals 1d6 base damage instead of 1d4) - Purchase from Gul Dukeem merchant in Red wizard Enclave in Waukeens Promenade
    MISC75 - Dagger of Venom +2 (From BG1, 1 point of damage per second for 15 seconds. Save vs Poison negates) - Purchase from Gul Dukeem merchant in Red wizard Enclave in Waukeens Promenade
    SW2HD1 - Rancor +1 (+1 greatsword, which gets +1 to hit when you have killed someone) - Dorn's starting equipment
    OHNROBE1 - Robe of Goodman Hayes (Permanent chaos shield on wearer, AC -1 penalty) - Reward from Telana for freeing the wild mages
    OHNAMUL2 - Wooden Horse Necklace: (+2 AC, +2 saving throws) - Complete Return Mereth's hairband quest in wild mage camp
    OHDMASK - The Visage (+1 Thac0, +1 saving throws, Immunity to feeblemind, confusion, fear and charm, Domination 1/day, Breath Acid 1/day (6d6), not usable by good) - Reward from Ur-Gothoz after binding Azothet in the tree
    OHDWAND1 - Wand of Glitterdust - Resurrection gorge, container
    WAND18 - Wand of Spell Striking (Breach and Pierce Magic) - Purchase from Wands vendor merchant in Red wizard Enclave in Waukeens Promenade
    OHNCOLL - Collar Bell (3 times a day wake everyone in 30 ft radius from sleep. Also make a saving throw or become deafened for 1 turn) - Complete Barad Ding's cat rescue quest in wild mage camp
    OHNTANK - CHARNAME's Tankard (Restore 2d8hp 3 times per day) - Complete Mironda's Ale quest in wild mage camp
    OHHBAG - Dragomir's Respite - Hexxat gives it to you after defeating Dragomir

SoA Missing extra copies of existing items:
    CLCK16 - Robe of the Neutral Archmagi - Purchase from Gul Dukeem merchant in Red wizard Enclave in Waukeens Promenade
    AMUL23 - Periapt of Life Protection - Shou-Lung's tomb (Hexxat quest)
    Unsure about the rest:
    2x Helm of Glory - Guardian terpfen, Helmite camp and one at Hammerjaw ambush
    2x Helm of Charm Protection - Hammerjaw ambush
    Plate of the Dark (Full Plate +1) - Fadell Iron Eye
    Shortbow +3 - Hafsa, Al-Qadim tomb

ToB Missing new items:
    OHBSHLD1- Kazrah's Shield (AC+5, chain lighting 1/day) - purchase in black pits arena, Neera's quest
    OHBCLCK1 - Cloak of the Lich (cold and electric resist +50%, immunity to death effects) - purchase in black pits arena, Neera's quest

Unsure about ToB extra item copies:
    Rod of Resurrection - Szass Tam's Arena stolen from the temple service woman, Molzahn of Tymora.
    Ring of Fire Control - Szass Tam's Arena stolen from the Weapons Merchant
    Golden Girdle - Algoroth's chambers
    Boots of Speed - Algoroths chambers
    Bracers of Defense AC 3 - Algoroths chambers
    Robe of the Evil Archmagi - Vicross

SOD: https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/New_items_in_Baldur's_Gate:_Siege_of_Dragonspear
    (never played it, don't want to miss anything so skipped it, sorry)
  • Shin0b1G6Shin0b1G6 Member Posts: 23
    Does this mod cover Wilson the bear? Can I disable him too? Didn't see anything in the components to imply as much. Best I found was that you recruit him in Neera's [who is covered] companion quest, so I'm guessing it's the same deal as Clara and Hexxat [good riddance], but can't confirm otherwise.
    Shin0b1G6 wrote: »
    Does this mod cover Wilson the bear? Can I disable him too? Didn't see anything in the components to imply as much. Best I found was that you recruit him in Neera's [who is covered] companion quest, so I'm guessing it's the same deal as Clara and Hexxat [good riddance], but can't confirm otherwise.

There is little reason to disable Wilson. He was added as an easter egg NPC and is therefore rather difficult to find and recruit. He is already passive and disabling him wouldn't really change anything, since he doesn't come with NPC-specific gear (afaik) that could be made available for everyone.
  • Shin0b1G6Shin0b1G6 Member Posts: 23
    Thank you for the insight argent77. Guess a bear'd be the least divisive character in a game like this. I can live with that.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341

Oh this is exciting! I always wanted this mod to include all of the EENPC items but never thought to ask you about it!

PS. For what it's worth, some of these items should probably go into either Ribald's Special Wares or Throne of Bhaal as they are very powerful (the Visage comes to mind).
    Baptor wrote: »

Oh this is exciting! I always wanted this mod to include all of the EENPC items but never thought to ask you about it!

PS. For what it's worth, some of these items should probably go into either Ribald's Special Wares or Throne of Bhaal as they are very powerful (the Visage comes to mind).

This and several more NPC-specific items will become available in the next mod release (including the Visage).
  • AthrogateAthrogate Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2023
    The stoneskin scroll which is dropped by: https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Ekandor
    How do we get access to that if we disable all the EE-NPCs? It's one of only two stoneskin scrolls in BGEE.
    Athrogate wrote: »
    The stoneskin scroll which is dropped by: https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Ekandor
    How do we get access to that if we disable all the EE-NPCs? It's one of only two stoneskin scrolls in BGEE.

It isn't available yet.

However, it will become available along with several more items from EE NPCs in the next mod release.
    New release: Convenient Enhanced Edition NPCs 4.4

Changelog:
    • Added several more NPC-specific items to the list for "Make NPC-specific items available for everyone":
      • Dorn: Rancor +1, Fallorain's Plate, Wand of Glitterdust, Plate of the Dark +1
      • Hexxat: Periapt of Life Protection, Shortbow +3
      • Neera: Rugged Leathers +2, a scroll of Stoneskin, The Grave Binder +2, Dagger of Venom +2, Charname's Tankard, Wooden Horse Necklace, Robe of the Neutral Archmagi, Kazrah's Shield +4, The Cloak of the Lich
    • Added component labels for Project Infinity
    • Fixed Baeloth's SoD plot scripting after a class/kit change: Prevents Baeloth from being killed in his introduction cutscene
    • Fixed an incorrect BG1 dialog line in EET games
    New release: Convenient Enhanced Edition NPCs 4.5

Changelog:
    • Updated Russian translation (thanks RealApxu)
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 207
    I have a question for SoD - I found a feather near the red mage, that I discovered belongs to Neera's quest.

Also there is still Rasaad in the camp; is it intended that this SoD content appears even if I have the
    ~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Modify Enhanced Edition NPCs -> Disable all NPCs: v4.3
    option installed?

I don't care about Rasaad, because strangely enough he is passive in the camp, so it's okay for me.

I'm just curious. By the way, I haven't met Neera anywhere.
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    I have a question for SoD - I found a feather near the red mage, that I discovered belongs to Neera's quest.

Also there is still Rasaad in the camp; is it intended that this SoD content appears even if I have the
    ~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Modify Enhanced Edition NPCs -> Disable all NPCs: v4.3
    option installed?

I don't care about Rasaad, because strangely enough he is passive in the camp, so it's okay for me.

I'm just curious. By the way, I haven't met Neera anywhere.

Yes, that's intended. The new Beamdog NPCs are much more tightly integrated in SoD, which would have it made more difficult to remove them without rewriting parts of the story or causing conflicts with other mods.

Neera should be present as well if you visit the Bridgefort Keep interior. However, it could be that she doesn't appear if you killed her in BG1.
  • Kensei_xXxKensei_xXx Member Posts: 42
    edited February 6
    Thanks a lot for this great Mod Argent!

Question; would it be possible to add Caelar Argent to the List of NPCs, to let Players change her class and/or keep her from joining the Party in the final fight?
    Changing her to Paladin, Inquitior or something like that comes to my mind, just for the fun of it. And I can imagine Players don't want her to join, especially for solo games.
    Kensei_xXx wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for this great Mod Argent!

Question; would it be possible to add Caelar Argent to the List of NPCs, to let Players change her class and/or keep her from joining the Party in the final fight?
    Changing her to Paladin, Inquitior or something like that comes to my mind, just for the fun of it. And I can imagine Players don't want her to join, especially for solo games.

The mod focuses mostly on the Beamdog NPCs in BGEE and BG2EE. But these are certainly features that would fit nicely into the mod. I'll see what I can do.
    Thanks in advance... :)
    New release: Convenient Enhanced Edition NPCs 4.6

Changelog:
    • Added a component to turn allied Caelar Argent in the final SoD boss battle into a controllable follower
    • Added option to customize Caelar Argent's class or kit
    Really cool!
    Thanks for realizing my proposal. :)

I'll test ASAP. Looking foreward to try Caelar with Artisans Divine Champion Kit... B)
    edited March 11
    Kensei_xXx wrote: »
    Really cool!
    Thanks for realizing my proposal. :)

I'll test ASAP. Looking foreward to try Caelar with Artisans Divine Champion Kit... B)

Make sure to read the note in the readme because there are some technical restrictions associated with Caelar's class/kit change.