Skip to content

Who don't you like?

1235»

Comments

• OcelotOcelot Member Posts: 13
    That priest and his four sirines, to the east of Beregost.

"Don't touch me. I'm super important."
    Permidion_StarkFenrirWolfgangerAerakarThacoBell
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I hate Fahrington. My whole party hates Fahrington.
    po1wplzjdrar.png
    6qehnvr0f53c.png
    ix7gnz9b8cax.png
    ifv68xlthe2h.png

AerakarStummvonBordwehr
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I present to you Habib the scimitar throwing doofus. That encounter wasn't funny the first time I encountered him back when I originally bought BG2, and it's considerably less funny now. I've since made it into a challenge to kill him on sight before he gets his scimitar in the air. Somehow Minsc, Jaheira, Nalia, Anomen and even Keldorn have no problem murdering him in the middle of the street just because I tell them to. No bystander says a word about it either. Must be justifiable homicide...
    Permidion_StarkAerakarStummvonBordwehrMaurvir
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    For potential team mates:

Alora
    She's not the only NPC that I think is available too late into the game but her happy happy joy joy attitude combined with her lines just grates my ears. I always tell her to flip off.

Neera
    I don't particularly like any of the NPCs added in EE for different reasons but for Neera specifically it's just she's got the gem pouch in her inventory. There isn't a single other NPC that I feel as forced to take into my party just to kick them out if I'm not planning on using them. That is too huge of an inventory management QOL buff to pass IMO. Also rare as it is, she can delete my money, that possibility has always been beyond stupid for me. These 2 are things that affect me in ways that no other NPC ever does. If that effect was removed and that pouch was moved to, for example, into that largely pointless noble house on the NE corner of Beregost, Neera would be the least of my EE worries.

Minsc
    I've never been a huge fan of Minsc but the point where I stopped ever picking him up in any game was when BG2 was released. He went from a bit loopy to just straight up annoying. He also seems extremely underdeveloped in that game. Also why was he not changed to be a barbarian when that class was introduced? Would've made perfect sense to me, he's a berserker for heavens sake. The fact that he prattles about full plates just always seemed off to me. Also Boo takes up a quick item slot. That's a huge downside for me. If he took up an inventory slot that'd be a lot better.

For just characters in the world:

Noober / Neeber / whatever
    This joke's really not aged well for me. I guess I could just kill him but he offers some juicy XP that early on in the game if I just grind my teeth and keep clicking him until my finger cramps. He's supposed to be an annoying person and man oh man does he succeed.

Gatewarden / candlekeep guards
    These guys just annoy me because of a poorly designed part of the game in chapter 6. You can't explore inside the keep and talk to everyone in piece because they'll try to arrest you. If memory serves you'll get a lot more guards if you actually attack the Iron Throne leaders but even if you don't these guys just chase you down to try to prevent you from talking to everyone you can or discovering Gorions letter (something I only read for the first time like 15 years after the first game came out). It would be so much smoother if Gatewarden spawned outside the keep once you've talked to IT leaders instead so you could take everything in there in at peace instead of being forced into the next segment of the game before you're done.
  • DinoDinDinoDin Member Posts: 1,567
    Lammas wrote: »
    Noober / Neeber / whatever
    This joke's really not aged well for me. I guess I could just kill him but he offers some juicy XP that early on in the game if I just grind my teeth and keep clicking him until my finger cramps. He's supposed to be an annoying person and man oh man does he succeed.

Noober tip to make him less annoying: Beeline straight to him and leave one party member near him to soak up the dialogues while the rest of your party mows away the fog of war (and maybe picks up some of the loot in the containers).
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,016
    I always force talk the Noobers/Neebers 30 times like Firebead. It is quick and done.
    ZaghoulThacoBellStummvonBordwehrBlackraven
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited September 2021
    There are mods to fix most of these. Alora can be moved to Gullykin village, which, means as early as chapter 2 (technically 1, but most parties are unlikely to survive the trip at that level)

Neera, admittedly, is obnoxious. However, wild mages are supposed to be an additional challenge. In this case, it means not keeping your party's wealth in the form of gold. Use gems, or just constantly buy and upgrade equipment. This way, if she does accidentally nuke your party's gold, it's not the end of the world.

Minsc has a tweak that moves Boo to a personal inventory item, solving that part of the problem. However, he's still just not that great IMO. I like to take him, because he's a fun NPC, but his tanking abilities leave a bit to be desired, and I generally have a thief who can handle the sneaking around better.

Noober... I tend to agree. This joke was overplayed in BG1. Why they thought it would be a good idea to repeat is beyond me.

The gatekeepers/wardens in Candlekeep are only a problem AFTER you talk with Sarevok. If you can avoid talking to him, you can peruse the upper keep at your leisure. You can either use invisibility, or just book it as soon as you get to the second level.

As for me, I have never been able to stand Ajantis. (similarly Anomen and Keldorn in BG2). I get part of that is the nature of their characters, but they all really grind my gears in ways Sirene and Isra don't. I'm also not fond of Eldoth due to his general skeeviness.
    AerakarDinoDin