Skip to content

[mod] Verr'Sza BG2EE

Comments

• kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    no epilogue for romancing Verr'sza and ascending at the end (or, how it tends to be with Bioware NPCs, where the "ascended" epilogue is the same as not romanced)? I did both endings and got the same epilogue...which has a strange ending for a god...
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    Will check that. There are 4 epilogues already, but maybe I missed something.
    I hope you had fun adventuring with him and P.
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    same issue as with that banter I told you about? :D (cause then it's hopefully an easy fix)

I did! :) although the person you run in to after getting out of the Underdark meant I wasn't able to recruit Drizzt to help me with Bodhi >_<
    Do you mean that "P" filename rather than the actual line? I already fixed that and uploaded a new version, but that epilogue will require more than fixing a typo, but it shouldn't be difficult :)

No Drizzt in your game? YOU'RE WELCOME. (jk, but it's unusual that this encounter stopped the other one)

Anyway, glad you had fun!
  • Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    What are the variables for the romance? I'm not sure if mine has glitched out and I'd like to check if it's still active.
    You may check thins using these console codes:
    C:GetGlobal("L#2VerrRomanceActive","GLOBAL") - if the game shows 3, the romance is not succesful
    C:GetGlobal("L#2VerrRomanceTalk","GLOBAL") - these show what romance dialogue you hit and if there is some kind of bug, this one may be needed to identify the problematic block/action/script
    ... It doesn't work for me? it says it doesn't exist?
    But we're talking about Verr'Sza for BG2EE, not for BG1EE, right?
    Yes, I romanced him in BG1 and SoD, and chose that romance for BG2.
    Let's see something else, then - use this and tell me what number pops up:
    C:GetGlobal("L#2VerrFriendTalk","GLOBAL")
    It says 1.
    Kinda strange. What are are you on?

Script says:
    InParty(Myself)
    CombatCounter(0)
    !See([ENEMY])
    See(Player1)
    RealGlobalTimerExpired("L#2VerrFriendTalkTime","GLOBAL")
    OR(2)
    AreaType([CITY])
    AreaType([OUTDOOR])
    OR(3)
    Global("L#2VerrFriendTalk","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("L#2VerrFriendTalk","GLOBAL",4)
    Global("L#2VerrFriendTalk","GLOBAL",7)

So the talk should appear after 30 minutes of real time passes, in Verr is in the party, can see Player1, doesn't see any enemy and is in the city and/or outdoor area. Have you met all those conditions?
    I'm all the way in spellhold. What does the talk say?
    edited September 2021
    Okay, I have no idea what's your situation then. You don't give me enough information and context of the problem and I mostly have to guess things. You said:
    What are the variables for the romance? I'm not sure if mine has glitched out and I'd like to check if it's still active.

But it looks like... you joined him and rushed to Spellhold? Main portion of friendship and romance happens in Chapters 2-3. It's the same for most released romances. If you give it no time to develop, then... well, it's not going to happen.

So, if Global "L#2VerrFriendTalk" is set to 1, then it looks like you didn't even give it a short moment and rushed to Spellhold and that means it can't go according the the plan, because... well, there is no time for that. If you want certain romance to happen, you usually join NPC as soon as possible and then go adventuring with him/her so there was some time there can spend together and talks could trigger. If you do not give relationship that time, there is a huge chance it simply won't happen. It's a pattern for all original and mod NPCs / romances.

And if you adventured with him in chapters 2 - 3 then... well, you should have asked before going to Spellhold, because now it's simply too late to do anything about that.
    I'm sorry, I don't know what's going on either. I went to Windspear Hills to get Verr Sza, then did the rest of the plots in chapter 2. It took a lot of time. What was the chat I should have got? Because it should have happened.
    edited September 2021
    I'd say you should just start over. I won't tell you abut the talk you missed, because you missed like 5 friendship talks and you'll miss like 15 romance talks? I presume you only got like the situational talks - the ones that trigger in Slums etc or in the Planar Sphere. So I wouldn't know how to shortly summarize all those talks you missed as there are damn many of them.

And that's just him and if you're continuing SoD romance, then there is still everything connected to the other NPC you join right after you leave the Firkraa's dungeons.
    Yes, I met him and I got his talks as if there was the romance, but I never got any of the romance talks.
    Sorry, I do not understand... What do you mean you "got his talks as if there was the romance, but never got any of the romance talks"? I really do not understand if you had those talks or not. One time you say you "you got the talks as if there was the romance" and then "I never got any of the romantic talks"...

If by "got his talks as if there was the romance" you mean you had your chance to state you romanced him in SoD, then it's normal and if you picked that option and didn't get any talks, then that should not happen, but information you provided can't lead me to any reason why.

If by "got his talks as if there was the romance" you mean you got the Slums talks and other scenery talks, then great, but they have nothing to do with the romance itself, so that information does not lead us to any solution.

IF by "got his talks as if there was the romance" you mean you got some of the romance talks, then I have no idea what you mean, which you had, which you missed or why your variable says you had no timered talks and that would mean something is seriously messed up in your game.

Sorry, those are wild guesses and I can't help you without specific, detailed and clear information.
    Ah, sorry, I meant the other NPC that joins as part of the mod.
    Well, anyway, it's too late to do anything now, so I would suggest starting a new game. It could have been some random one-time problem.
  • ConnellyConnelly Member Posts: 70
    edited January 2023
    I'm afraid I found an strange issue installing version 2. I was having trouble with a borked Dragonspear UI++ main menu. But EEEx was giving me an error in a file M_K#TBL.lua, where I found this:

-- race, racetextBIO: BG1, SOD, SOA, TOB, BP1, BP2, TUT, (...)
    bioRaceData = {
    [...]
    {128,-1,-1,–1,–1,-1,-1,-1}, --RAKSHASA
    [...]
    }

The third and fourth "-1" there have em dashes, not hyphens/minus signs like all others. The only thing that I could think could be introducing the Rakshasa line was Verr'Zsa. And in the line 31 of the mod's tp2 I found this:

APPEND ~racetext.2da~ ~RAKSHASA 128 %rak_lcase% –1 %rak_ucase% –1~ UNLESS ~RAKSHASA~

Em dashes again. I'm not sure how this could be affecting M_K#TBL.lua but I checked racetext.2da and indeed the rakshasa line was also the only one with em dashes.

I haven't tried with a new installation, but after correcting the already installed files (so other files might still be using the wrong signs) everything seems to be working fine. This is only with the BG2 mod. Fortunately, the files for the BG1 mod don't seem to have this issue.
    Will take a look, thanks!
    Should be fixed!
  • ConnellyConnelly Member Posts: 70
    Yeyness, glad to be of help.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    For some reason, in my playthrough, the BGSOD version of Verr'sza could shapeshift to human, but neither the BGEE nor BG2EE versions can. Is this expected behavior?
    I cannot reproduce it. I checked it and it's there and it works fine when I click it. I can change between the forms freely.
    dwjlfp61hmtm.png
    fu1rfhede8we.png
    g1dqnxx0bpgm.png
    OK, sounds like it's a bug. I wondered if it was story-related, because I noticed that starting a conversation with him in BG2EE has him say he prefers his rakshasa form, so I wondered if there'd be some story event that re-unlocked it.

For some reason BGSOD's Verr'sza had shapeshifting (and he started in human form), but he didn't have the option in my BG or BG2 parts of EET. I also have Phahl in BG2EE and Phahl can shapeshift. I also noticed that stat changes I implemented in BGSOD didn't transfer over to BG2EE Verr'sza, so I'm guessing each Verr'sza is implemented as a distinct NPCs even though it's EET.

Do you have any thoughts about how to address it (e.g., could I use NearInfinity or the console to add the ability somehow)? I'm comfortable with EEKeeper, but he seems to crash it, maybe partially because it's a quite modded playthrough. I know you've said you tend to test with fairly minimal installations, so maybe it'd be tricky.
    As a side-note, any particular NPCs you recommend I bring along with him in BG2EE? I had planned to do 1 playthrough for Verr'sza and one for your Khalid, but I really like the Khalid, and also got attached to Verr'sza in BGEE. I was thinking doing Verr'sza/Phahl and Skie/Eddard together even though it's a bit of a redundant team in terms of skills perhaps. I have a full complement of your NPC mods installed. :)
    I do not use EET and it's not the way I play these games / mods, so I won't be of much use here. And I have no idea if EET could somehow affect the ability to change form. But I don't think so? It's never been reported before, from what I remember.

And no, these mods do not offer continuity regarding stat changes, items etc. When you meet him in BG2EE, it is a different version of the characters.

As for who may work well with Verr... perhaps check the crossmod banter pack to see what other mod NPCs he may recognize and talk to: https://gibberlings3.github.io/Documentation/readmes/readme-crossmodbg2.html
    ...if you have G3 Crossmod Banter Pack installed, that is...
    edited April 2023
    Thanks. Looks like Khalid doesn't play with Verr'sza much. I'll save him for a later "good" playthrough. :)

I'm surprised it would play out the way it does, especially given that EE/SOD is the same mod file. Spooky. Maybe it has to do with him starting as Human in SOD.

EDIT: I noticed that his Claw ability is also missing (but Phahl has his). So it's looking like the problem is that Verr'sza's Rakshasa abilities didn't get applied. Any chance I can use AddSpell("<string>") to add them to V? What might it be called?

EDIT2: I found them with EEKeeper, then was able to add L1HUM via the console, which works fine. Hooray!
    Post edited by Iecerint on