Skip to content

Core rules, no reloads, minimal metagaming - how far can you get?

2»

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Nice still shots from the movies there, they really help set the mood for locations. It's great being able to add all the ones that were cut from the EE's back to the game via the Classic Movies mod.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    Nice still shots from the movies there, they really help set the mood for locations. It's great being able to add all the ones that were cut from the EE's back to the game via the Classic Movies mod.

I love the original movies. I think they are little works of art. I've never understood why the EEs chose to cut them. To me it felt like an act of vandalism.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited September 2021
    The party is exploring Balduran's Seatower and some of the new locations are absolutely stunning:
    hu8mki2f4k6m.png
    xxmp321zjs47.png
    Back in Baldur's Gate, Imoen has been going thieving with Narlen Darkwalk and Redege. The latter has my second favourite line in the game: "I'll not taint the beauty of the night with superfluous chatter." (My favourite is a voiced line by Chloe, the 'breathless child' who runs up to you in Beregost and says: "Ooh, you smell!") :
    rh1u6v1uhs9t.png
    I had been sending Imoen into the Thieves' Guild alone because I figured she would be going out on heists without the knowledge of my Cavalier. Unfortunately, the quest for Alatos to steal the Halruuan skyship artefacts seems either to be bugged or have got messed up by a mod. I delivered the three items to Alatos but he accused me of having failed to do so. Resar, the Halruuan mage, then turned hostile (which I guess he does whether you complete the quest or not). At this point Narlen Darkwalk should have appeared and backstabbed Resar but he didn't show, which left Imoen in a rather awkward position. Fortunately she had a potion of Invisibility so she was able to escape outside and join the rest of the party, who then went in and killed Resar, which weirdly triggered the dialogue from Alatos accusing Narlen of killing him (even though Narlen was nowhere to be seen).

So something has gone wrong somewhere but I have no idea what might have caused it.