Skip to content

Lazy Dragon, Feed Me!!!

DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
So, in hopes to get away from pathfinders and actually earn the title of "artist/illustrator" that I currently barely cling too... I blame kingmaker personally... I'm looking back at a old dream I once had.

One of my earliest hopes and dreams was to be one for mages/wizards/sorcerers what Frank Frazetta was for barbarians. If you gotta dream big, might as well make it impossible right?

I'm drawing the line here ontop of the projects I'm already doing and the comic that's moving at a snails pace. I'm starting my arcane series. With the first piece being a illustration of a divination wizard.

Why am I posting this here? I want you all to feed me your ideas of how a divination wizard should look or feel. I already have an idea in my mind but I want to see what bounces off the minds of others.

Now feed the beast nom nom nom!!!!

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    xwsxwha3da3y.jpeg

Basically a space-cadet hippie... ?
    (photo courtesy of Harry Potter)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Maybe someone who carries a bunch of objects for looking on their person? Just covered in magnifying glasses, telescopes, spectacles, etc.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Someone gangly, tall, young, with long hair, slightly dreamy look, a purple open robe with pockets full of mind-altering herbs. No particular reason why, just the first image that my brain supplies.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    it would seem that a diviner and lore master would work well together and your character wants to go that route, being somewhat of a "watcher" from the marvel universe where upon your character is interested in finding out the most ubscure of knowledge or perhaps is making sure that important knowledge is never forgotten

in fact, recently i had a weird idea for a v3.5 character where they were a half-elf and its class was; bard 1, barbarian 1, cleric 1, druid 1, fighter 1, ranger 1, rogue 1, diviner 1, sorcerer 1, horizon walker 10, arcane archer 1

and the thing that i found most interesting about that character is that was the first time that i specialized as a diviner for a wizard specialization, i felt that it really connected well with this whacky type character who just wanted to roam the lands and planes and discover new things and what nots
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited October 2021
    You know, I have a character in my story who is a divination wizard. She’s a governess gifted with foresight who uses her abilities to rule her lands effectively, maintaining a somewhat fragile peace between the nobility and the common people. That might be a concept to make use of.