Skip to content

Purely necromantic F/M/C

Well, I'm trying to play with solo F/M/C using only spells of the Necromancy school. ?

Difficulty: HoF
Name: Larloch (lawful evil)
Race: half-elf
STR=18/63
DEX=CON=18
INT=WIS=16
CHA=4
Current level = 3/3/3 in Easthaven
Dual-handed (3 slots)
Hammer proficiency (2 slots).

Available necromancy spells:

Aid (divine, lvl 2)
Cause Light Wounds (divine, lvl 1)
Cause Moderate Wounds (divine, lvl 2)
Chill Touch (arcane, lvl 1)
Cure Light Wounds (divine, lvl 1)
Cure Moderate Wounds (divine, lvl 2)
Larloch's Minor Drain (arcane, lvl 1)
Slow Poison (divine, lvl 2).
StummvonBordwehr

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    At the moment, I'm attracting monsters 1 by 1, using Cause Light/Moderate Wounds and finishing them in melee. It's a bit tedious and require some reloads. ? I'm waiting for lvl 3 Animate Dead divine spell in order to fight with orc mobs in the Easthaven's Cave. ?
    My character of lvl 6/6/7 has just arrived at Kuldahar. Now he has additional necromancy spells:

Animate Dead, Cause Disease, Cause Serious Wounds, Circle of Bones, Cure Medium/Serious Wounds, Death Ward, Horror, Lesser Restoration, Neutralize Poison, Poison, Unfailing Endurance, Unholy Blight.

Well, I missed Holy Smite cuz of evil alignment. ?

I decided that my necromancer could/should have a familiar (an Imp with Polymorph Self spell 1/day) casted from a scroll that I bought in Kuldahar. ?
    Balrog99StummvonBordwehr
    Original D&D Larloch (Shadow King) is lawful evil human lich. So my alignment choice seems to be correct. However, I regret a bit about Holy Smite. LoL ??
    After several fights, I realized the necessity of Sanctuary and some other protective spells of the Abjuration school. So, I adopt the following modification to my original idea:

Magic Book: Necromancy
    Priest Book: Abjuration/Necromancy

Divine Abjuration Spells:
    lvl 1: Armor of Faith, Protection from Evil, Remove Fear, Sanctuary
    lvl 3: Cure Disease, Dispel Magic, Exaltation, Glyph of Warding, Negative Plan Protection, Protection from Fire, Remove Curse, Remove Paralysis, Storm Shell, Zone of Sweet Air
    lvl 4: Free Action, Protection from Evil (10' Radius), Protection from Lightning, Recitation

Current Status: lvl 7/8/8 in Kuldahar (chapter 1). ?
  • AerichAerich Member Posts: 159
    This one still ongoing? Personally, if there's no Aerial Servant allowed, I'd be refusing to do it. Because of the long casting times of the Cause Wounds spells, they aren't very easy to cast in combat without interruption, especially if summons aren't used.
    Yigor
    edited October 2021
    Aerich wrote: »
    This one still ongoing? Personally, if there's no Aerial Servant allowed, I'd be refusing to do it. Because of the long casting times of the Cause Wounds spells, they aren't very easy to cast in combat without interruption, especially if summons aren't used.

Yes, but I restarted it in trio with Blackguard and Wild Mage. There are only 5 possible saves on my Nintendo Switch version and I decided to unify 3 evil characters into the same gameplay. ?

Well, the Aerial Servant is not related to Necromancy imho, but U can make an exception and/or create your own rules. ?

N.B. Aerial Servant and Conjure Air Elemental spells suit especially to Air/Wind Elementalists. ?️
  • AerichAerich Member Posts: 159
    Wild Mage is too chaotic for me, but Blackguard and F/M/C is a strong duo.
    edited October 2021
    Aerich wrote: »
    Wild Mage is too chaotic for me, but Blackguard and F/M/C is a strong duo.

Currently, I left my necromantic F/M/C (lvl 8/8/8) in the Kuldahar's tavern and playing with Blackguard + Wild Mage duo in the Vale of Shadows. After that I'm planning to alternate playing with Blackguard + F/M/C. ?

Meanwhile, there is a bug and, while waiting it the Kuldahar's tavern, my F/M/C got somehow 260HP. I guess that he ate and drank a lot! LoL ??
    StummvonBordwehr
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Yigor wrote: »
    Meanwhile, there is a bug and, while waiting it the Kuldahar's tavern, my F/M/C got somehow 260HP. I guess that he ate and drank a lot! LoL ??
    Probably a case of HoF bonuses being applied inappropriately.
    Yigor
    I restarted a solo purely necromantic F/M/C (LE alignment) game on HoF. The starting level in Easthaven is 8/8/8. 😎

Available arcane necromantic spells:

Chill Touch, Larloch's Minor Drain and Horror.

(In addition, I have in the spellbook Find Familiar, Identify and Knock).

Available divine necromantic spells:

Level 1: Cause Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds.
    Level 2: Aid, Cause Moderate Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Slow Poison.
    Level 3: Animate Dead, Cause Disease, Cause Medium Wounds, Circle of Bones, Cure Medium Wounds, Unholy Blight.
    Level 3: Cause Serious Wounds, Cure Serious Wounds, Death Ward, Lesser Restoration, Neutralize Poison, Poison, Unfailing Endurance.

(In addition, I authorize the Find Traps spell). B)