Skip to content

Corthala Romantique - Valygar Romance Mod

13»

Comments

• d2freakd2freak Member Posts: 31
    Thanks @jastey it works perfectly now
    jastey
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    The mod updates to v5 with improved English version by RavenBlack!

Changelog:
    -English version proofread by RavenBlack.
  • AstridAstrid Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2023
    Hello,

Firstly really thank all the modders here, I really enjoyed all the dialogues with him.
    It's fun and add lots of character to him. :)

So here's my question.
    I've just finished ToB and got some questions about the mod, and I got really confused about the ending.

*Spoilers alert

So I've chosen to be a mortal again, but to my surprise, in the ending text of Valygar, the text showed that he married Lenora eventually.
    After all these lovetalks...Is that the best happliy ever after ending?
    I mean if that's the best ending with him and my character, ok, I'm trying another one dating lol
    (Yup I'm kinda heartbroken right now hahahaha, I mean he just said he loved me but married another woman in the end :'( )
    But I wonder if there's any dialogue I did wrong or I missed some of the parts of the relationship.
    Not sure about other possible endings... I've searched for more information but couldn't find any discussion.
    If any other player has dated him or the writer/modder @jastey here would love to give me some hints about this...would be really appreciated.

Thanks for the great mod again!
    edited June 2023
    @Astrid
    Is this the epilogue you got?
    ~Valygar and <CHARNAME> continued adventuring for several years after the end of the War of the Five. They were seen together as far North as Luskan and one legend placed them in Thay. The passion which engulfed Valygar's heart while <CHARNAME> was walking the razor's edge subsided in the later years and turned into the heartfelt friendship.

One day, the two met Leonora DeVellenzzi, who traveled with them for a time. When she indicated that it was time for her to return to Athkatla, Valygar asked for a leave from <CHARNAME> to follow the Marquise.

Leonora and Valygar traveled back to Athkatla, where he planned to assume a contemplative life on his family estate, but admirers among the nobility would not let him rest. He was pressured into assuming the title of Chief Inspector, a responsibility he did not want, but corruption within the city soon gained his ire. Surprising even himself, Valygar became an effective leader, and it was this term in office that truly restored the Corthala family name.

Valygar eventually married Leonora DeVallenzzi. The famous heroine, <CHARNAME> of Candlekeep, was the woman who danced the most at the wedding and drank heartily to the happiness of the newlyweds.

Corthala's only son, the pride of Valygar's life, took the lessons of the father to heart. He would go on to lead the Cowled Wizards, becoming the organization's greatest agent of reform.~
    In the script it says this will happen if
    //7. (PC did not ascend) Marriage not proposed or rejected, PC did not want to sail to Zakhara, did not want children, did Leonora's quest
    Does that sound like your PC's choices?

EDIT: you can see the different epilogue possibilities in \scripts\tob\p#vathro.baf, and the texts for them are as comments in corthalaromantique.tp2.
    @jastey
    Yes that’s exactly what I got in the end.

Thank you so much for the help!
    Guess I was way too honest with him. lol
    Again, this also shows that the writer did put thoughts with the process of the relationship between him and my character.

Now I have the motivation to go through the romance all over again. :#

Really appreciated and enjoyed the mod, thank you!❤️

Btw, I’ve noticed that there were several parts with the romance got partly stucked, I guess it could be fixed in the future.

*spoiler alert

The first one is in SoA, after the abduction of Bodhi.
    After Valygar was killed by my character, I went to the temple in the dock district. As the priests instructed, I went to the tavern in Umar hills looking for the book merchant.
    However, the book merchant didn’t say anything related to the resurrection or anything like that. I guess that part could be edited for more smooth relationship processing?
    (The reviving worked out fine, just that the dialogues could have given more hints, just my personal opinion.)

The other one happened in ToB, when the party went to the temple of Yaga-Shura, where I encountered fake Gorion and Valygar’s parents.
    The text instruction didn’t fit the scene. (The instruction repeated the part of Bodhi abduction)
    And Valygar’s mother kinda turned into stone and didn’t vanish even after the combat.

Except those two parts I found a bit odd, all the other talks and stories worked pretty smoothly.

Again, please accept my most sincere gratitude and respect for the mod!

@jastey

Yes that was exactly what I got in the end.
    Thank you so much! This helped solve my doubts for several days! :#
    Guess I was being way too honest with him...lol
    On the other hand, this also shows how much efforts and thoughts the writer has put in all the talks of this relationship! I Really admire that!

Oh...btw I think I have two more minor questions, they didn't affect the story, but I think the romance would run more smoothly with some fixes.

***Spoilers alert

The first one happened in SoA, after the Bodhi abduction incident.
    After I killed Valygar and had his body looking for ways to revive him. I kinda lost my track after I went to the Temple in dock district.
    The priests in dock district instructed me to go to Umar Hills for a book merchant, but once I got there the merchant didn't mention anything related to what the priest said.
    So I googled and used the official way to revive him in the temple of the Lord of Shade.
    It worked out fine, just I think that maybe add some dialogues with the merchant NPC might help the players with the instructions of how to bring the lover back to life.

The other one happened in ToB, which I've seen one or two players mention on other forums.
    When my party arrived at the Temple of Yaga-Shura, the one with his mother Naylee, the shade Gorion was also there with Valygar's parents.
    Valygar's mom turned into a stone or something like that and froze there. She didn't disappear even after the combat.
    Also, the instruction text repeated the part of Bodhi abduction, which didn't fit the scene and the story there.
    It was odd but didn't affect the talks and the combat.

Again, for a game full of history(I played BG2 like 20 years ago the first time lol), I really wanna thank you and all the writers/modders for bringing him to a complete story and a in-depth romance.

Thank you for all the help and work, please accept my sincere gratitude and appreciation! <3:#
    Thanks for the kind words, this mods was a group effort with Domi for main writer.

I'll note down the two reports, the second one is definitely a bug. I'll look into it when I'll find the time.

Sorry the epilogue didn't give the happy ending you'd have preferred, but it seems it was the intended one then.