Skip to content

[v2.8] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG:EE and SoD

Comments

• lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    I was unable to install Sirene by project infinity. Oddly enough, I got her into it just fine with BWS. I think they both came from github, so they should be the same version? Its an EET install, and this is one of the few dozen mods I was unable to get installed successfully
    #Installing [Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition]
    #Copying 1 file ...
    #Copying 1 file ...
    #Copying 1 file ...
    #Adding C0ILM Kit ...
    #Kit [C0ILM] already present! Skipping!
    #Doing EE-type kit extensions for kit C0ILM
    #Copying and patching 1 file ...
    #Appending to files ...
    #Appending to files ...
    #Appending to files ...
    #Appending to files ...
    #Appending to files ...
    #Appending to files ...
    #Appending to files column-wise ...
    #Appending to files ...
    #Appending to files ...
    #Extending game scripts ...
    #Appending to files ...
    #Compiling 5 dialogue files and 4 scripts ...
    #WARNING: internal label [1] not found in processed DLG [KNIGHT]
    #ERROR: COPY_TRANS KNIGHT state #1 out of range 0-1, SKIPPED
    #ERROR: Cannot process COPY_TRANS (Failure("COPY_TRANS out of range"))
    #ERROR: processing COPY_TRANS [Sirene/Dialogue/C0SirenJ.d]: Failure("COPY_TRANS out of range")
    #Stopping installation because of error.
    #Stopping installation because of error.
    #ERROR Installing [Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition], rolling back to previous state
    #Will uninstall 55 files for [Sirene\Setup-Sirene.tp2] component 0.
    #Uninstalled 55 files for [Sirene\Setup-Sirene.tp2] component 0.
    #ERROR: Failure("COPY_TRANS out of range")
    #Please make a backup of the file: Setup-Sirene.debug and look for support at: Artemius_I
    #Automatically Skipping [Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition] because of error.
    #Using Language [English]
    #[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 308683 string entries
    #NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
    #
    #WARNING: Sirene : 0 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2
    #WARNING: unpausing installation will continue from next component.
    #[C:\Users\David\Downloads\Tools\WeiDU\247.00\weidu.exe] WeiDU version 24700
    #Using Language [English]
    #Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

Was I supposed to put BG1 Sirene before EET start?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    lollers wrote: »

Was I supposed to put BG1 Sirene before EET start?
    Yes. EET compatibility list is here.

• lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    I'm sure my Sirene is jinxed because she keeps on geting hit in fights despite having a very similar AC to other character. People keep rolling 20s and high teens against poor sirene. Is it possible that there is a curse or luck penalty that I haven't spotted?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    The base d20 roll can’t be manipulated. You’re just getting very unlucky. Fortunately, Sirene is very well-suited to taking hits.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    Finished BG1EE playthrough with a party of Sirene, Drake, Aura, Isra and Xan. Really enjoying the well-written dialogues for these NPCs. I even took them to all original NPCs (29 people I think) and used Ctrl+I to force trigger the banters with all of them (took me whole day), and really impressed with efforts in making the banters as close to the original game as possible, and some of the banters are so funny~ Really like all of them especially Drake and Aura~

Looking forward to see their content in SOD~

Perhaps too long for the appreciation part, well, I post here because I think Sirene should have banters with Baeloth, Edwin and Garrick BGEE (not SOD) , but I can't trigger them using Ctrl+I or waiting for some time. Not sure whether this is intended or there are other conditions needed to trigger.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2021
    Sirene in SOD is great so far, but I have some concerns on her mini-quest when I just reached Dead Man's Pass.
    We met a guy and we killed a demon knight that he had summoned. After that she said something in my screenshot. I feel a bit weird as initially she seems doesn't know who is this guy when the conversation started, but after the battle she was speaking like this guy is Hephernaan.

Additionally, the talks hinting the portal and Arvernus look weird to me, as at this point we should not know that our party are going to Arvernus soon. Our mission now should be rescuing Skie and "spelunking".

I'm not sure whether this is because I missed out some earlier hints, or is this talk triggered earlier than expected.

v3ted0c42ey8.jpg

Post edited by xiaoleiwen on
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    edited February 2021
    Hi I started a Playthrough with Sirene, Drake, Aura, Emily and Vienxay in my Party recently.
    I really enjoy Aura. Lots of Banters and Interactions and a really funny and fresh Character :)

I have a question about Sirene though:

I had Banters with all NPCs except Sirene so far. She only had one Crossmod Banter with Aura. I didn't progress far into the Game. Only like about 5 Areas are fully cleared and the Party is about Level 3ish.

But since every other Character bantered with Charname already (Cavalier) i start to worry that i might have messed up Installation Order or something like that. Is there a special Reputation required (currently at 16) or does a specific Event/Encounter has to happen to trigger her Banters with Charname? Or does she need a bit more time to start her Banters?

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Wutan1988

If you haven't gone through the Nashkel Mines yet, she won't converse with the PC (in hindsight I wish I hadn't designed it like this, but whatever). Afterwards she should start talking with you very quickly.
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    @AionZ

Thank you very much. I really want to romance her with my Paladin so i was a bit anxious why she didn't start Conversations with him yet. Usually i knock out all other Areas before the Mines but this time i will rush for it. I heard great Things about your Sirene Mod so i am very curious and excited experience it for myself :)

To be honest it's even the first time i play with SCS and a bigger Modinstallation even though i play that game for 20 years now. This Playthrough will be a Blast.

Thank you very very much for your help and contributing so much awesome Mods to discover and play with. I also really enjoy the Artisan Kitpack.

Cheers :)
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    AionZ wrote: »
    @Wutan1988

If you haven't gone through the Nashkel Mines yet, she won't converse with the PC (in hindsight I wish I hadn't designed it like this, but whatever). Afterwards she should start talking with you very quickly.

yeah unlike isra where it made sense alot of her content did not start until you finished the mines as you recruit her right before it. there is no indication that sirene's is blocked off until then as she makes not mention of it.
  • lordloraclordlorac Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I'm trying to install Sirene for an android version of SoD. Does someone know how to do it?
  • lordloraclordlorac Member Posts: 2
    I possess game on pc too (modding pc is easy, but for android...)
  • 311stylee311stylee Member Posts: 9
    In order to get all of the crossmod content with Drake, Aura, and White do I need to install those mods first? Or is the content duplicated between them?
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 495
    edited March 2021
    zelurker wrote: »
    Anyway there was another problem with the kit, when passing a level, I had the same weapon proficiencies as a cleric ! Happens only in eet, happen also if you start a new game with a martyr, you get the proficiencies of a cleric in the character creation screen ! I tracked this one to the kitlist.2da file in the override directory, it's editable in a text editor with legends for each column so it's not that hard. The number for proficiencies for the martyr kit (C0ILM) was the same as the one on the line just before, which happened to be a cleric of Tempus ! So if I put the same number here as "cavalier" which was 32 for me, she gets the correct proficiencies, the same as a cavalier, no ranged weapon, but all the other weapons.
    Thank you !

I had a similar problem (not the same proficiencies than a cleric), and your workarnound worked fine.

It's on a EET install too, so I wonder if having a kit mod install on BG1EE before installing EET on BG2EE would be the culprit there.

Maybe the Martyr kit could be added to the Artisan's Kitpack, and made an optional component for the Sirene mod ? That's way, you first install the Sirene NPC on BGEE, and then when you install the Artisan's kitpack on EET, you can add the Martyr kit to Sirene ?

Post edited by Trouveur on
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    lordlorac wrote: »
    I possess game on pc too (modding pc is easy, but for android...)

@lordlorac , please see this thread for installing mods on Android. It's a bit more complicated than on PC, but if you read the information there you should probably be able to figure it out or at least know the right place to ask for help.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 495
    Hi, I really like Sirene in BG1, a powerful kit, a strong character but with doubts, the banters with Ajantis were interesting, I hope than in BG2 they have some continuity with Anomen and/or Keldorn.

I wonder if this line from Sirene is intented :
    buooabv4v5t1.jpg
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    I've recently completed a playthrough of BG1 and have moved on to Siege of Dragonspear. Here are my comments on Sirene:

Sirene NPC for BG: Good NPC. The romance is slow and never seems to build to anything, though I'm guessing she'll be willing to allow a relationship to develop if you continue to BG2. There were a few bugs with some of her random dialogue for reputation, but I think that may have been caused by the Tenya Thermidor mod that was installed next in the chain. I think there were also some kit issues as well that needed some manual fixes. I'd love to see this mod updated to full EET compatibility to hopefully squash the few issues.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the thing with sod mod romances is they are meant to be prologues to the ones in bg2. so they are not as in depth.
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    I am currently in a good party with Aura and Sirene. Great characters. My PC is a female NG gnome illusionist. The party has Imoen as Invoker, Ajantis as Cavalier, Aura as Artificer/Priestess and Sirene. I love the interesting banters. Amazing work.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited August 2021
    I ran into a bit of an issue with Sirene at Dead Man's Pass. The mysterious figure, and the minions he conjures, kept the party from advancing and saving any of the refugees further up the road. They were a bit too preoccupied with not dying themselves.

From an RP perspective, the party would never realize that they were in danger. You just find a pile of coins and bodies. However, while it isn't necessarily terrible from an RP standpoint, it seems a bit unfortunate that this encounter would seem to always result in the loss of that opportunity.

The other issue, and this may be a game mechanic problem, is that the summoned minion *should* go after Sirene, not the PC. However, I noticed this problem with Rasaad in SoA - where, despite *not even being a monk* the PC does all of Rasaad's quests for him.
  • Note to all Steam users. Use ModMerge to prevent this mod coming out funny.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited September 2021
    Note to all Steam users. Use ModMerge to prevent this mod coming out funny.

Only if you have SoD installed. GoG needs modmerge as well in the same scenario. You need to modmerge for SoD before ANY mods, because of how those services handle the expansion. Its not specific to this mod.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Ok, I'm setting up a new install and I'd like to clarify. Does Sirene for BG1 *have* to be installed on the BGEE/SOD first, or can it be installed after EET_Start?

Right now, it is one of two mods that are getting installed prior, but I'm not sure if that is necessary.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    edited December 2021
    I was under the impression that Modmerge had been replaced by dlcMerger and that Modmerge was now deprecated due to the fact that it is no longer maintained.
  • CinelRimCinelRim Member Posts: 1
    Hi, i've been playing with Sirene for a while and she's really one of my favorite NPC mods, but i've got a problem with her "Sacrifice" ability. When i use it, she systematically goes down to 1HP and gets knocked down, as if she was too low to bear the sacrifice's damage. This happens all the time, even when she has more than enough HP to use it (even when she is over 50 HP, which should be sacrifice's max dmg. And she's far from lvl 20 !).

Is this a bug with the mod or something with my installation ? I installed her through the EE mod setup tool, could this be the reason ? This is in BG:EE, I'm not using EET right now.

I've considered installing her as a Cavalier but i really like the idea of the Martyr subclass, it really fits a paladin of Ilmater while at the same time giving the paladin a role more focused on healing which is a cool change.

Thanks a lot for your help.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    What's your full install order?
  • MordschlagArtMordschlagArt Member Posts: 2
    Hi there!

I installed Sirene previously before owning SoD and she worked without any issues. But since I purchased and installed SoD she's been freaking out. This item description appears above her head permanently and her dialogue and voice lines are also switched up. Even her interactions with other companions.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the mod a couple times, I am not using any other mods. Any ideas what the issue is and how to solve it?

u8n40k51incc.jpg
    afnty1vxpc4k.jpg

It was quite surreal, hearing Khalid say daddy in a woman's voice. :D
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 58
    Hi there!

I installed Sirene previously before owning SoD and she worked without any issues. But since I purchased and installed SoD she's been freaking out. This item description appears above her head permanently and her dialogue and voice lines are also switched up. Even her interactions with other companions.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the mod a couple times, I am not using any other mods. Any ideas what the issue is and how to solve it?

u8n40k51incc.jpg
    afnty1vxpc4k.jpg

It was quite surreal, hearing Khalid say daddy in a woman's voice. :D

Your text strings are wrong. If you're using steam, did you install https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71305/mod-dlc-merger-merge-steam-gog-sod-dlc-or-custom-dlcs-with-the-main-game/p1 before any other mods?
  • MordschlagArtMordschlagArt Member Posts: 2
    I did not, this should fix it, thank you!
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    edited August 2022
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    I've recently completed a playthrough of BG1 and have moved on to Siege of Dragonspear. Here are my comments on Sirene:

Sirene NPC for BG: Good NPC. The romance is slow and never seems to build to anything, though I'm guessing she'll be willing to allow a relationship to develop if you continue to BG2. There were a few bugs with some of her random dialogue for reputation, but I think that may have been caused by the Tenya Thermidor mod that was installed next in the chain. I think there were also some kit issues as well that needed some manual fixes. I'd love to see this mod updated to full EET compatibility to hopefully squash the few issues.

Any one knows if those few bugs reported by @Caedwyr have been solved ?

I also noticed that the Martyr kit is now included in the Artisan's Kit Pack mod (it requires the Paladin Overhaul component). I guess installing that mod after Sirene (in an EET install) is going to update Sirene Marty class ?