Skip to content

Pathfinding Regression

In the last stable update or previous stable update. Across the board regression: NPCs, henchman, familiars, etc. Just making sure BD is aware. All are now becoming invariable stuck on the most commonplace tileset features and/or placeables.

Comments

• ThyrjorlundThyrjorlund Member Posts: 1
    Can confirm, the AI constantly tries to run through walls and target enemies that way too. Very frustrating.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Can you please try on the latest Dev build? Also, please provide more details about the issue (if it happens on the Dev build).
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    @JuliusBorisov , sorry for the late reply. I tend to run the PW on the stable version just to avoid regressions and headaches. I can move it to the Dev and test if there's not a host of other things that could go awry, i.e., lack of compatibility, toolset stuff, etc.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    edited September 2021
    Still just as bad in 8193.32
    I'm pleased to say I have noticed a major improvement with the last stable release. At the very least, it is back to where it was when it was first improved upon. Thank you!
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    edited October 2021
    Old_Gith wrote: »
    I'm pleased to say I have noticed a major improvement with the last stable release. At the very least, it is back to where it was when it was first improved upon. Thank you!

No improvement noticed on my side. My character still being stuck when opening doors from side in front of them. Walking from upper level to lower still, bridges, placeables on a non-flat terrain. That still get you stuck.

The only improvement I found is that my players no longer stuck permanently when they create a placeable "under" them. And this was solved in build 32 already.

It would be much better if the pathfinding got reverted to vanilla 1.69. It is nearly unplayable for those of us that are controlling their character only via mouse.
    Yeah, I'll have to echo @Shadooow 's assessment. While it seems improved for NPCs, PCs are still back to square one.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    I can replicate player character getting stuck at the corner of an open door easy enough. But micromanaging the waypaints is so intuitive (for me) and easy that I never even noticed there was any issue while playing a handful of mods I'm testing through. I really don't think calling mouse control "Unplayable" is accurate there.

My last attempts to play with 1.69 were rather bad, as I found 2 modules in a row that were badly broken by that update, so I don't remember the details if the PC was easier to navigate. I can say with certainty that the non player party members are behaving *much* better now with this update.
  • ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    To be honest. I still miss the pre-1.69 days where players and creatures had no body blocking. I never remember any pathfinding issues until after that was put in place.
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    edited December 2021
    Not sure if this has to do with the same topic but I'm also noticing issues with doors opening and/or closing that cause a player to suddenly teleport to them or get stuck above them, just weird behavior in general. I can't specifically reproduce it but I've been messing around in my hobby module and trying out visual transform on players so they can "sleep" in beds that are part of the tileset. Anyway, sometimes while I'm still transformed or even just standing far away from the door to the bedroom, and it autocloses, I will just all of the sudden be "teleported" to the door, stuck in the wall, or stuck above the door. It happens quite a bit but not every time. In this video I got it to happen every time.
    https://youtu.be/oKOEh1RwPl4
  • ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    I have noticed that opening doors seems to teleport your character often. Feels like playing on a laggy server, but happens in single player.