Skip to content

How do I apply the "Poison of Terror"?

ReiRei Member Posts: 66
I've been given the "Poison of Terror" to contaminate the crusaders' food supply. I've entered the caves beneath Dragonspear and found the crusaders' "Supply Depot" which seems like an ideal place to use the poison. I found a crate full of sacks of grain which seems like a reasonable use of the poison. But I'm not sure how to use it.

Leaving the vial in the crate doesn't seem like it would work. "Using" the poison causes my character to just drink it.

Is this overly suspicious crate of grain not what I'm looking for? Where (and how) do I apply the poison?

(Don't worry about spoilers.)

Thanks.

Comments

• MythagoMythago Member Posts: 23
    This isn't very apparent, but you need to 'use' the food/water supplies. Check around with mouse cursor, and it should change where you can click and use something.

There are other places in this game that use the same mechanic, but sometimes it's clearer, like a switch on a wall.
  • JurisJuris Member Posts: 113
    Yeah it's not obvious. On the second floor is the food supply which gives you a circular cursor over the food to click on. I never found where the water was, and the dialogue option at the end just let me say I'd poisoned the food but not the water so apparently I missed it. In other words, using the 'tab' key to highlight all usable items doesn't work for this. You have to hover the cursor over everything like some kind of animal ;)
  • ReiRei Member Posts: 66
    Thanks!
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    A little query. When I was given the poison, I was told one drop in food and two in water or vice versa. I have forgotten which needs the two drops and the dosage isn't mentioned in the journal. :( However, the poison description it says just one drop in either. Can anybody tell me the true situation?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Wise_Grimwald Wait till you get the XP for adding the poison.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857

@Wise_Grimwald Wait till you get the XP for adding the poison.

Thanks. :)
  • M2ximM2xim Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2022
    It's not an habit of mine to necro 6 yo posts but since it's the first result i got when looking for the answer and the best answer miss some informations i thought it might be a good idea to create an account and elaborate a little bit since i still had to figure it out on my own. Just so future players can save some time.

You're trying to do the same thing i did because the demons who designed that quest mislead you. They just asked you to poison the crusader's supplies, MARKED the place as the crusader's supply depot, littered the place with food and water but this supply depot isn't the right one. F*** your logic! There's 2 of them because the devs are chaotic evil... The other one is called the ''Storage room'' and is much deeper in the cavern. You have to go all the way to the upper left corner of the map, go upstairs to the warrens, then go to the lift, talk to the 2 ogres and ask them to lift you up.

Now you should be in the castle basement. There's 2 rooms you're interested in with markers called ''Crusader's supplies''. In the left corner you have a room with barrels in it. One of them you can interact with to poison the water. On the right side there's a kitchen. Same thing you should find something you can interact with to poison the food.

Took me 5 mins to do but i lost 3h of my life trying to figure it out EXCLUSIVELY because of that stupid ''Crusader supply depot'' marker that kept reeling me back at the entrance to waste my life and sanity instead of just exploring. I hope this will save someone the headache lol