Skip to content

Next BG2:EE update

I don’t know if this has been posted already. I tried searching, but couldn’t find anything about it. Just some thoughts for a future BG2 update.
I just finished replaying BG:SoD and had several thoughts.
I loved the companions of Glint (successfully romanced) and M’Khin, and I would love to see them brought into BG2. It would also be nice to give us gay males a romance option that is NOT a chaotic evil killing machine!
Also, how about a side quest involving the Soulknife and Skie’s soul? CHARNAME could pick up this quest (maybe run into Belt or Mizhena in Athkatla?), and eventually bring the dagger back to Athkatla and send it back to Duke Eltan in Baldur’s Gate, thus bringing to an end a dangling plot thread from SoD.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Future bugfixing patches? Likely, but don't hold your breath; it's a slow patch cycle.

Future official content updates? No. Look to the many mods for that.
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    Hello, this mod should make your dreams come true...at least for the Soulknife and Skie’s soul part !

Skie: The Cost of One Girl’s Soul
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I'm glad you've enjoyed SoD.

However, we don't have any content plans for the Enhanced Editions-- only support & bug fixes. We're focused on a new (unannounced) game.
  • LiamChgoLiamChgo Member Posts: 44
    Thank you JohnBob!
    JohnBob wrote: »
    Hello, this mod should make your dreams come true...at least for the Soulknife and Skie’s soul part !

Skie: The Cost of One Girl’s Soul

• LiamChgoLiamChgo Member Posts: 44
    Well, it’s a nice thought anyway. Hopefully in this new game, if there are any romances you won’t make the only gay male option a Chaotic Evil killer.
    I'm glad you've enjoyed SoD.

However, we don't have any content plans for the Enhanced Editions-- only support & bug fixes. We're focused on a new (unannounced) game.