Skip to content

Something wrong with Edwin Script I believe

I just had Edwin join me during the last part of the Renal quest. However, after leaving the thieves guild area and into the docks, Edwin is constantly stopping. His avatar is always at the battle ready, so I assume that a script or something is trying to kick off, but I don't know which one is or how to find it.

He's not stuttering, its just every few steps he stops, which makes it nearly unplayable. Is there a way to reset his dialogue scripts using Near Infinity or EE Keeper? I've also tried turning party AI off, changing the combat script (from advanced AI to other ones, etc) I've also tried kicking him out and re-adding him to the party with no luck.

I do have a heavily modded game using Big World Setup

Comments

• Lord_VectinLord_Vectin Member Posts: 3
    Did some further digging: When looking at his char with EE keeper, he has a weapon in the magic item slot, have no idea why. I have removed it and saved to a new game file. Also, I noticed on his portrait, after taking a few steps, you can see very quickly the icon for attack.... whether its his fists or whatever weapon he has equipped.

This doesn't allow him to have any dialogue, plus every few steps you can see that quick glitch on his portrait of what looks like an attack.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Sounds like a stutter bug - he's trying to talk, but he can't. In this case, it seems like the spurious magic weapon is preventing him from talking. Maybe try deleting that and see what happens?
  • Lord_VectinLord_Vectin Member Posts: 3
    jmerry wrote: »
    Sounds like a stutter bug - he's trying to talk, but he can't. In this case, it seems like the spurious magic weapon is preventing him from talking. Maybe try deleting that and see what happens?

Not sure if you saw my last post, but I stated I found the item in the magic weapon slot and I removed it with EE keeper. Didn't help
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited January 2022
    It's definitely a 'try to initiate conversation but is blocked by something' stutter bug. A heavily modded setup using outdated Big World Setup is likely going to cause problems sooner or later. I would recommend a clean reinstall without BWS, honestly.

Something like this (maybe using Project Infinity) is probably a better bet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vislrHkbvsqlN0m5jtDxDcSzlnA5D6ABSZy5TG1O8FQ/edit#gid=1194891517