Skip to content

Beamdog Forum Migration

Comments

• DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    test poast
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,016
    Thank you and happy holidays to all as well!
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited January 2022
    There is some weirdness going on with link colors:

link 1

Normally, links are orange (like they were before the migration).
    But inside a bulleted list, unvisited links are now white, and visited links yellow.

I'm guessing that whoever ported the forum theme to the new installation, edited the main CSS rule for links, but missed the additional CSS rules for links inside lists and such.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks for the feedback, we'll work on this.
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 424
    Really glad the forum is back! It looks great! :)

Hope everybody has a wonderful 2022! :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    ineth wrote: »
    There is some weirdness going on with link colors:

link 1

Normally, links are orange (like they were before the migration).
    But inside a bulleted list, unvisited links are now white, and visited links yellow.

I'm guessing that whoever ported the forum theme to the new installation, edited the main CSS rule for links, but missed the additional CSS rules for links inside lists and such.

Should be fixed now.
    Arvia wrote: »
    Just noticed a minor thing. Moderators glow blue now, too, instead of having a grey background.
    No, we didn't get employed all of a sudden ;).

Happy holidays to everyone!

Should be fixed now as well.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Happy New Year, folks. Here's hoping for better and brighter days in 2022.
    Indeed @Prince_Raymond !
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    Anyone else having forum load issues? It spins in both browsers, everything vanishes and then finally after a few minutes it'll populate.
    Melicamp wrote: »
    Anyone else having forum load issues? It spins in both browsers, everything vanishes and then finally after a few minutes it'll populate.

I'm not experiencing any problems.
    No problems either.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 999
    I recently tried to embed an mp4 file in my EEex thread, and while it uploaded, it didn't actually display in the post. Also, I think the new upload limit of 2MB is a tad smaller than what it was before — would it be possible to increase this?
    Do you know any post where the video was embedded before, @Bubb? I've checked a few, and all of them had GIFs, not MP4.
    @JuliusBorisov: The old forum indeed only allowed GIFs, though I think it blocked you when you tried to upload MP4s before. I guess MP4s aren't really intended to work.
    We're still trying to find a way to make it possible.
  • AndarianAndarian Member Posts: 185
    Any news on whether reactions can or will be reinstated?
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    Yeah, it takes a lot away from the meme threads when we can't like the posts.
    edited January 2022
    No change regarding the lack of reactions in the current system.
    No change regarding the lack of reactions in the current system.

bummer :'(
    We have now added the support for embedded MP4 videos (up to 50 MB).
    We have now added the support for embedded MP4 videos (up to 50 MB).
    Works great, thanks!
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    The old forum allowed us to specify which game forums we wanted to see when clicking Discussions on the top. How can this feature be used with this new forum so I can only see the discussions of those game forum categories I want to see.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    I have a question as well.

When Reading posts on your phone, you cant go from the latest page of a long thread by clicking on the first page. You could on the Old platform.

For instance some threads have more than 100 pages, which means going from page 100 to page 1 takes a while, sinde you have to go there page by page. Some mods have threads where the first page gets updated once in a while due to updates…. Checking those updates on the first page takes a while on a mobile phone. Just saying. Can something be done?
    A good question. We'll see what we can do, @StummvonBordwehr!
    The old forum allowed us to specify which game forums we wanted to see when clicking Discussions on the top. How can this feature be used with this new forum so I can only see the discussions of those game forum categories I want to see.

We've looked into this, unfortunately, this functionality can't be present under the current software.
    Thanks @JuliusBorisov. I shall keep my fingers crossed
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    The above post is the third spam I report since the migration. I did not read a single one before.

Would migration have created security breaches? >:)
    Thanks for staying vigilant, everyone! Spammers have indeed increased their activity after the software switch.
    I hope the “above post” mentioned by @Gwendolyne isnt mine - but one that has been removed o:)
    No worries. Is the mobile view better now, @StummvonBordwehr?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited March 2022
    Thanks for adding the "Flag" feature BTW. Mind you I hope I'm not overusing it for the spam that I keep finding.

[Paranoid thought] Why me? Have I offended the spammers in some way... He, he, he! Hope so.

TR