Skip to content

disabling buttons AND custom spells in sequencers

rarianrarian Member Posts: 1
I have two little little questions.

1. Can you somehow make leveling up temporarily disabled?

I have a need of switching character class with a skill. Easily done. However, leveling up while the class is switched would result in much unwanted chaos. Is there some way to disable leveling up (graying out the button maybe)?

I think maybe temporarily subtracting a lot of xp with an opcode would work but that seems like a workaround at best.

2. Can you make custom spells show up in sequencer/contingency selection list? There doesn't seem to be a 2da responsible for it. Any hints on how to accomplish it?

Comments

• nysinysi Member Posts: 60
    edited February 2022
    I can't answer you for the 1st question.

For the second, you need to use ADD_SPELL with weidu in order to add your spell to the spell.ids file.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    I recommend asking your questions on the Gibberlings3 forum.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited February 2022
    1. Applying Level Drain (even for 0 levels) will disable Level-up, but there are many immunities to such.
    Setting Experience to zero, with a timing mode other than 1, will not interfere with your actual experience, and will properly revert once the effect is removed.

2. The sequencer/contingency automatically lists all memorized wizard/priest spells, custom or not. They must be explicitly blacklisted (in CONTINGX.2da) in order to NOT show up.
  • rarian1rarian1 Member Posts: 1
    But that's the thing, I make a copy of some priest spells, switch them into wizard types, name them whatever and teach them via the 0x93 (learn spell) opcode to my sorcerer kit (in fact, I make a little separate method to allow selection of which spells to learn at level when I want to let them be learned). They don't show up in sequencer/contingency list. They do show up in the spellbook.

I will try adding them to spell.ids then.

Thanks for the xp hint though.

(nevermind the new account)