Skip to content

Game Freezes!

LloydWalLloydWal Member Posts: 12
Just beginning new game and it froze 3 times in the first 2 days (game time). I received no error message. Only recourse was to close the game and restart. Using Windows 10. Any suggestions?
Post edited by LloydWal on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Could be anything. Not enough info about the pattern it freezes under. When you're saving, when you're changing locations etc. What language you play in. The main suspects are AV programs.
  • LloydWalLloydWal Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2022
    English language. Freezes trying to travel from AR2700 on east side. Tried turning off Microsoft AV with no luck. Would uninstalling and reinstalling the game possibly help? Otherwise I will try to find another game to play, I guess.
    Post edited by LloydWal on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    This might be the reason (as the game autosaves at area-transition): https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/article/1099694893

You can also try enabling the Alternate Renderer in Options - Graphics (maybe the crash is because of the renderer?)

If you use mods, or used mods before, the remnants of those files in the override folder can lead to a crash.
    Strangely enough, the game is now working well and I did nothing! Thanks anyway. God Bless.
    Game freezing again. Would uninstalling and re-downloading help? If so, how do I go about it?