Skip to content

Text Tree files - is there a way to grab the text from the game?

Hello!

I'm writing and recording an unofficial audio drama of the game; it's fun, I've been in the process of "writing" it for a few months on and off now. What I have so far is available on YouTube - I'll link a trailer for it at the bottom - but this isn't about promotion!

I'm hoping to find an easier way of getting the text for the dialogue and descriptions. Anyone able to point me to how/where I can find out how to copy and paste the text trees directly.
Currently, I'm taking photos of the screen, using Google lense and copying that text to my PC. It's fine, but a little arduous.

Peace,

Squidge
Revocer GM

Here's the link to a trailer I made, that then leads onto the first chapter of the story (everything up until leaving the Mortuary):

https://youtu.be/FY6fSCvhZKs

I've been writing the Hive section now for while. I've got the progress all mapped, but I need to actually have it all written before I continue recording, so to ensure I get the narrative order making sense, otherwise it could end up too messy.

Comments

• Revocer_GMRevocer_GM Member Posts: 2
    I've downloaded WinBiff, loaded then chitin key, but can't seem to actually get to the files... btw it may be obvious, but I don't know what I'm doing. I'm prepared to risk re-downloading the game
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    You can access the trees with the NearInfinity program.