Skip to content

Tazok and Getting Legacy of the Masters in Bandit Camp - Yes It's Possible

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
Real Talk - You 100% can pick pocket Tazok's gauntlets (Legacy of the Masters). This is in BG:EE and without hacks/cheats. I post this because the BG wiki and some other sites say its not doable as of BG:EE. Here you go.

Ensure you choose a dialog tree so that he attacks you in the Bandit Camp (Say you will bruise him...).

Once he turns red use Algernon's Cloak to charm him. This is EXTREMELY difficult. You cannot use any other charm method and he has to throw a 20 on his save to fail. So you may want to reload right before talking to Tevren or Raiken and try this a few times. If you REALLY get tired of it, use EE Keeper and set your cloak charges to 50 and then set it back. May save you a few dozen reloads.

Theoretically you could maybe pickpocket him as he walks aways and turns blue but good luck getting all 4 off the bat... it may be doable.

You must have a thief with 100 Pick Pockets. Whether naturally or through potions. It could be 90 or something, but 100 is what I had and it worked. 50 will get you the other items but not gauntlets.

Once he's charmed pick pocket him for his 4 loot items (Potion of Strength, Oil of Speed, Black Opal, and YES -- Legacy of the Masters).

After you are done pick pocketing him just attack him. He'll give you the "you are pretty tough" dialog and leave. While Tazok is charmed you can also take this opportunity to get Tevren's charmed dialog journal entry as well (if he brought you). This has to be while Tazok is attacking you, not after he starts to leave or it'll say Tevren is busy.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    A neat discovery, nice!
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited February 2022
    A neat discovery, nice!

Thanks friend. It shocked me haha. Been playing a long time.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    If you want to use this method I advise casting Greater Malison before using the cloak to make things a bit easier. If you have the means to cast this spell of course.