Skip to content

2.6 on Android - RELEASED

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
Huge updates for Baldur's Gate I & II, Siege of Dragonspear & Icewind Dale enhanced editions arrived on Google Play this week.

The long-awaited 2.6 patch is finally available on Android for:
  • Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
  • Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition
  • Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

This concludes years of work by our team and months of beta-testing from our enthusiastic community. We can’t thank you all enough for your patience, passion, and participation in numerous beta tests and for your overall love for these games!

This patch added chromebook support and all improvements from the PC 2.6 patch, including tons of fixes, new voice sets, portraits and localizations. Check out the patch notes on our blog!

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Thank you folks for making the effort of bringing the 2.6 patch to Android at last!

On PC there are so many other great games to compete for our free time that I find myself turning to other games I haven't played yet more than replaying known games, but on tablet good RPGs (especially without ads and in-app-purchases around every corner) are still a rarity, so that the BG series stands out and makes it more likely for me to start another run in situations where PC is not on option.

So thanks again people, and happy holidays!
  • cha0z_cha0z_ Member Posts: 27
    Huge updates for Baldur's Gate I & II, Siege of Dragonspear & Icewind Dale enhanced editions arrived on Google Play this week.

The long-awaited 2.6 patch is finally available on Android for:
    • Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
    • Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
    • Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition
    • Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

This concludes years of work by our team and months of beta-testing from our enthusiastic community. We can’t thank you all enough for your patience, passion, and participation in numerous beta tests and for your overall love for these games!

This patch added chromebook support and all improvements from the PC 2.6 patch, including tons of fixes, new voice sets, portraits and localizations. Check out the patch notes on our blog!
    I know I repeat myself, but when we can expect thing to move on the ios side too? Hope it won't take 6-12 months to release it there as we also patiently are waiting for 2.6 for quite some time and no beta for us.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    The iOS version is being worked on. More news as we have it.
  • LeciasLecias Member Posts: 3
    Hello @JuliusBorisov

Is there any news regarding the 2.6 iOS release? I’ve been checking intermittently since the start of the year, and I don’t think I’ve seen any updates. Hopefully there’s something soon to come…?

Thanks!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Hi! I'm so sorry that there hasn't been any news about this. The state is still the same: we have people working on it, and there are programming obstacles, unfortunately.
  • LeciasLecias Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the update. Fingers crossed those obstacles can be overcome!
  • ValafeinValafein Member Posts: 19
    when version 2.6 for iOS will be completed will it also have full native support for Mac with M series processor with keyboard and mouse use?
    Valafein wrote: »
    when version 2.6 for iOS will be completed will it also have full native support for Mac with M series processor with keyboard and mouse use?

Sorry, this would be outside of our available resources. Our apps are designed to work on iOS, and checking if the iOS app works on a Mac would require more effort than we can allow ourselves.
  • ValafeinValafein Member Posts: 19
    Are there anty news about Baldur’s Gate Saga (1 sod 2) native on Mac with Apple silicon. Now they should work under Rosetta2, but Rosetta 2 like Rosetta is’t eternal.
  • Alessandro1970Alessandro1970 Member Posts: 10
    The actual release for iOS works (just not so well) on new Mac models. Save errors, wrong screen resolution, but the ARM code is quite good. So the EFFORT should be non so great...
    New macs ad new iOS devices are growing, and Rosetta2 is vanishing...
  • cha0z_cha0z_ Member Posts: 27
    The actual release for iOS works (just not so well) on new Mac models. Save errors, wrong screen resolution, but the ARM code is quite good. So the EFFORT should be non so great...
    New macs ad new iOS devices are growing, and Rosetta2 is vanishing...

I defo expect Rosetta to be in the past in few years.
  • szymczak1988szymczak1988 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Beamdog, where is almost year long update for iOS devices? I know you are probably busy with your original IP but come on, people's been begging you for such a long time now..