Skip to content

Beamdog Forum Migration

124»

Comments

• GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    @JuliusBorisov My answer to @StummvonBordwehr has disappeared...

And of course, I was referring to the post that has been deleted. Nothing to do with @StummvonBordwehr ;)
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,355
    Not to worry @Gwendolyne, and thanks for clarifying
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,355
    No worries. Is the mobile view better now, @StummvonBordwehr?

Just as I had hope for. Thanks @JuliusBorisov
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Thanks for adding the "Flag" feature BTW. Mind you I hope I'm not overusing it for the spam that I keep finding.

[Paranoid thought] Why me? Have I offended the spammers in some way... He, he, he! Hope so.

TR

Any flagging of spam posts is very much appreciated, makes it much easier to spot them. We can't always react immediately, with different time zones and everything.
    So, thanks to everyone who flags them!
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Thanks for adding the "Flag" feature BTW. Mind you I hope I'm not overusing it for the spam that I keep finding.

[Paranoid thought] Why me? Have I offended the spammers in some way... He, he, he! Hope so.

TR

I only realized now that you are referring to the new flag function in the lower right corner of a post, in the position where it used to be before the migration.
    That one makes it possible to flag activity posts too, but unfortunately it works differently from the usual flag function.

The flag button next to the date/hour at the top of a post opens a new thread in the moderation section, so that we can spot it and act accordingly (ban/delete if it's a spambot, discuss if it's a complaint about something or someone), just as the flag function in the old forum.

The new one that appeared recently, in the bottom right corner, however, adds a spam sign (only visible to moderators) to the post and shows up publicly as a number on a counter on the user's profile.
    You also can't add text there, so it's only for marking obvious spam.

This makes it basically impossible for us to spot, unlike a new flag thread showing up in the moderation area.

So I'd kindly ask everyone to continue using the flag function next to the post date/hour to report, and only in case of spam activity page posts use the other function, until we have figured out what exactly the other flag function does and how to handle it.

Thank you!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The forum will be down for maintenance today (April 4) at 9am PDT (~expect it to be down for several hours).
  • SkittlezSkittlez Member Posts: 2
    Ammar wrote: »
    This is sad, I really like the forums as they are right now and will miss the badges. But little to say if the move is at least partially driven by financial reasons.

😁
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The forum was offline for nearly the whole weekend. We're investigating the reasons and hope it won't happen again.
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 427
    Ouch! Here I thought it was a planned update or something. :o