Skip to content

NWN:EE on Google Play & App Store feedback thread 4

2»

Comments

• ShockwaveS08ShockwaveS08 Member Posts: 1
    Is it possible to add gamepad support in a future update to NWN:EE on Android/iOS? Since there were control schemes designed for the Xbox One and Switch platforms, it strikes me as odd that mobile players cannot enjoy NWN without their thumbs cluttering the screen.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    It's definitely been on the list of what explore for a good while now - not just controller support, but maybe opening the game up more for screen readers. It's an involved and complicated topic though, so we haven't had a chance yet to slot it all into any development. The NWN UI system is almost uniquely unsuited to gamepads as it is. The console UI is almost a complete rewrite, so it's unfortunately not as easy as just copy/pasting it over (to PC/moblie). Have you considered using controller emulators in the interim? And / or maybe a trackball?
  • abaraxasabaraxas Member Posts: 1
    Can we expect more curated content like eye of the beholder and reptile god on the official server?
  • GlognarGlognar Member Posts: 6
    What's the status/ETA on mobile support for .35?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Glognar wrote: »
    What's the status/ETA on mobile support for .35?

Currently, TBD. Once we have more info, we'll share it.
  • Shodan417lShodan417l Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2023
    There is a problem Ive encounered. In the recomended for download community modules there is one called Aielund Saga. Well, you can't finish second act because of gamebreaking bug - from what I understood from browsing internet, its a problem with mountain tile in the area after deep Stoneguard mountain. Game just crashes. How do I fix this? Will there be a patch or something? Is it just a mistake that this module was added to downloadable list, since you can't play it on Android? Should I just delete it and get over it?
    Well, thats just great - Siege of Shadowdale has the same issue... Fantastic...
    Post edited by Shodan417l on
  • ryalisticryalistic Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to know if there has been movement on .35 working with the mobile versions? I play android and many of the PWs I play now use .35 elements, which causes crashes and periods of unplayability. I know it was TBD in May, but is there an update at all yet?
    Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition just got a small patch on Google Play!
    • Updated Android API to the latest required version
    • Implemented first steps to solve user permission challenges on Android 13 OS and higher
  • GlognarGlognar Member Posts: 6
    Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition just got a small patch on Google Play!
    • Updated Android API to the latest required version
    • Implemented first steps to solve user permission challenges on Android 13 OS and higher

Sadly still not compatible with the increased allowed file size of nwsync files of .35.
    Yeah, this was an emergency update because of Android requirements.
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 330
    edited October 2023
    Hopefully iOS will follow. I haven’t played because I’d like to use the update. And please give us resolution change.
    Post edited by Allanon81 on
  • ArdmorArdmor Member Posts: 11

Tell me, is it possible on Android to somehow check whether the scripts work or, if they don’t work, to find out the cause of the malfunction?