Skip to content

[mod] Of Heirlooms and Classes - items/artifacts for BG2EE

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
Hi! I've decided to make a small mod that includes a bunch of new items you may get in BG2EE (SoA). So... here comes my new mini-mod "Of Heirlooms and Classes"!

The mod adds 11 artifacts (heirlooms) you may restore with Cromwell's help. Each item is an exclusive heirloom, bound with a particular class, and can only be used by that class. All items are available in Shadows of Amn.

Special thanks to @CamDawg and @Go_ForTheEyes for helping me with all the bugs and typos!

Grab the mod and... happy treasure hunting! Cheers!

FORUM
DOWNLOAD

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    Awesome! :D

I assume that there would be no problem using this with other mods that expand the items that Cromwell can create?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    edited April 2022
    It's fine :) The mod expands the existing dialogue so you can just install it on top of other mods that also add such options :)
    Great! Looking forward to using this next time I play BG2EE. B)
    Enjoy :)
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,357
    Thank you for another fine mod - will be looking forward to it
    You're welcome!
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    edited April 2022
    Another great mod, amazing job Lava!

Is there a chance that some more artifacts will be added to ToB too? Ones for Cespenar to handle?
    Like new ones? No, I don't think so. I wanted to give each class a unique boon before Spellhold, after the return both Cromwell and Cespenar have many many many other things to forge. Plus, I wouldn't want to treat any class unfairly and skip it, so Cespenar would require another full round and because of how ToB is built, it would require (fewer areas, side quests, etc), they would need to be stacked next to each other, because there is simply no place to put them :)

But I hope you'll still enjoy what's already in there :)
    edited June 2022
    Unfortunately, I installed this mod after I had started my current BG2 run (normally I would install "item" mods early, but I accidentally forgot about this mod until after several hours of play).

For the most part (with two exceptions) the items seem to work fine nonetheless. So far I've assembled the cleric's helmet, the paladin's helmet, the fighter's bow, and the thief's belt. (I won't be able to assemble the ranger or bard items because I installed the mod too late for those components.)

However, I did encounter a problem with the thief's artifact. While the bonuses to the thief abilities appear as indicated on the character sheet (+30 to set traps, +10 to some others) the THAC0 bonus does not appear (and, I assume, is not conferred by the item).

Also, I *think* that my character suffered from the Shadow Dragon's "wing buffet" despite wearing the Gods' Ram helmet. (But I'm not sure as I forgot to check the combat log before quitting.) The other abilities of the helmet seem to work correctly (as far as I can tell).
    [ETA: I'm using SCS so perhaps the abilities of the Shadow Dragon are modified.]

In any case, thanks again for this mod! :)
    Post edited by Thrasymachus on
    Thank you! :) I will check those :)
    I *think* that my character suffered from the Shadow Dragon's "wing buffet"
    It may work a bit better in a new version... hopefully. Added additional resistance just to make sure.
    However, I did encounter a problem with the thief's artifact. While the bonuses to the thief abilities appear as indicated on the character sheet (+30 to set traps, +10 to some others) the THAC0 bonus does not appear (and, I assume, is not conferred by the item).
    I had this reported again and I checked that I left the old item description (+3 THAC0) while the belt was supposed to give +1 to backstab multiplier. I updated the item description.
    Thanks for the update! That makes sense about the thief's belt ability (that is, a bonus to the backstab multiplier is more colourful and class-appropriate, I think, than a bonus to THAC0).

(By the way, using the earlier version, the character wearing the God's Ram helmet was unaffected by the wing buffet from the dragon in Suldanessellar.)

You're welcome! :)

As for the dragon: good to know! However, there are two things here: one is the "wing buffet" effect, and the other one "wing buffet" spell. Now I added resistance not just to the effect which pushes you back, but also to the spell itself. That means other effects applied with the spell also won't work on the cleric, but... well... perhaps that's appropriate.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    It's fine :) The mod expands the existing dialogue so you can just install it on top of other mods that also add such options :)

Does this recommandation specifically include Weimer's Item Upgrade ?
    I am asking the question because i have to move Item Upgrade above Hidden Adventures to keep some crossmod content, meaning that Weimer's Item Upgrade is intalled earlier with other quest mods.

Should i also move Of Heirlooms and Classes earlier, before Weimer's Item Upgrade ?
    Doesn't Item Upgrade just expand talks? I think it works that way so I think you can just install both of them and I don't think that install order matters here. There is no crossmod here, in my mods, and I coded it the safest way I could.
    Doesn't Item Upgrade just expand talks? I think it works that way so I think you can just install both of them and I don't think that install order matters here. There is no crossmod here, in my mods, and I coded it the safest way I could.

Thanks for the answer.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Based on my checking the code for this mod in Wordpad, it seems EET compatible. I recommend someone else much more experienced check for me.

However, the PI metadata (OfHeirloomsAndClasses.ini) has the wrong download link. By default it links to Bridge's Block but should link to its page.
    Does this mod is compatible with EET ? (As it is not yet in the EET compatibility list).
    It may be, but I haven't tested it. The thing is I'm not sure there is anything in this mod that would require special EET compatibility.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Yes, it works on EET out of the box (although that's also because t doesn't do any platform validation to ensure one's trying to install it on top of a BG2).
    Thanks to @Go_ForTheEyes the mod now includes a Polish translation!