Skip to content

Bug Report: Partners are constantly turning to the east!

VictorixxxVictorixxx Member Posts: 20
Partners are constantly turning to the east! If you add a partner in the original company or any other custom module, then every 6 seconds he will try to turn east! The bug has appeared since game version 1.85.8193.32. And it is still present in the latest version 34.1. Developers please pay attention!
Post edited by Victorixxx on

Comments

• VictorixxxVictorixxx Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2022
    I tried to replace absolutely all the main scripts of the game from version 1.81.8193.27 in the new version of the game, but the bug remained, so we can conclude that the bug is in the game engine itself.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    Are you sure you have nothing in override / development / patch hak?

Sounds like a classic custom content bug to me - doesn't happen normally.
    edited May 2022
    Proleric wrote: »
    Are you sure you have nothing in override / development / patch hak?

I disabled all the patch and checked the ovr folder, the bug has been saved since version 1.85.8193.32 of the game, it is missing in version 1.81.8193.27.

I had an archive of the GOG version starting from 1.81.8193.23 to 1.86.8193.34.1, I was able to check this by installing the game I needed.

This bug is also present in the Official Company, see for yourself, if you call a mercenary in passive mode, he will sometimes turn east.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited May 2022
    The fact that you have put stuff in the ovr folder screams that you have put stuff in the wrong folders - Folders that are reserved for BeamDogs use only. ALL user made stuff goes in the (in windows at least) the appropriate folders under the Documents/Neverwinter Nights folder. Not doing so means that user made stuff is liable to disappear with the next patch and can lead to apparent bugs.

TR
    Not doing so means that user made stuff is liable to disappear with the next patch and can lead to apparent bugs.

We are talking about a bug in the Original Game, there is no talk of any custom files and patches. I disabled them and completely removed them from my game to make sure that the bug remained. Every time I started a new game Part 1 and took Tommy to prove it.

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Thing is, having just replayed the OC in the last day or so (So I have a character for Luke Scull's upcoming new module), I can safely say that I never saw that particular bug. I have seen a similar one though where NPCs standing on waypoints will try to turn and face East. That is a known bug. I am trying to help you here. As your NPC is facing North there is a possibility that something has gone wrong at your end. That is why I am telling you that putting anything in BDs folders is a no-no. Only things that are officially released by some sort of installer or other should go there. Anything created by anybody else must go in your .\Documents\Neverwinter Nights folder. This folder should contain the following sub-folders wherein you place the stuff that you download -

ambient
    cache
    data
    database
    development
    dmvault
    erf
    hak
    localvault
    logs
    modules
    movies
    music
    nwm
    nwsync
    override
    patch
    portraits
    premium
    saves
    screenshots
    scripttemplates
    servervault
    tempclient
    texturepacks
    tlk

Note the folder override not ovr which is in BDs folder. If you have cleared all unofficial stuff from your game, all well and good but remember when you get downloaded stuff it doesn't go in BDs folder.

TR
    I have seen a similar one though where NPCs standing on waypoints will try to turn and face East.

Dear friend, we are talking about the same problem, I have now checked the direction of the turn more precisely by referring to the map. The characters are turning east! I think this is the same error that leads to similar actions of partners and other NPCs, when some stand, like NPC guards, while others stop after following, like partners. I have corrected the text in the discussion and my comments to be accurate. Thank you.
  • MelkiorMelkior Member Posts: 179
    This is definitely a bug. It's happening in the OC and in every module. Any NPC assigned to stand at a post automatically turns to face East. I managed to almost-override the bug by adding the variable to the NPC which makes them face the direction of their post waypoint, but the NPC still does a "half-shuffle-turn" every six seconds as the bug tries to make them turn east followed by the walkwaypoints script making them face the direction of their post waypoint.
    Correction: The variable needs to be added to the waypoint, not to the NPC.
    Not that it changes anything since the bug is still there either way.
    Melkior wrote: »
    Correction: The variable needs to be added to the waypoint, not to the NPC.
    Not that it changes anything since the bug is still there either way.

Hello! Could you tell me what you did and what script you applied or added to partially solve the problem? Write in detail, please!
    On the POST waypoint, set integer variable X2_L_WAYPOINT_SETFACING to 1. The rest is handled automatically by the walkwaypoints script.
    edited November 2022
    Melkior wrote: »
    On the POST waypoint, set integer variable X2_L_WAYPOINT_SETFACING to 1. The rest is handled automatically by the walkwaypoints script.
    Thank you friend! It seems that the problem is partially solved :(