Skip to content

How much open lock and find traps needed for a thief ?

I never known, is it needed to reach 100 in each or are there any lower amount is enough ? I want to dual class from thief and i just want to the maximum needed points to allocate, but if 100-100 needed it needs lvl 5 or 6 to dual.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the highest difficulties i could find were;

open lock 70,
    find/disarm trap 60

this is for IWD though, not sure about HoW or TotLM, but worse case scenario any potions of perception you find or master thievery, just keep them on your thief incase you cant bypass the said lock/trap

also remember that the level 2 mage spell knock will unlock any lock without fail ( as long as its allowed to be picked )
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Thank you @sarevok57 :)
    It is so good to know i only need to dual at about lvl 4 to fighter or mage.
    well if you start off as a swashbuckler you would want to do so at level 5, just for that little bit extra to hit/to damage/ AC ;)
  • Silver_ArrowSilver_Arrow Member Posts: 23
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    well if you start off as a swashbuckler you would want to do so at level 5, just for that little bit extra to hit/to damage/ AC ;)

And I think there isn't any sense in starting off as anything else but the swashbuckler with the given constraints. :D
    I dont use much EE content in iwdee for now like kits, weapon styles etc :)
    Only pure classes, existing multiclasses.
    Danacm wrote: »
    I dont use much EE content in iwdee for now like kits, weapon styles etc :)
    Only pure classes, existing multiclasses.

nothing wrong with that, even i every once in awhile just do vanilla classes in IWD, although i do like to take advantage of the two handed weapon style for any characters using 2 handed weapons :)
    I had a four paladin playtrough last time, vanilla paladins of course. It was hard at some traps and locks thats why i want to bring a minimum thief. Btw a rabbit or ferrer familiar has find traps, with tymora melodies is it enough for some traps to disarm ? Can a familiar steal and use potions from player character like in bgee steal wands ?
    Danacm wrote: »
    I had a four paladin playtrough last time, vanilla paladins of course. It was hard at some traps and locks thats why i want to bring a minimum thief. Btw a rabbit or ferrer familiar has find traps, with tymora melodies is it enough for some traps to disarm ? Can a familiar steal and use potions from player character like in bgee steal wands ?

no clue on that one, any time i have ever to remember summon a familiar it goes straight into the backpack to stay there for the rest of it's days
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    The ferret can pickpocket reasonably well, but I wouldn't recommend trying it in a no-reload. The rabbit can disarm all traps but a few in Dragon's Eye. You may need a luck spell (Lucky Scimitar can be used for that if you don't have the spell) and/or Tymora's Melody for some though.