Skip to content

Mythic misadventure accomplishments

SertanDoomSertanDoom Member Posts: 63
I believe I've learned everyone's reaction to being on fire. "I feel like a sunbathing vampire" is my favorite.
If this game had a mechanic where you developed resistance to something by how often you were exposed to it- I'd have been fireproof pretty quickly- vanguard charge through a group of enemies into the fire plant things and into the traps just as they let loose for the first time. I've tried to pull enemies into range of fire and caught on fire myself before they did.
I'm still working on poison.
"Hey is this dangerous?" followed by "yes" seems to be my method for investigating new things.

Also just a thought- the 80's Saturday morning cartoons had some educational value ("..And knowing is half the battle!") and had a lot of products. When are the "action figures" going to be released?

"Now we know- fire hurts! Thanks Mythforce!"
"and knowing is half the battle! Ow...ow..."

Comments

• SertanDoomSertanDoom Member Posts: 63
    Just got a trait that let me have a passive regen up to 30% max health. In a fight I'd get hit to a "bit" lower then it was time to queue Benny hill end theme (yackety sax) until back up to 30%...repeat as needed.
    The percentage chance of a healing potion dropping seems to be high when you don't need it and pretty low when you desperately need it is probably murphy's law of Rogue like games- but that's how RNG in rogue like games have always worked for me (I've angered the RNG playing Nethack).
    Was a hot night - Ice binary amulet plus my usual flammable play style = extra crispy when I prefer original recipe.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    That's cool! Keep sharing your experience.
    Jumped into group play and got shown a hot time- got set on fire. Poison seems to be a death sentence.
    In solo play I discovered how to use the dagger and the shield. Knocked the gear stealer into a pit- too bad it had my best ranged weapon, but it was worth it.
    Spellbook of fire is not a surgically accurate weapon for hitting a vase next to a fireplant- I'd like a potion of BBQ sauce.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    HAHAHA!
    Got brave and ventured into multi player again... to the familiar sounds of someone on fire- this time it wasn't me! Hope it wasn't something I did that set them on fire... :*
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Adding to the music Charlene (The Last Dragon)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7nAWG3-6gY
    New no fire related oops- butterfingers!

Lucked out with Rico early on and got a Legendary sword - bleed on hit, vampiric, + 30% damage(may have had a bonus on power attacks). Got a perk "random tier 2" and got glass cannon. Started one hitting everything. got to the second floor, second horde room and accidentally dropped it.... QQ
    Drop key has been rebound to a key I'm probably not going to reach or remember.

One cool thing I've noticed is that mobs that have a better than average weapon seem to be wielding it.
    Are you sure you dropped it and it wasn't stolen by a redcap?
    Pretty sure as redcaps (now I know their name) are a high priority target and I saw the weapon on the ground. Also wasn't the first time I'd dropped stuff- this one stood out the most. On thinking about this, On realizing I'd lost the weapon I could have dusted the crowd, picked up the weapon, and continued slicing and dicing. I had been wondering if there was a mob in the game that had a "disarm" move. It's most likely my fat flailing fingers so things should be good now.

Any chance that the greedy little redcaps could drop more stuff and add to the joy of killing them also the confusion if the drop is the same type of weapon?
    Acid pools- just what you need to exfoliate that rough calloused skin right to the bone.
    When a mob drops loot in the pool, it's a great time to ask someone else to get it.
    SertanDoom wrote: »
    Any chance that the greedy little redcaps could drop more stuff and add to the joy of killing them also the confusion if the drop is the same type of weapon?

Redcaps that are not champions have no loot of their own. However, redcap champions will drop gold as normal champions do.
    Played a lot of Angband/moria, nethack, omega back in the day- love the champions. Will any of them have names of their own? One of the fun things in the old roguelike games was that death wasn't the end of your adventurer - you might see them again as undead.

Where do the redcaps take their loot and will we get to "visit"?

Saw flaming mobs- decided not to shake hands with them.
    Got an amulet that negates fire! tried to get mobs to follow me through the fire traps but many seemed to be a little smarter than that. New plan - set off one of the fire pods when they're close. Mob got cooked I didn't- but I did get knocked through the air and into a pit. MythForce pinball, wheeeee.
    Sporefolk- Slice, grill and serve (do we have any butter?)
    Jumping down from a higher level, you'd think I've learned my lesson- "Look before you leap" Fwooosh!

Loving the prefixes on weapons, gear, and mobs. Found a "Magnetic" shield today. All praise the almighty RNG that gives all or takes all or just mocks you.
    edited May 2022
    While thinking about Mythforce themed hot foods (Roast Rico, Hot Hawkins wings...yes I caught fire again) Made it to the fight with Beastor and it seems like he's a fan of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJYN-eG1zk
    - kicked my can all over the place. Had blood on my face. He said he will rock me.

-edit It's Beastor nor Beastlord- no wonder he was mad at me. I'd be mad also if people can't get my name right.

Post edited by SertanDoom on
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    Love the read through. Now I know to wear my asbestos armor when I play.
    shabadoo wrote: »
    Love the read through. Now I know to wear my asbestos armor when I play.

Remember to baste often as it will help prevent you from being dry and stringy when roasted.
    Lol. You just made my morning. Thank you
    Dancing in fire after I found something that gave me immunity to fire- Not remembering that I found it in a previous session.
    Disco Inferno
    Got brave and joined multiplayer again- Needed to be revived but was under a trap...
    While playing Victoria, I wasn't able to block after throwing her shield- until after it came back :blush: Bet this never happened to Captain America.
    Speaking of Steve Rogers...I'd been away from game for a bit and forgot some of the buttons- promptly dropped starting weapons for Victoria, picked them up again but didn't like the position on hotbar so I dropped them again, forgetting about the mace until after I entered the first door. A great deal of shield bashing skeletons into the handy pit occurred while saving her summoned equipment for the last few. Turned into a good run- has good equipment drop rate been increased a bit? Also it was nice to see more things in what appears to be a treasure room.
    No, but any chance you had a Bounty Hunter perk that run? It substantially improves the loot drops. ;)
    No, but any chance you had a Bounty Hunter perk that run? It substantially improves the loot drops. ;)

No bounty hunter. Picked up a bow that Hawkins would have loved(and would never get -thanks RNG) in the next room and by the end of the run I had legendary and epic gear with a lot more gold than I tend to see in solo play.