Skip to content

i have a question about the dlc for the ios version of the game

i've been playing baldurs gate and i'm currently on chapter 7 but i didn't buy the companion dlc when i started but i would like to now so i wanna know if i buy it now will i be able to use them in my current game?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Checking the scripts ...
    Rasaad is there regardless (I think he's in without needing to get an explicit DLC).
    Neera only shows up if you have the DLC the first time you visit Beregost. So no, for her.
    Dorn will spawn in once you visit the Friendly Arm with the DLC - doesn't have to be the first time.
    Baeloth is there regardless.

At best, it'll only partially work. And it's never wise to change your setup mid-run. Just finish your current playthrough and come back for a new one once you get the DLC. You're quite near the end, after all.
  • PellaeonEnjoyerPellaeonEnjoyer Member Posts: 4
    would buying the dlc now corrupt my save? also will i miss out on any special dialog in bg2 since i didn't have them in the first?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Their romance paths in BG2 have a few references to if you brought them along in BG1. If you ignored them, or if you didn't have the DLC at all, it's the same.

Buying the DLC now probably wouldn't corrupt anything; just ignore those NPCs if you see them.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    You won't be able to use them in the game that you've already started. However, it shouldn't corrupt your saves.
  • PellaeonEnjoyerPellaeonEnjoyer Member Posts: 4
    alright i'll probably start a new save on my pc so i can do their quests then continue with bg2 on my phone