Skip to content

Join the Battle: Axis & Allies 1942 Online

Comments

• spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Ok I'll bite! I've played a bunch of strategy games but I don't tend to get too far in them because I'm well not very good lol but I've been interested in trying this for some time with it being faithful to the boardgame and just grabbed it on Android. Something to do during my commute :D
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • Patate1979Patate1979 Member Posts: 3
    Where Axis and allies on apple??? He’s disapear??
    Here is what happened. We pulled AAO from the App Store to fix the Black Screen issue on iPhones and the dice animation bug on iOS 15.4.

Here is how players should be able to download the game while it is in the state where it cannot be purchased:
    1. Open the App Store.
    2. Open your profile using the icon in the top right.
    3. Click the Purchased button.
    4. Click the download icon next to Axis & Allies 1942 Online.
    (Note if you click on the title or image for our App it will take you to a page with a connection error because the store page no longer exists. You need to specifically click the download button).
    However, yesterday we released a new patch - which has tentative fixes for these 2 issues - but due to how the App Store works, the patch didn’t register on the App Store because the game is pulled from it.

We will be returning the game to sale on the App Store for 2 hours today, which should register it with players as the latest version. Then we will pull it from sale again because we want to test the changes first with those of you who would like to provide some feedback (might auto-update for some, but others will be able to update to the latest version even after we pull it per the 4-point instruction above).

The game will fully return to the App Store only when we feel the quality of the iOS version is good.
  • BrigadierDogBrigadierDog Member Posts: 14
    thanks a lot for this info!
    I downloaded the app following your instructions. The same error message pops up, pushing the online button; “your copy is not the latest version”. When do you think everything will be functioning again? Is that 1 day, a week...? Thanks for replying.
    I guess the 4 point instruction will only work later on, after reposting in the appstore. I’ll wait and try later. Just wanna play, sorry ;-)
    Just some wellmeant feedback; I have downloaded the app again and can play online. Appreciate all your work/efforts to fix everything. But... now there are many bugs I didnt experience previously. Loads of em. The game is close to undoable to play. Read about blackscreen issue, didnt experience that. Now multiple times. Especially by moving transports. The cartography - visuals of land, sea and borders - is very unsharp/misty. Was sharp. The dice throwing and hits are visually glitched. Had no problems before. Results are indefinite. Can not check because of glitches. Was ok.

With the state the game is in now, it’s indeed advisable to take the game offline and add a timetable on the Beamdog site with info when things are up and running again.

Best of luck. You guys can do it!
    Those who continue to experience these issues, please list your devices and OS.
    Ipad pro, ios 15.4.1
    A friend of mine plays the app on Ipad 9th generation. On his screen, the cartography is much more clear/less misty
  • twobitcodertwobitcoder Member Posts: 8
    excuse me but where the hell are the settings for this GD forum so I can unsubscribe?
    excuse me but where the hell are the settings for this GD forum so I can unsubscribe?

See this star over there:
    ypqlofwq1yg6.png
  • Patate1979Patate1979 Member Posts: 3
    Worst update ever….on ipad. Cannot play…very disapointed
  • twobitcodertwobitcoder Member Posts: 8

ypqlofwq1yg6.png

the Star is not selected. never has been. i can't unsubscribe. gonna have to set this forum as spam.
    Why is Beamdog not updating communication to customers about the when/what regarding the rerelease of the AAO app? Timetable?? Please be open. Im serious about playing the game.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101

ypqlofwq1yg6.png

the Star is not selected. never has been. i can't unsubscribe. gonna have to set this forum as spam.

Have you checked the notification preferences on your profile page?
    Why is Beamdog not updating communication to customers about the when/what regarding the rerelease of the AAO app? Timetable?? Please be open. Im serious about playing the game.

We don't know how much time it will take.
    Ok! Thanks!!
    Hello Julius cs,

How is the app-fixing going? Is there any news/updates about the process?

Thanks!
  • brinstonebrinstone Member Posts: 1
    I was able to download the update during the 2hr window noted above. The only thing I noticed different was the wrap around world was turned off. The ability scroll past the east/west edges of the world worked great and made the game easier to play. I’m using a 5th gen iPad 32g 15.4.1. Please turn on the iOS App Store so a friend can download and play, we rather deal with any issues rather than not be able to play at all. The app is very solid on my device.
    Hello Julius/Beamdog,

Is the app fixing underway? So sad that the previous version functioned much better. Is this it, or is Beamdog putting effort to the cause?

Thanks in advance for sharing some info...
    Hello! We're currently beta-testing the next version of the app. However, the animation bug is already fixed under OS 15.5.
    Thanks Julius!

Did update ios to 15.5, and yes, true.. Animation bug is gone. So nice! One thing I hope will be fixed in the app update is the “mistyness” of the worldmap. Seaborders don’t show, very unclear map. Was better previous.

Thanks!
    Other wishes;
    - The loading of transports. You now have to load mechanical pieces first and then add inf. to load maximal. This sometimes leads to not being able loading mechanical pieces when these pieces are picked up one sea move later on.
    - When a capital is taken over, the resting lands of the conquered power, should be handed over to your co-player’s power when units of them move in.
    - The landing of fighters on friendly AC’s is in the board game possible. In the online version not. Im in doubt whether this should be made possible. It maybe gives the allies to much of an advantage.

Thanks fam.
    The wait is nearly over— a new patch is coming to Axis & Allies 1942 Online tomorrow!👢

🛳️New Defense Profiles
    📲Black Screen Prevention on iOS
    🔧More bug fixes

Deets👇
    Here!

⚠️OUTAGE NOTICE⚠️#AxisAllies1942 will be unavailable from July 6th 11:00am-1:00pm MST