Skip to content

Forced To Update on Android

I see a new patch has been released recently, I like to play BG/NWN on my phone while I'm at work and have a few minutes to spare, and currently I'm not able to play the game without updating to the latest version. I don't play online, I just want to play my singleplayer campaign.

Is there any way to play without updating? I think it would be pretty ridiculous to force an update on a game where multiplayer is purely optional. I bought the game, I should be able to play it when I want. Maybe just make it optional in the future, there is no reason not to.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    That's not how apps on mobile platforms work. A requirement to update the game is part of the mobile storefront's policy.

What's wrong with the update anyway?
  • meybroder1meybroder1 Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2022
    ios makes you pick a time of day for auto updates while your phone is connected to a charger but can be deferred indefinitely and also won't go through if your phone is unplugged or low battery %. Android forces the updates on you without letting you pick the time of the day after you have deferred a certain number of times and will do so regardless of whether your phone is plugged in and regardless Kodi nox of the battery %.
    Post edited by meybroder1 on