Skip to content

Thieves' Guild, Ravenscar and the four guard Rogues. Oh, and Ordulinian

It seems that weird things happen to the Thieves' Guild in Chapter 8 of current version of EE. Alatos "Ravenscar" Thuibuld completely disappears and so do the four Rogues guarding the four entrances to the Guild; all the while Narlen Darkwalk and Rededge start spazzing out(disappearing then reappearing in quick succession)

Normally this wouldn't be much of a problem - I can just wipe them all out in Chapter 6 - but as far as I know this will cause Voleta Stiletto(the wounded Rogue at the entrance of Thieves' Maze) to go hostile as well(can she be Charmed to talk to?); and I also don't know how this will affect Husam who has a bit of content himself in Chapter 8.

As for Ordulinian, I first talked to him in Chapter 6 with Reputation <15. Now even though my Reputation is 15 and even though I have both Nephre's Onyx Ring and Arkion's Bloodstone Amulet he only gives me the "Peace, my friends" line. I know in the vanilla version of the game you had to have 15+ Rep when talking to him the FIRST time but this was supposedly changed in EE according to the wiki.

Any Beyond Infiniy wizards can shed some light on the matter?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Chapter 8? There is no chapter 8 in non-SoD BGEE. Do you mean chapter 7?

Story-wise, the thieves go to ground in chapter 7; all the regular thief NPCs get removed. That "spazzing out" behavior is clearly a glitch of some kind.

And as for Ordulinian, you still need the high reputation on first dialogue to get the quest. The wiki is wrong.
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183
    edited June 2022
    jmerry wrote: »
    And as for Ordulinian, you still need the high reputation on first dialogue to get the quest. The wiki is wrong.

Damn, I feared it was going to be like that. I managed to fix it by spawning another Ordulinian.

I also tested Voleta by just teleporting to the Maze and she does NOT become hostile even after you aggro the Thieves' Guild. So that's good.

Which leaves Husam as the only variable. Guess I'll have to replay Chapter 6...
    Post edited by WatchForWolves on
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Yeah I had exactly the same bug with Ordulinian in my last run through. What I saw is:

* I approached him with Rep less than 15 and he didn’t give me the quest (this is correct)
    * I approached him later with the correct Rep and he STILL didn’t give me the quest (this is a bug, he should give me the quest once my Rep is high enough)

The only way to get the quest was to spawn in another version of him that I hadn’t talked to previously….clearly this bug needs fixing.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Also as mentioned by @jmerry the city changes in Chapter 7 significantly, so it is wise to complete all the quests you can and do all the relevant looting and combats you can in Chapter 5 because you might not get the chance in the later Chapters
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,025
    This happened to me once. I reloaded to an earlier save and then it was ok. Some glitch, not sure what, but it may have been connected to Husam.
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183
    Well, after replaying Chapter 6 and most of 7 it seems that killing Thieves' Guild early has but one consequence: Denkod, the guy who normally hails you as you get teleported in does not appear. Everything else seems to work fine.