Skip to content

Expanded Classes and Kits (massive kit compilation mod)

Comments

• Dan_PDan_P Member Posts: 124
    edited February 2022
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    Hello, thanks for these fixes. Are we supposed to extract them into the mod folder before installing the mod?

No, it's a separate mod. Basically install it like any other weidu mod, but after any kits it has fixes for. The way it works is, it detects the installed kits in the override and applies any available fixes.

EDIT: realized this went into a separate page. I'll attach the fix here as well, so it's more obvious what I'm talking about. Details are in the readme, or in this post.

EDIT2: updated installer in the original post
    Post edited by Dan_P on
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 210
    Dan_P wrote: »
    Hello, thanks for these fixes. Are we supposed to extract them into the mod folder before installing the mod?

No, it's a separate mod. Basically install it like any other weidu mod, but after any kits it has fixes for. The way it works is, it detects the installed kits in the override and applies any available fixes.

EDIT: realized this went into a separate page. I'll attach the fix here as well, so it's more obvious what I'm talking about. Details are in the readme, or in this post.

Can't install this mod:

https://easyupload.io/7jtkqa

edited January 2023
    Can't install this mod:

https://easyupload.io/7jtkqa

Hey, thanks for bringing this up. I'll take a look at this. I kind of see where the issue's coming from.

EDIT: this file should install fine. Let me know if it doesn't. I didn't see this in my testing because I tested with only the kits with fixes installed. This time, I installed the full Expanded Classes mod, and one of the other kits added a problematic line to the 2das, which my settings in the installer didn't account for.
    Post edited by Dan_P on
  • sIllverbacksIllverback Member Posts: 1
    I originally was going to report a bug, but I fixed it. I will post here for any who come across it in the future.

In the image below, the proficiencies are all out of whack, because I have BG Style Weapon Proficiencies from the Tweaks Anthology installed.

I installed this mod afterwards. Don't do that. If you do, just uninstall the Prof mod from the Tweaks anthology, reinstall it, and it should fix the issue.

Cheers.

ypyy5lwj2dkx.jpg
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Updated the mod! It has two new components: one which should remove race restrictions from classes, and the War Mage kit, a wizard that can wear armor and use weapons.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited April 2023
    OP: Wow! You're back!

May we get this mod uploaded to GitHub for posterity?

Thankee!
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 58
    Updated the mod! It has two new components: one which should remove race restrictions from classes, and the War Mage kit, a wizard that can wear armor and use weapons.

Good to have you back. Does 1.3 include any of the bugfixes @Dan_P addressed?

Additionally: I have found that the Druid/Mage and Druid/Thief kits conflict with the SCS component that treats HLA spells as innate abilities. Installing either of those kits prevents the SCS component from installing.
    Fishmalk_1 wrote: »

Additionally: I have found that the Druid/Mage and Druid/Thief kits conflict with the SCS component that treats HLA spells as innate abilities. Installing either of those kits prevents the SCS component from installing.
    It does not! It's been so long since I was active here that I forgot those bugs even existed. I'm not sure why those kits would interfere with that component of SCS. Could you send me the error message? It's possible I never noticed that issue because I think I've only installed this mod after SCS.

@Dan_P: Would it be all right with you (and would it work successfully) if I copied the files from your fixpack and put them into the mod? I figure it would be safest to build on your excellent work. :smile:
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 58

It does not! It's been so long since I was active here that I forgot those bugs even existed. I'm not sure why those kits would interfere with that component of SCS. Could you send me the error message? It's possible I never noticed that issue because I think I've only installed this mod after SCS.

Can't upload the SCS debug file, so I put it on dropbox https://dropbox.com/s/ss1dlgjpjw352cr/Setup-stratagems.debug?dl=0. Thanks for looking into it.

Can't upload the SCS debug file, so I put it on dropbox https://dropbox.com/s/ss1dlgjpjw352cr/Setup-stratagems.debug?dl=0. Thanks for looking into it.
    Huh. Looking at the debug file, it looks like the installer just can't find a couple files to copy, USCDXH1.spl and LUUS2.2da. I've checked the kit mod and the files are present in the right folder and the COPY command looks normal.

You said it stopped an SCS component from installing? Maybe SCS is trying to patch the Expanded Classes' HLA files and somehow can't find them. I'm not familiar with how that SCS component works, so I'm not sure what part of it is stumbling on this mod. Does the problem persist if SCS is installed before Expanded Classes?
    edited May 2023
    @Dan_P: Would it be all right with you (and would it work successfully) if I copied the files from your fixpack and put them into the mod? I figure it would be safest to build on your excellent work. :smile:
    @semiticgoddess

Yeah, that's fine. Feel free to take any part of it or remove anything you don't want. It's been a while since I looked at it. Looking at the install file (crosskits.tph) right now, it uses these function files from the lib folder:

2da_find_row_update.tpa
    d2_kit_ability_adder.tpa
    get_kit_strref.tpa

It also uses this variable, %expandedclasses%, which points to the "expandedclasses" folder in the mod folder. You can obviously rename the folder to whatever or organize the files differently.

Before running crosskits.tph, the installer also makes a check for crippstr.2da and sneakatt.2da, and adds them to the override if missing. The v2.6 of the EEs should already include these files, but older versions of some of the games may not.

I think that covers the important stuff.

EDIT: I forgot, it uses lines from the tra file as well. I can't remember exactly what's edited. Well it's anything with an @ ref in crosskits.tph. You could probably cut those out and edit any lines yourself if you see issues.

EDIT2: Realized one of the function files was an older version. If you do decide to take the d2_kit_ability_adder.tpa file, you should use this version of the file instead. Fixes a bug with variables (doesn't affect d2-modfixes, but may cause issues in other mods).
    Post edited by Dan_P on
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Wow, these kits look very interesting! Makes me want to get into BG again!
    @Dan_P: After spending several hours trying to integrate your bugfixes into each component of ExpandedClasses, ultimately all I could do without breaking the mod was to put your bugfixes into a separate component.

Now I have a completely different problem: the size of the mod is too big to actually upload it onto this forum. At 64mb, I can't attach it anymore.

The BAM and WAV files to fix the Shapechanger take up 24mb, and I don't see how else to tighten up the mod other than by finally removing the Shapechanger kit entirely, unless I try to break ExpandedClasses into two unique mods, which itself would take a very long time to reorganize.

The mod suffers from horrible spaghetti code, as it's made of many different individual mods and it's all crammed into a single TP2 file. I've never been an organized coder.

Give me a bit to fix up the mod, folks. I think the Shapechanger kit has to go, and I might have to tack on an "expansion" or something in the form of a new mod in order to add any new kits to it.
  • solariessolaries Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2023
    cant you compress the file in two or more parts
    solaries wrote: »
    cant you compress the file in two or more parts
    It's possible, but I think some users would end up unzipping the files into the wrong folder, since you'd have to manually copy and paste the contents of one folder into the other, and immediately get an error message because the folders weren't lined up.
    All right! I think I've got it working. I still don't know what that SCS-related issue was, but I've uploaded a new version of the mod with the Shapechanger kit and @Dan_P's other fixes included. The mod is now only 6kb!
    OP: Since I didn't see a reply on this, may we get your mods uploaded to GitHub for posterity?

Thankee!
    @Endarire: I don't use Github much these days, but if y'all want to upload the mod to a Github repository, by all means, do so.

By the way, I've added one more thief to the mod: the Sniper, which can't set traps or backstab with melee weapons, but can pseudo-backstab with ranged weapons.
    Just uploaded a new update that should fix a bug with the Sniper kit that would make its pseudo-backstab bonus fail to trigger.
    I uploaded this mod to GitHub. OP, lemme know if you need write access to this repo.

Thankee!
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    edited May 2023
    Cool! B)
    I'm curious about the war mage.
    I was wondering if descriptions of the following HLAs might be available somewhere: Scion of Storms, Aegis of Rime, Spirit of Flame, and Voice of Entropy.
    Many thanks!
    Post edited by Thrasymachus on
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Cool! B)
    I'm curious about the war mage.
    I was wondering if descriptions of the following HLAs might be available somewhere: Scion of Storms, Aegis of Rime, Spirit of Flame, and Voice of Entropy.
    Many thanks!

From English/ExpandedClasses.tra:
    Spirit of Flame: Through careful study, the Plasma Wizard gains a deeper understanding of the forces that pervade the universe. Upon choosing this ability, the Plasma Wizard gains 25% fire resistance and all fire damage dealt by the user is increased by 25%.

Aegis of Rime: Through careful study, the Plasma Wizard gains a deeper understanding of the forces that pervade the universe. Upon choosing this ability, the Plasma Wizard gains 25% cold resistance, and all cold damage dealt by the user is increased by 25%.

Scion of Storms: Through careful study, the Plasma Wizard gains a deeper understanding of the forces that pervade the universe. Upon choosing this ability, the Plasma Wizard gains 25% electricity resistance, and all electrical damage dealt by the user is increased by 25%.

Voice of Entropy: Through careful study, the Plasma Wizard gains a deeper understanding of the forces that pervade the universe. Upon choosing this ability, the Plasma Wizard gains 25% magic damage resistance, and all magic damage dealt by the user is increased by 25%.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    Thanks very much! :)
    The copy-paste of Plasma Wizard for other kits seems like a typo.
    I just updated the mod! I included some badly needed buffs for the underpowered Shapeshifter, Vampyre, and Plasma Wizard kits, fixed a couple of bugs, and made the Sniper kit available for rangers as well as thieves.
  • BelovedProlapseBelovedProlapse Member Posts: 1
    @semiticgoddess Sorry to bother you here as I'm new to this modding thing, but I'm attempting to use this in IWD:EE and can't seem to get the automatic WeiDU installer to run correctly. I'm on a Windows 10 Home Computer. When I attempt to run the application, It keeps stating that it can't find Setup-Expandedclasses.TP2, and reminds me to unpack the archive correctly (I used Winrar to unpack it) and that I'm not trying to run the application from inside an Archive (I'm running it in a copied version of the game that I moved out of Program Files to C Drive itself). Is there another mod I must install first or am I just doing something wrong? Thank you for your time.
  • ScripScrip Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2023
    Привет. У меня такая же проблема, как у парня выше. Но уже при установке на BG:EE. Не может найти Setup-Expandedclasses.TP2. Если ставить прошлую версию - этой проблемы нет.
  • blackheart206blackheart206 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2023
    I was having the same problem as the above two but i found a solution, Rename the Expanded Classes folder and remove the space between 'Expanded' and 'Classes'. Then run the installer.
    @semiticgoddess
    To clarify, how thoroughly tested are these kits? I was concerned about using all these when the Seducer kit was the main kit I wanted and seemingly bug free.

Thankee!
    @blackheart206: Thank you for the idea! I'll try to fix that issue in a future update.

@Endarire: It varies. Some kits, like the Shapeshifter fighter kit, have only undergone rudimentary testing. The Seducer, however, much like the Alchemist and War Hulk, are kits that I've personally tested for entire playthroughs.