Skip to content

NWN EE Switch version - Any update to come?

LordAvernus77LordAvernus77 Member Posts: 3
edited January 2022 in General Discussions NWN:EE
Hi! I have been a dedicated Neverwinter Nights player since the game first released back in 2002 and recently purchased the Switch version of this wonderful game. I did notice however that the last time there seem to have been an update of the Switch version was quite a while ago and was wondering if Beamdog had any plans to polish this version a bit more in the near future?

I noticed a couple of problems (namely clipping, offline lagging in some areas and CtD issues) which I do not recall getting on my old original patched up PC version (pre-EE) of the game. I also noticed that, contrary to the enchanced edition PC version, the Switch version appears to be missing some Premium modules (Infinite Dungeons and the recently added Tyrants of the Moonsea, I think).

Perhaps JuliusBorisov is available to provide me with an answer (or anyone of his colleagues)?

Many thanks!
Post edited by LordAvernus77 on

Comments

• tinbluetinblue Member Posts: 18
    Do we assume the Switch version has been abandoned?
  • LordAvernus77LordAvernus77 Member Posts: 3
    I think you are right. I asked politely six months ago and got no answer. Seems like Switch users are being ignored...
  • Drewbert_ahoyDrewbert_ahoy Member Posts: 96
    They can't even make (and sell) premium mods for the game anymore, so I'm not surprised things have slowed down. However they have added tons of content over the last 5 years or so, which I will always be grateful for.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Just checked on GOG and the existing Premium mods are all still there. Did you mean to say they can't create and sell new Premium mods? For one thing, Premium mods were always sub-contracted out so strictly speaking they never did create them. As I understood it the reason for the lack of any new ones was all the negative feedback they got for the newest one - "Dark Dreams of Furiae".

TR
  • Drewbert_ahoyDrewbert_ahoy Member Posts: 96
    Yes of course new ones...

They were released as official content regardless of who made them, but they can't produce any more because of the license holder. You would have to ask Hasbro/Wotc why that is I guess.
  • LordAvernus77LordAvernus77 Member Posts: 3
    Why are the latest Premium modules not available on Switch, I wonder?