Skip to content

The Beaurin Legacy NPC Mod for BGII:EE

124»

Comments

• CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    @Mothor I played this mod to the end and really enjoyed it and I must admit that it happened to me too. But I completely forgot to report this to @jmaeq - sorry for that.
    I solved it through EEkeeper simply assigning that particular key to one of my characters.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Mothor wrote: »
    Strange...after installing this mod Gaelan Bayle no longer gives me the Shadow Thief Cellar key to access the place when Aran Linvail happens to be.

Did it happen to anyone else?

Yes - I had to remove Minyae from my party before speaking to Bayle, get the key (meaning that she missed out on XP from the convo), and then invite her back in in order to continue.
  • jmaeqjmaeq Member Posts: 91
    edited July 2020
    Ooh, that's not good - thank you all for bringing this to my attention. I'll look into this, and hopefully, I'll have a solution soon.

EDIT: Aaaand version is now updated to v3.6.1. This version should fix the Shadow Thief Cellar key problem.
    Post edited by jmaeq on
    Fina92
    edited May 2022
    (Another) Version updated to v3.6.2. This version includes:
    • Corrected a banter for an EE NPC
    • Missed a dialogue line to be tra-ified (now in TRA file)

A huge thanks to Austin at G3 catching these issues! :)
    Post edited by jmaeq on
    megamike15ilduderinoCaszidyFina92
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    What class is the second NPC?
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited July 2020
    lollers wrote: »
    What class is the second NPC?

I think, it's Archer, but don't quote me on that. I think I read about it recently. Probably in mod thread at G3.
    You're right, Cahir. :)

The second NPC's class is Archer.
    ilduderino
    edited August 2020
    Version updated to v4.0. This version includes:
    • Russian translation now included.
    • Fixed some dialogue lines relating to the TRA files.

Massive thanks to Austin over at G3, because without you, the Russian translation would not have been possible! :)
    CaszidyilduderinoGusinda
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 166
    Say, is there any special event/conversation with Minyae after encountering Gaxx?
    It has been a while, but I think the lich only says a few extra lines, and that's it.
    Version updated to v5.0. This version includes:
    • French translation now included
    • Fixed some dialogue issues
    This could not have been possible without the help of Mera and JohnBob over at G3! Additionally, the French translation was made with CorrectFR patch in mind, and it is highly recommended to play with both, if using the French translation of TBL.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,016
    I can't believe I never saw this mod before @jmaeq and I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for all of your work!
    Aerakar wrote: »
    I can't believe I never saw this mod before @jmaeq and I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for all of your work!

I hope you enjoy it! :)
    edited May 2022
    Version updated to v5.1. This version includes:
    • Fixed an incorrectly formatted chapter reference for EET
    Version updated to v5.2. This version includes:
    • Fixed more grammatical errors (they don't stop coming)
    • Fixed a bug where PC doesn't receive the Tree of Life talk
    • Corrected Minyae's audio line for pick pocketing
    edited June 2022
    Version updated to v5.2.1.

Every time I think I get rid of a grammatical/punctuation issue, three more pop up... This time around though, RebeccaQ volunteered to review and edit TBL's files. Hopefully now, TBL will be free of grammatical errors. So, this might be a small update, but I like to call it a grammar overhaul.
    Post edited by jmaeq on
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    This looks really cool! I love having a thief option other than Jan or Hex. And I wish more mods had NPC-NPC relationships/romances.
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    Hi,

I am interested trying out your Mod for quite a few reasons (i.g. more Evil Thieves, The Portrait looks Gorgeous, I like NPC +NPC Romances and her Background Story is intriguing. Also that there is a Hidden NPC and a choice is very cool). About the Hidden NPC: Since the NPC joins late in Game I would like to ask at what EXP the Hidden NPC would join. At the Protagonist's Level or how is it handled?

Cheers :)
    Wutan1988 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am interested trying out your Mod for quite a few reasons (i.g. more Evil Thieves, The Portrait looks Gorgeous, I like NPC +NPC Romances and her Background Story is intriguing. Also that there is a Hidden NPC and a choice is very cool). About the Hidden NPC: Since the NPC joins late in Game I would like to ask at what EXP the Hidden NPC would join. At the Protagonist's Level or how is it handled?

Cheers :)

Hello! Thank you for your interest, I appreciate it. :) I believe the Hidden NPC's level is level 14. Unlike Minyae, the Hidden NPC doesn't level depending on the PC's level.
    This looks really cool! I love having a thief option other than Jan or Hex. And I wish more mods had NPC-NPC relationships/romances.

Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it! :)
    A minor question: is there any reason (in terms of her character's story) for Minyae's specialization in daggers and two-weapon fighting?

I ask because SCS has an option to assign proficiency points to companions and I would be inclined to give her points in short bow and longsword (for the elf bonuses among other reasons). But I would stick with daggers if there's a character-based reason for it.

Thanks! :)
    edited June 2022
    A minor question: is there any reason (in terms of her character's story) for Minyae's specialization in daggers and two-weapon fighting?

I ask because SCS has an option to assign proficiency points to companions and I would be inclined to give her points in short bow and longsword (for the elf bonuses among other reasons). But I would stick with daggers if there's a character-based reason for it.

Hello! :)

I don't think Minyae explicitly says this anywhere, but for a short answer, there's not a particular reason. Other than, she likes using daggers, as they're easily concealable. Similar reasoning with the two-weapon fighting, two concealable daggers! They're great for throwing too.

I'll admit though, my primary reason for those specializations are because I found myself during many, many play throughs, using the same items over and over again. I never really took the opportunity to use daggers, like throwing daggers. I understand it may not be the most optimal build for her and what-not, but I thought that having those specializations might inspire a different way to play a character.

Lastly...
    She does receive a special dagger in ToB, but it is melee-only.
    Post edited by jmaeq on
    Thanks for the quick answer!

One more quick question: Minyae has *specialization* (two pips) in daggers, right? If so, that alone may be a reason to not altar her proficiencies.

(I actually use daggers a lot myself, especially throwing daggers, as I often play mages or druids...)
    Thanks for the quick answer!

One more quick question: Minyae has *specialization* (two pips) in daggers, right? If so, that alone may be a reason to not altar her proficiencies.

(I actually use daggers a lot myself, especially throwing daggers, as I often play mages or druids...)

Yep! She has 2 pips in daggers.

(You are much more diverse in weapons than me :D ...I just force my mages, who are also thieves, to use short bows, heh. )
    Version updated to v5.3. This version includes:
    • Fixed Nalia's SoA looping banter bug
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,016
    Thank you!