Skip to content

Items went missing - restore book bag?

Hi there!

I'm playing B1 EE for the first time, and I love that you get a book bag at the start in Candlekeep. Something weird happened while I was about 6 hours into the game - some items from my backpack just randomly disappeared, including the book bag and the books inside it. Alas, I hadn't saved in a while, so I don't really want to go back to my previous save.

Does anyone know the console code for the book bag to add it back in or have any other ideas?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    You are playing with mods because there is no book bag in original BG:EE. Iguess it's the book bag from Camryn which is from bg1re. It's not tagged as critical item so NPCs can take it with them when leaving, The critical items inside should stay with the PC, though.
    Note that the PC's inventory is also the place where most quest items are put into. This is done into the first slot (first left upper slot), if the inventory is full. Items that were in this slot are then dropped to the floor. I also almost lost quest items this way.
    Best to leave this slot always empty and be alerted to items dropping on the floor if the group receives quest items/rewards.

To yout question: there is no way to cheat in the bag full of your stuff. You can cheat in all the items separately, but you'd need to know which items are missing and need the file names. Was it only books with Tamah's letters?
  • emmavhenanemmavhenan Member Posts: 3
    Ah, that's what it is! I wondered why I couldn't find mention of the book bag anywhere when searching for help - I thought maybe it was just an EE addition. I do have the bg1re mod installed. There may have been a few other random books, which isn't a big deal - I more so miss the bag itself as I pile up books. Thanks for the insight! I appreciate it.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Cheat code for the book bag:
    C:CreateItem("ticambag")

The books with the letters inside are "TITOME01" to "TITOME14". The first one you find in Candlekeep was TITOME14.
  • emmavhenanemmavhenan Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much! :)