Skip to content

Small AI Tweak: Enemies surrounding a hidden/invisible PC

Thought I'd post this here, as it might be useful for some people who don't normally use mods.

As you may know, this game does this annoying thing where some enemy groups surround Player1 (first character created) if all of your characters are hiding, invisible, or otherwise out-of-sight of enemies.

I added a component to the attached mod that tweaks the AI. Most enemies that would previously walk to Player1 will now walk or stand around randomly. For some battles, enemies will still walk to the party, but they'll no longer stick to Player1 if hidden/invisible.

If you'd prefer dropping in the override, I also attached a zip file with all patched scripts. As long as these scripts weren't previously modded, they can be safely dropped in the override (the mod version can be installed over other edits to these scripts).

Comments

• inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited July 2022
    Thanks!
    This will make make it less frustrating to play a solo Fighter/Thief who relies on backstabbing.

@JuliusBorisov, will there be another IWD:EE patch in the future?
    If so, this script change should be included, as it is essentially a bugfix.