Skip to content

Which Non-Recruitable NPCs Do You Wish Were Recruitable?

13»

Comments

• ArgyleArgyle Member Posts: 48
    Nimbul does have a great voice set ... try charming him and you'll hear some even better clips! "Hush little baby, don't say a word, Nimbul's going to show you the big ... black ... bird ..." may be the best voice soundfile in the whole game.

I have always been a fan of Narlen Darkwalk because he is a pseudo-companion .. he adventures with you a little, but you can't directly control him. That is a very rare but cool thing in the BG series. And his dialog is hilarious.
  • jinxed75jinxed75 Member Posts: 157
    Raelis Shai. Such a lovely voice and personality
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    Solaufein definitely, but like not the mod version of him. I hate to say it, but that mod is badly written.

Gaelan Bayle might be rather interesting as a companion. He has a lot of potential for intriguing personal quests that fit nicely with the main plot of SoA, I think. Plus, he would have a unique voice among the companions and his banters would be great. Just think of what he'd have to say to Nalia as a notably poor person or how he'd knock Anomen down a few pegs.

On a less serious note: Noober.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    "One has lots of time for reflection while waiting for the ENDLESS WAVES OF WEREWOLF MONSTERS THAT CHEW YOUR TOES WHILE YOU SLEEP! " is among my favourite BG2 lines, and I definitely think Dradeel (who said that) should've been a joinable NPC of TotSC.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Narlen Darkwalk. Fun thieving across the sword coast.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    BG1 : The history, I mean, historian from Balduran's island.

BG2: Quayle
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Dili for shapeshifting, Pai'Na for spiders, and Nara for her adorable sweetness.
  • GentblueGentblue Member Posts: 39
    I couldn't continue in life without adding to this thread:
    Ehlastra, the slave woman that you free from Yaga Shura's lair was supposed to be Shar-Teel originally but they decided to add Sarevok and Shar-Teel is basically Sarevok-lite. It would have been nice to have Shar-Teel, perhaps if you sent Sarevok packing?
    Anishai obviously should have been a joinable assassin - maybe Hexxat would have been more interesting then?
    One of those undying guardians in the underground temple would have been cool, perhaps as a monk?
  • messymessy Member Posts: 35
    Elminster. B)