Skip to content

Can anyone help, I have BG:EE from the Apple App Store but want to add SOD from Beamdog store.

I have BG1:EE and BG2:EE from the Apple store and I only want to get BG:SOD but the Beamdog store doesn't allow me to get just BG:SOD on its own and ideally I want to use my app store saved games to import characters to SOD.
The app store the game data in /Users/Me/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition
while the Beamdog client wants to use /Users/Me/Beamdog Library <-- is this where it puts the game data not the binaries?

Is there a way just to get SOD from the store?

Does anyone from Beamdog want to point me in the right direction, please?

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    I have BG1:EE and BG2:EE from the Apple store and I only want to get BG:SOD but the Beamdog store doesn't allow me to get just BG:SOD on its own and ideally I want to use my app store saved games to import characters to SOD.
    The app store the game data in /Users/Me/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition
    while the Beamdog client wants to use /Users/Me/Beamdog Library <-- is this where it puts the game data not the binaries?

Is there a way just to get SOD from the store?

Does anyone from Beamdog want to point me in the right direction, please?

It doesn't work that way, because the mobile versions treat SoD as a separate game/app, while in the Beamdog store you get the computer version, where SoD is a DLC of BG:EE and can't be installed without the base game.

Or aren't you talking about the mobile versions of BG:EE and BG2:EE?
  • wall_numeralwall_numeral Member Posts: 9
    I am talking about the desktop version of macOS :smile: SOD iOS/iPadOS I have mobile versions, the desktop store only has BG1:EE and BG2:EE, BG2 is fine it has SOA and TOB, just no SOD for BG1.

All I want to do is buy SOD from the Beamdog store without having to buy BG1:EE again, and have it in the correct file system path so it recognises BG1:EE installed.
    i bought it on Steam, and I really wish I hadn't now, I can't transfer saves from the iPad to my desktop and back again, any progress from the desktop is lost when I transfer it back, never had that issue in BG1 or BG2 they just work.

I still don't get why it wasn't available as an in-app purchase either.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @JuliusBorisov
    That's what I am doing the iPad to Desktop works fine
    Desktop to iPad i lose all items and progress
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Are you sure you're archiving the correct files? I've had it working from Windows to iOS and from iOS to Windows.

Also, make sure you're using the correct way to import the game. Use the "Import Game" button in the main menu.
    edited July 2022
    @JuliusBorisov same method as BG1:EE zip up the files on the Desktop save folder rename to .sodsave copy to icloud open with the share from the menu.
    Game opens but items are missing and so is the progress.

Let me test again because I tried to overwrite the save from the iPad which maybe is the issue.

This is a bug by the looks of it the first time you open the save progress is missing I even moved the characters to a different part of the map to make sure, 1st time they weren't where I left them closed the game reopen and they were in the correct location.
    Post edited by wall_numeral on