Skip to content

[Mod] Adoy's Surgeproof Belt for BG1:EE & BG2:EE

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
edited April 2016 in General Modding
At the request of @Edvin I made Adoy's Belt grant total immunity to all wild surges. This mod simply modifies Adoy's Belt in both games. Note that this is an EXTREMELY overpowered item now as it completely eliminates all of the penalties of wild mages while it is being worn. This mod was slapped together in about 1 hour so don't expect anything too fancy. Enjoy cheesing everyone to death with Neera's NRD.

Edit: I have updated this mod to use a better version of Weidu.
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• cddscdds Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2022
    Sorry for the super-necro, but does anyone (maybe even @Tresset himself) know if this mod still works for modern (v2.6) versions of the EEs?
    Post edited by cdds on
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    No reason it shouldn't. Mechanically, this uses the same "better wild surges" effect as the likes of Chaos Shield, but scaled up to the point that all wild surge results are "spell cast normally". And that hasn't been changed by any of the game updates.

Though, that gives me an idea for an alternate version of Adoy's belt - immunity to some of the more harmful surges.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    jmerry wrote: »
    No reason it shouldn't. Mechanically, this uses the same "better wild surges" effect as the likes of Chaos Shield, but scaled up to the point that all wild surge results are "spell cast normally". And that hasn't been changed by any of the game updates.

Though, that gives me an idea for an alternate version of Adoy's belt - immunity to some of the more harmful surges.

Indeed. It should still work just fine.