Skip to content

New version of Sword Coast Stratagems (v32) available

123457»

Comments

• DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Yes. (While it's amusing that they got poisoned weapons, it was never intentional - an unintended consequence of a hidden error in BGEE.)
  • RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 83
    Thanks for a great mod, really enjoy it.

But i found a problem with the improved shapeshifting component.
    When Cernd fights Faldorn for the druid grove, he looses the token and can therefore not shapeshift. Is this the way its supposed to work or is it an oversight?

/Cheers Rangeltoft
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    It feels like an oversight to me. In older versions (with the improved shapeshifting component), Cernd could make a new token once in the pit and fight with that. In v33, he can't.

This issue applies only to the fight as done with Cernd or another Shapeshifter in the party, with the Improved Shapeshifting component in v33. Vanilla druids and Avengers can just make new tokens, and a non-party Cernd won't have the problem.

For a workaround ... station a party member near the pit. Pick up the token when Cernd drops it, and pass it to him through the inventory. You could send the rest of his equipment over too, but that feels too much like cheating.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Oversight.
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    Hi @DavidW

First of all, I cannot thank you enough for this wonderful and amazing and ... (insert lots of superlatives) mod and all the work you've done for this community! :)

Noticed a bug with v33.7 and shapeshifter tokens. It seems they are only created on actual level up. Which means that if I create a new druid in BG2, I start the game without the lesser and regular werewolves token. If I then level up to 13, the greater token is created properly. I suppose I could work around with EEKeeper and reset my lvl to 0 then give me back the XP but I still wanted to let you know.

Was messing around with 2.6 beta and the newly added french language and thought at first that it was related but I reproduced the issue with 2.5. Also, this was the only line in the weidu file.

Thanks! :)
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited December 2020
    It's not the import/new character that's causing problems; it's the cutscene at the beginning of SoA that removes all equipment.

I created a character as a test. New Shapeshifter in BG2 ... no token. Give them 2.5 million XP and the levels to go with it, greater werewolf token.
    Import that character to ToB ... they keep their old greater werewolf token and get two more, along with the other starting ToB gear.

Basically, every place that equipment gets removed causes trouble with the v33 werewolf tokens. The beginning of SoA, the optional Spellhold component, the Faldorn fight. A companion can get them back by leaving and rejoining the party, or in the case of the Faldorn fight having a friend pass the token over. The Bhaalspawn is in a much trickier situation.

You could also just create the token your shapeshifter should have. Lesser werewolf (level 1-6): DW#SHWE1. Werewolf (level 7-12): DW#SHWE2. Greater werewolf (level 13+): DW#SHWE3. Much easier than mucking around with de-leveling and re-leveling.
    Post edited by jmerry on
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    Oh, right! I read something similar on G3 (was maybe you) but did not make the connection with inventory being taken away from you at the start of BG2. But it makes sense! :)
    Hopefully, that particular implementation can be fixed in the next SCS version :)
    And thanks for the better workaround :p
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 497
    Hi, I don't know if SCS is the culprit, but on my install (2.6 beta and SCS 33.7), Aec'Letec is immortal.

I can kill it, but if there is no cultist left, the last Aec'Letec becomes unkillable, even with the cheat key ctrl + Y.
  • DaveyLDaveyL Member Posts: 16
    Hello @DavidW
    Oh my freakin god, this mod is an absolute beast and by far the most challenging mod I have ever played. I have played BG1 and BG2 for decades, Love Icewind dale on Heart of Fury mode. Just started BG1 again about 4 weeks ago, blasted through a few times easy peasy then found your mod - SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. I have taken out the bandit camp in BG1 but I get my backside handed to me EVERY time I try and do Ulminster WTF. I have wandered every area trying to get random attacks to get XP and then great big kobold, orc, or dog packs attack ( too much fun ) and I am sure I would have absolutely no chance except I also have installed EXNEM which gives me an edge. I mean to be attacked by an 11th level mage when I am 2nd level is just mean - but the 6 magic missiles can only mean one thing - RUN AWAY!!. Cant wait to get to Baldurs gate and see the changes. This mod is just way too exciting.