Skip to content

failed attempt to install mods using macOS

ryubyssryubyss Member Posts: 8
edited October 2022 in PST:EE Mods
currently using macOS 12.6.1 on a MacBook Air. I tried installing "Banter Accelerator" and "Unfinished Business". I had the GOG version of the game and mods on a USB drive which I call "The Shard 2". both times I got this error message:
The default interactive shell is now zsh.
To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.
For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.
The-Current:~ [my suer name]/Volumes/THE\ SHARD\ 2/video\ games/Planescape\ -\ Torment/PST\ mods/osx-A7-BanterAccelerator-v1.4/setup-A7-BanterAccelerator.command ; exit;
[./setup-A7-BanterAccelerator] WeiDU version 24700

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")

Press ENTER to exit.

installing the mods in the MacBook itself also did not work. help?

the readme didn't help.
Post edited by ryubyss on

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited October 2022
    The IE game directory would be the one where the CHITIN.KEY is in. The setup-modname.command(?) expects to be in there.
    Other than that, I have no idea aboput installing for machOS.
  • ryubyssryubyss Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2022
    thank you for responding.

I did not know exactly what you mean, but I put a zipped version of Banter Accelerator there, unzipped it and clicked on the "command" file. I got the exact same error message as previously.

if you meant to open CHITIN.KEY itself, I didn't know what tool I could use to do so.

thank you again for your reply!
    edited October 2022
    If you unzip the mod package, you should have the mod folder and the command file on the same level as the CHITIN.KEY file. (You don't have to do anything with the CHITIN-KEY file, I just use it as a unique reference). Make sure the unzipped mod folder is not another folder as it is sometimes if you download e.g. a master zip from GitHub.
    If this is all true and it still doesn't work, you'll have to wait for someone with macOS knowledge.
    Make sure the unzipped mod folder is not another folder as it is sometimes if you download e.g. a master zip from GitHub.

I didn't understand this sentence, sorry!
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Hello @ryubuss,

From the error message, it looks like you've created a folder called "PST mods" in the "Planescape - Torment" folder. Then, you copied the mods into the "PST mods" folder and tried to install them from there. This won't work.

You need to copy the contents of the folder "osx-A7-BanterAccelerator-v1.4" directly into the folder "/Volumes/THE\ SHARD\ 2/video\ games/Planescape\ -\ Torment". Then, run the setup-A7-BanterAccelerator.command file again (this time, it should be in the "Planescape - Torment" folder).
    thank you for your reply!

I get the same error message if I try opening the mod inside the Resources folder as well (PST EE,app>Contents>Resources).
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Hello @ryubyss,

What files are in the folder: /Volumes/THE\ SHARD\ 2/video\ games/Planescape\ -\ Torment/ ?

I don't have PST from GOG, so I was making an assumption based on the structure GOG used for BGEE, which was to put the CHITIN.KEY file in the base folder.

We need to know where your CHITIN.KEY file is located. Then, take the contents of the folder "osx-A7-BanterAccelerator-v1.4" and copy them into the folder with the CHITIN.KEY file. The following items should be in the same folder as the CHITIN.KEY file, not in a subfolder:

setup-A7-BanterAccelerator.command
    setup-A7-BanterAccelerator
    A7-BanterAccelerator

If you copy the folder "osx-A7-BanterAccelerator-v1.4" into the folder with the CHITIN.KEY file, that is incorrect. You need to move its contents (the three items above) into the same folder as the CHITIN.KEY file.
    thank you so much, sincerely, for your patience with me, not the most computer-literate person.

I found CHITIN.KEY in the Resources folder.

now that you have explained it, I think I grasp it. I need to drag the items out of the folder they sit in, yes? previously I'd have them in their own folder within the Resources folder.
    Exactly. I expressed it badly in my answers, but that's what I meant with "you should have the mod folder and the command file on the same level as the CHITIN.KEY file". AstroBryGuy phrased it much clearer.