Skip to content

[mod] Dorn Friendship (NPC IEP)

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
Aaaaand anoter NPC IEP mod is done!

The new one is Dorn Friendship... However, let's be honest, the "friendship" word is being used quite loosely here!

With this mod installed, you should be able to experience up to 15 talks in SoA (6 timered talks and 9 scenery / situational talks) and up to 7 dialogues in ToB (3 timered and 4 scenery / situational talks - 3 of these will be skipped if they already happened in SoA portion of the game).

Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD
FORUM

Special thanks to @Dalmir_The_Dark for proofreading/editing the talks and @jastey for setting the forums and handling all that forum/download stuff!

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Well this was un expected. Wonder if there will be one for Neera and Rasaad anytime soon.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Hah, I think I can tell you that probably no, but SHS' NPC IEP project is not dead just yet :)
  • bonewhiteglorybonewhiteglory Member Posts: 19
    Oh HELL yes >:)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    Great timing! I am getting close to moving onto BG2 (about halfway through SoD). :D

I assume that the friendship starts after the romance is closed off?

Also, do you know if this is compatible with the Dorn-Haer'Dalis romance (in the "Mazzy Mega-mod")? I would assume "yes" given that it's just additional dialogues.
    I assume that the friendship starts after the romance is closed off?
    As the FAQ says: "After you join Dorn. His original relationship should start soon. Once you are given a chance to sleep with him, reject him and suggest you are not interested in the romance. You must do it early in the game. If you "kill" his original romance path that way and do not sleep with him, the friendship talks should kick in. The mod also includes some scenery talks."

So yeah, "kill" the romance as soon as it's possible and do not sleep with him.
    Also, do you know if this is compatible with the Dorn-Haer'Dalis romance (in the "Mazzy Mega-mod")? I would assume "yes" given that it's just additional dialogues.
    I have no idea how that mod works, but yes, Dorn Friendship just adds new talks between Dorn and PC.
    edited October 2022
    Thanks for replying to my questions so quickly -- and apologies for not checking the FAQ first.

I haven't used Dorn in BG2 since before SoD was released. Glad there'll be new material for this run! B)
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Since SHS is down, what sort of backups do you have for this mod?

Thankee!
    It's an SHS project so I do not host it anywhere else. I don't think it's present on their GH. I don't know if my version was the latest one as I allow SHS staff to update these mods, NPC IEP is sort of this SHS flag project (that's also why I do not feel comfortable sharing it outside SHS and their GH, when I submitted the mod it also became part of the NPC IEP family).

I may see what I've got if there is someone who can upload it to SHS's GH. I see @skellytz mentioned on SHS's GH -- is that correct? If so, it would be perfect if they PMed me here or at G3. If anyone else ( @jastey @argent77 @Gwendolyne ? ) has access, the PM from them would be cool, as well.

I think it won't be *very* long before SHS is back, so the main download should be back not too long from now.
    I thought I would mention that the Dorn and Hexxat friendships are now available at SHS's Github: https://github.com/SpellholdStudios
    Yep, I sent the files to @skellytz :) thanks again, @skellytz :)
    Thanks Lava!