Skip to content

[v1.1] Skitia's NPCs For BG2:EE and EET

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Yeah, there's no point in setting up deadlines. The only good mod release date is "When it's done". No rush (and yeah, safety's more important).
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    As others said your safety is far more important than rushing the mod's release.

Just do what you can to avoid trouble and work on the mod when you feel is right.

Cheers!
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 497
    Agree with Lava, stay safe Skitia!
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Ouch. Stay safe!
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Oh dear! That's scary! You're in Florida then? Hope you've got somewhere safe to hunker down.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    stay safe Skitia . your safety matters more then getting a mod out on time.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Skitia
    Back up your files - game and otherwise - and keep your valuables with you! Grace, grace be unto you and yours!
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 80
    Crap. To the Nine Hell the deadline! Stay safe, I hope no serious damage will happen.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    Take care!
    Positive vibes. :)
  • Rev1395Rev1395 Member Posts: 11
    Is Emily's romance gender locked to males? Is says here that it is but in your website, it says otherwise. Just looking for clarification :)
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    edited October 2022
    Website wrong (I'll fix), and here, it is right, it is male-locked (though no longer race-locked).
  • Rev1395Rev1395 Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2022
    Skitia wrote: »
    Website wrong (I'll fix), and here, it is right, it is male-locked (though no longer race-locked).

Thank you for the clarification :) I've got another question though; how many lovetalks does each of the NPC's (aside from Helga) have? I'm currently on chapter 3 and romancing Vienxay, just mostly wandering around and questing, and X3VIELOVETALK is at 15.
    The variable maxes out somewhere between 29 and 33 depending on the NPC from memory, so 14 to 16
    Hi, any news how the flirts for Skitia NPCs are coming along?

Also curious about the changed Vienxay quest and the new NPC Isaac.
    The changed Vienxay quest is done. All I have left is the new NPC's friendship/romance dialogue and all the flirts, plus the interjects and the disposition/approval system implementation for him.

It's still some hours of work.
    edited November 2022
    Good to know, awaiting (im)patiently. :)

Always liked the flirting mechanics and more romance dialogue^^

Thanks for all the hard work on this sweet sweet mod. <3
  • Alfre4uAlfre4u Member Posts: 41
    edited November 2022
    Welp noticed a may as well be game breaking issue in BG2 with Vien already... Though maybe it just a mod conflict, she seems too either have conflicts with talk triggers or broken ones.

When I did circus quest she straight up interrupted the dieing gnome talk (Which I don't think I seen happen before and it semi broke it and had too talk manually to them-both gnomes) and said why waist time with idle banter (all she says currently when default clicking her).
    I Ignored this and moved on and noticed other areas breaking when she was simply in the party though was not positive until.... rescuing Viciona she apparently broke everyone's talk on her possibly joining which then broke the talk and could not talk too Viciona even as I guess it was trying to still do those talks) -> Vien did not even say anything even.. but checked and just dismissing her it worked fine.
    (Oddly had your dwarf Helga without issue, forgetting she came packaged with this, so idk if maybe it too do with eet or just Vien or Vien with other mods)

So loaded few hours back before I got her and guess will just skip them all this playthrough... though maybe to test and potentially help more, If I run into the others I might try and quickly see if they cause same issue as Vien (though not positive how easy will be too test).
    edited November 2022
    How long ago did you download the mod? The latest version has this bug fixed.
    You can just add X3Vie X3VieP X3VieJ X3VieD *** *** *** *** into a row in Pdialog2.da that is in your override folder, you don't have to redownload to fix it.

If it is already there/didn't work, then some other mod in your installation broke dialogue changing. You can open the .gam file from the save directory folder with nearinfinity and force Vienxay to use her X3VieJ dialogue file to fix it in that case. Or if that is the case, I can also do a quick edit to Vienxay's script file that will do the same thing and send it to you to put in the override folder.

Let me know if that helps! It should fix all of the game breaking stuff since it's associated with the above.
    Post edited by Skitia on
    edited November 2022
    To make sure it the correct thing you meant and not a typo is it X3Vien... as I got those in it by chance?
    Or is that her like BG1 and Vie(withoutN) is her forgotten BG2?

(Assume not a typo as I think I see Emily and Rec ie Emi+Reb for their BG2 but no Vie for her Vien) -> went ahead and did it with the assumption, but wanted to confirm.

Edit:
    Unfortunately can not test I only had originally 1 save from before Vien and I apparently over ridden on accident at some point during the last testing things out. Got accustomed to SoD's chapter etc... saves and it was probably a quick save I overridden by habit.
    Will see about quickly testing by loading SoD's save and using console to bypass as much as possible, but not worth resetting many hours yet again this playthrough.
    Post edited by Alfre4u on
    X3Vien is her BG1.
    X3Vie is her BG2.
    edited November 2022
    Ya that what I assumed, glad I was on correct on that since I just went ahead and tested it .

Decided I probably will just go ahead and re re do the beginning hours again since I just confirmed she does appear to be working now and Rja gives cheat weapons and stashed most my loot in also her given bag of carrying so won't have to navigate the junk right away.
    But
    Gods going through that long winded and meh SoD ending bits so soon again was annoying though :( soo much meh unskippable talks and cutscenes..
    But least it won't be that bad after that, just hoping I won't run into a huge amount more issues :D though glad your very quick to response and some of it has helped.

(just did test by console ctrl commands to kill and teleport as needed and running out to her asap etc...).
    edited November 2022
    Issue

Well that toke almost no time at all to discover another issue :D ... Don't know if this another oversite, EET, mod conflict, or what.. and suppose should have reacted to it sooner.

I apparently started in full romance with Emi, though it seems potentially possible that I can still romance some others though idk it all seems very messed up.

From all my testing maybe its the moment I get Emi (hopefully not sooner..) that it secretly breaks off relationships and their possibility and they are just coded to be semi flirty/talk of relationships at first without noticing they can't progress passed that point.
    Confusion
    I can have fun times with Vien with bed talk event (which I find very fitting for her) but don't appear to be in romance, I expect this is unintended side effect oversite of allowing it to happen but again fits her so happy for it; But unsure would like too further check
    Whats her code I tried C:GetGlobal("X3VieRomanceActive","GLOBAL") along with couple others I thought I read around to no avail, though further testing the code seems to work ? AfterI do any globalset which shows romance is not likely active and likely broken off

I can kiss Recs cheek but that does just seem normal affection but same time a lot of other bits through testing seemed flirty and leading to romance (tested quickly all the way too killing guy at sea tavern and got nothing so seems no romance possible)
    (What is recs/Rebs code(s)?) -> Though seems to be same boat as Vien's further testing.

Also Emi did even say the talk on maybe we will have a relationship but lets forget what happened in SoD thing.

Why I did not react sooner

This one I thought I liked at first even find it fitting enough since for most part they don't seem to say much on being actual romantic/gf relationship (especially for Vien), again with all being flirty and talking about relationships and allowed more content.

Figured worse case Emi may just have lost a few her leading up to relationship love talks which even works for me since I was thinking of parking her for someone else in future;
    Maybe proof of this even, assuming its not another issue is during tests to see about fixing I did manage to figure her code and set her love to 1 which soon after lead to -> Emi saying You know I am a bit curious about adventure mart details then it breaking off here (idk if this also broken but expect it just confused/broken since she technically further along in love talks and game cant register).
    *Edit* Ok did some further testing before quiting and Have not had this conversation popup ever
    (romanced her to 1 before meeting, got a couple new talks mixed with talks I had doing roughly same time and places etc... with console and just her and now expect this actually maybe was directed at someone else and is broken ?? )
    When I Discovered and worry+issues

But then came a time.. quite a surprising amount time later...
    She said she breaking up with me .. sooo oops apparently we were/are in a relationship, clearly breaking up because it likely on something like Read EmiApp(roval) after X time and if <~70/80 break up, which I know code to cheat fix so she won't break up But...

Now worried despite Serene and Vien seemingly being flirty/leading on for romance idk.. if they broke especially after then testing Rec and also quickly typing in to check random chosen AerieRomance is labeled 3 (and rec and Vie seem to jump to 3 if set to 1 like earlier issue promting likely their romance not possible).
    Post edited by Alfre4u on
    edited November 2022
    Side potential random issue I might have discovered though atm can't confirm as it just popped up during my massively testing save that I have put a lot of codes into and hope and expect that is the reason for it

Recorder triggers a talk and asks Vien, you say you are a shadowmage but what is that? Then it just breaks off (ends) no reply or anything.
    For the broken trigger talk, add X3VIE BX3VIE to interdia.2da in your override folder. (Fixed in latest version, your version probably is missing that line.)

For the romances, for them persisting they rely on approval being at least decent. For example:

Global("X3RebRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2) ->This is Recorder's Romance variable by the way.
    GlobalLT("X3RebApp","GLOBAL",55)

Starts a three day timer. If it is still less than 55 after that time, then the break up conversation will occur. It's mainly to show that you can't go through the romance, then do a complete u-turn on how you treat them. Or you can and you can see what would realistically happen.

It's possible I messed up somewhere and did SetGlobal("X3EmiApp","GLOBAL",6) rather than increment (Everything has to be incremented for it.), but you can check that with GetGlobal("X3EmiApp","GLOBAL"), switching X3Emi with X3Kal, X3Reb, X3Vie as needed.

If anyone else is at 2, it sets them all to 3 if they are at 1 with their RomanceActive variable. And if you force it at 2, expect the timer unless you also set their app number high enough. (60 is probably enough for all of them, Recorder and Emily have high value checks while Vienxay/Kale's are lower, being more tolerant.)
    Ok will add trigger

Ya figured all that for romance and it fine and fitting was just saying how it went all went down for me, though good to get exact details.
    Though idk why she started in romance for me, probably on me some how or some weird conflict idk, just decided to start basically all over again and just set her romance too 1 before meeting her.

What is GlobalLT? not seen that command before I just use get/set too see App
    ->
    My issue was just the fact I could not check their romance flag 0-3 with console command unless I first set it which I found odd.
    (ie if I did Get... it would say no such thing but if I did Set... then Get... it would) probably just odd programming I guess.

If you can't check it, then it means it is at 0. Which is okay, they start with it at 0 for a while. They usually need a certain amount of approval and some interest in dialogue for a romance before it goes to 1.

GlobalLT/GlobalGT isn't for console but modders when we are okay with numbers in a certain range for triggering.
  • trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    Hello, one question here. Does Vienxay has any ToB content at the moment?

Thanks for the great work ;)
    All of them have ToB content in terms of dialogue, interjects, PID. Some of them have quest content in ToB as well (Vienxay has a dialogue with an NPC to resolve hers.)
  • trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2022
    Nice, thanks. I'll take her for a spin with my Dragon Disciple then :)
    For Emily
    when/where does her quest progress after securing the 2 endorsements, quest log did not say it was completed or add anything new, and nothing has happened for quite a while.

Am I suppose to wait until next chapter or ?