Skip to content

[2.6] BG2 Radar Overlay Released!

Comments

• YunieYunie Member Posts: 44
    xiaoleiwen wrote: »
    Is it possible to show the effects from potions some day?

I'm not planning to.

It would be quite hard to implement and enemies very rarely buff themselves with potions (and for your party - you'd better be aware of what you drink)
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    Thanks, asking this because sometime may need to know what enemies use, especially with enemies use more potions component from the scs mod.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited July 2022
    @Yunie
    I've played with SCS where NPCs have often used items including potions for buffing!

What are some notable things not implemented yet for this mod that you consider in and out of scope?
    Endarire wrote: »
    What are some notable things not implemented yet for this mod that you consider in and out of scope?

I've already implemented more then I was willing to. All the latest changes are bugfixes or usability improvements.

The Radar project has no future without the EE-Ex integration (technically, it should be injected alongside the EE-Ex library) so there is no point to invest much effort into it. The more complex it gets the harder it would be to support with each new game patch.

The Radar served its purpose already - it showed the right people an alternative approach to the problem. Mr. Bubb is already working on that and its a matter of time when the Radar gets obsolete.

Until then we can enjoy the superior Radar experience.
    Quite happy with we have now and very appreciate it no matter it will be obsolete someday :)
    Thankee!
    edited July 2022
    Guys, I've released a new radar version which fixes issues with non-English languages (particularly the ones with tricky uppercasing rules, like Turkish or German) and I'm not talking the game language but the windows region settings.

I've improved resource caching so I'd be glad to hear your opinion if the Radar got more stable for you.

Also, in one of the previous updates I've finally added proper logging so whenever you find an issue please attach the radar.log file alongside the issue description

Another big improvement is an automatic focus return to the game window so you don't have to make these additional clicks to manually focus the game window after each interaction with the radar - it does so automatically now ASAP.

I've also addressed the BG1EE SoD (mod-merge) crashes - should be much more stable in BG1 now.
    Post edited by Yunie on
    @Yunie
    Thankee! Alleluia!
    I forgot to report the crashes in SOD (looks like mainly on the new creatures)...Great it is fixed now :)

Thanks~
    @Yunie
    Pecca mentioned a mod idea for a bestiary but sought help in finishing it. If you're willing and able to help, let him know on that thread.

Enjoy!
  • KaitekKaitek Member Posts: 43
    Incredible work, no need to manually look up enemies in Near Infinity! <3
  • BG_WeissBG_Weiss Member Posts: 5
    Holy cow. This is amazing. Modernizes BG by a couple decades.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Is it EET compatible ?
    Mordekaie wrote: »
    Is it EET compatible ?

It is.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Any consideration to take in count for the install order ? Any recommandation ?
    edited September 2022
    Mordekaie wrote: »
    Any consideration to take in count for the install order ? Any recommandation ?

It is completely mod-agnostic.
    As its not a mod in a sense - it is a memory scanner, a separate application.

That being said, you get the most benefit out of it if you play with SCS when mages do their SCS things.
    Also, I didn't test it with LoB mode - I'd be glad to hear any feedback on that.
  • KarrgootKarrgoot Member Posts: 26
    edited November 2022
    @Yunie This mod is a master stroke of a genius 🤩 i love it!

Now that i have butter you up, do you have any plans to add a round counter so one can easily perceive it, i find the pause at end of round to be kind of shit.

It feels like every character has an individual round timer.
  • suysuy Member Posts: 30
    EEex has a "timer" functionality, where the amount of time elapsed since the start of the "cooldown" to find traps or cast spells, is displayed for each character. Just mentioning for users to try, or for Yunie to look at, if interested.
  • KarrgootKarrgoot Member Posts: 26
    suy wrote: »
    EEex has a "timer" functionality, where the amount of time elapsed since the start of the "cooldown" to find traps or cast spells, is displayed for each character. Just mentioning for users to try, or for Yunie to look at, if interested.

:o my god, thax!!!
    Request: On the overlay, add a creature's or item's filename (toggleable) for debugging.
    Karrgoot wrote: »
    @Yunie This mod is a master stroke of a genius 🤩 i love it!
    Glad you like it <3
    Karrgoot wrote: »
    It feels like every character has an individual round timer.
    True
    suy wrote: »

Thank you for answering! Yes I saw EEEx doing it - its nice!
    Request: On the overlay, add a creature's or item's filename (toggleable) for debugging.

I'll keep it in mind, no promises though - life is happening now.

What are you debugging with it? Thing is - the Radar takes most of the information from the memory. At first it was mostly from resources but in the later releases it moved to memory reading (at the time when the buff icons were introduced).

The weapon on-hit effects are parsed from resources yes and I didn't find a proper solution for naming the unnamed effects (the ones without a spell name)
    The character resource file is the same as in the debug info in the in-game console.
    When testing mods, I wanted to know the filenames of items and creatures moused over so I can tell how things interact. For example, if I want to determine what the filename of a specific guard is in Wyrm's Crossing for purposes of modding, I could. Whether you count this as debugging is a matter of perspective.

(I know Near Infinity can do this, but it's been easier for me to handle this sort of thing in real time instead of checking only in an external editor.)
    When testing mods, I wanted to know the filenames of items and creatures moused over so I can tell how things interact. For example, if I want to determine what the filename of a specific guard is in Wyrm's Crossing for purposes of modding, I could. Whether you count this as debugging is a matter of perspective.

(I know Near Infinity can do this, but it's been easier for me to handle this sort of thing in real time instead of checking only in an external editor.)

Okki, but for now you can use debug dump console command (CTRL + M, I believe) which shows among the other info the creature resource file
    Thankee.
    Guys, I've just published a new release with your requested features!
    • Update to .net 7.0 (more performance)
    • The Game folder is detected automatically now - no need to copy the radar anywhere anymore.
      It also automatically finds if the game crashed or if you are lunching another game instance and switches to it right away
    • The Alignment is now displayed in its full name (eg. Chaotic good)
    • Added DebugMode to the config file - if set to True, it adds .cre, .spl and .itm filenames to creatures / items / spells
    Thankee! Alleluia!
  • HillgroveHillgrove Member Posts: 17
    how do I run BG EET in fullscreen windowed borderless mode? I can't find any information on it
    Hillgrove wrote: »
    how do I run BG EET in fullscreen windowed borderless mode? I can't find any information on it

You run the game in windowed mode, run the overlay and that's it. If it does not work try the in-game alternative renderer setting (requires restart)
  • amendaraamendara Member Posts: 16
    Wonderful mod thank you!
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited January 2023
    Interesting and well executed mod; kudos for the work. I could see how a lot of players would really like this.

Personally I find it over the top/too much access to a level of info that players normally do not and should not have in a DnD game. Would it be possible to feature a component that installs a toned down version that reveals only minimum info/details that could plausibly be known/observed by the party?