Skip to content

[2.6] BG2 Radar Overlay Released!

Comments

• YunieYunie Member Posts: 44
    Personally I find it over the top/too much access to a level of info that players normally do not and should not have in a DnD game. Would it be possible to feature a component that installs a toned down version that reveals only minimum info/details that could plausibly be known/observed by the party?

No.

The Radar targets more hardcore audiences. If you don't wanna know monster details - why would you use this overlay? Wanna see buffs only - there are other mods for it.

Radar answers the most common questions:
    - Buffs
    - Resistances
    - Crit. Immunity
    - Backstab Immunity

The level is there for level-dependent abilities
  • Christian79Christian79 Member Posts: 48
    edited February 2023
    I am having a problem, where this tool basically runs fine, but it does not work as an overlay. Meaning the game is displayed above the overlay. Any idea what cause this and more important, any ideas on how to fix that?

Edit: I nailed it down to the rendering method. Once I activate DirectX rendering it works as an overlay. Just wondering about side effects, since there is an explicit warning in the settings to enable the alternate renderer only if you are experiencen graphical problems with the default renderer.

Absolutely awesome tool!
    Post edited by Christian79 on
    I am having a problem, where this tool basically runs fine, but it does not work as an overlay. Meaning the game is displayed above the overlay. Any idea what cause this and more important, any ideas on how to fix that?

Edit: I nailed it down to the rendering method. Once I activate DirectX rendering it works as an overlay. Just wondering about side effects, since there is an explicit warning in the settings to enable the alternate renderer only if you are experiencen graphical problems with the default renderer.

Absolutely awesome tool!

Glad you like it!

As for rendering mode - I had no problem with it using NVIDIA graphics, but recently I moved to the AMD and with it I actually have to switch the game to the alternative renderer.

Can't say if its universal for everyone though
  • jimmyw404jimmyw404 Member Posts: 8
    Yunie wrote: »
    Personally I find it over the top/too much access to a level of info that players normally do not and should not have in a DnD game. Would it be possible to feature a component that installs a toned down version that reveals only minimum info/details that could plausibly be known/observed by the party?

No.

The Radar targets more hardcore audiences. If you don't wanna know monster details - why would you use this overlay? Wanna see buffs only - there are other mods for it.

Thanks for the mod! It's something I've wanted for over a decade now ( https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/75620/way-to-view-npc-buffs-or-save-in-combat? ) . I'm curious though, what other mods show current buffs on monsters?
    jimmyw404 wrote: »

No.

Thanks for the mod! It's something I've wanted for over a decade now ( https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/75620/way-to-view-npc-buffs-or-save-in-combat? ) . I'm curious though, what other mods show current buffs on monsters?

I was talking about the EEEx - https://github.com/Bubb13/EEex
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @jimmyw404
    OlvynSpells has detect magic and identify creature.
  • who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    I just found this, and HFS this is an insane breakthrough of mind boggling awesomeness! Now that I know about this I will never play without it (if possible). Thank you!

I can remembering wishing for this information 25 years ago...
    Will this or could it be easily made to work with Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition?
    Will this or could it be easily made to work with Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition?

It would require double checking of all the addresses and honestly I don't think its worth the effort - in BG you have SCS making enemies use all the protections, buffs etc but in IWD its just cannon fodder with few resistances here and there

It would require double checking of all the addresses and honestly I don't think its worth the effort - in BG you have SCS making enemies use all the protections, buffs etc but in IWD its just cannon fodder with few resistances here and there

You have a good point. Not worth that amount of work. Thank you anyway.
  • CanBayrakCanBayrak Member Posts: 2
    Hi there Bhaalspawns,

Is it safe to download? Is it false positive? I had one warning on Virus Total today.mj5mgdgqjvth.jpg
    CanBayrak wrote: »
    Hi there Bhaalspawns,

Is it safe to download? Is it false positive? I had one warning on Virus Total today.

Hii!
    I'd assume thats your issue - https://github.com/tapahob/BG2RadarOverlay/issues/36 ?

So yes I am getting false positives time to time but I asked the other contributers to check it just in case.

Just to be clear, the Radar reads other process' memory, it tracks your mouse position and clicks - it has all the rights to be considered dangerous.
  • CanBayrakCanBayrak Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2023
    Thanks for the answer Yunie :) Scanned with MalwareBytes and Kaspersky. Had no positive. Started to using it... Fantastic Job!!!
  • CplHicks24CplHicks24 Member Posts: 9
    Hi all,
    I am having an issue when I try to run the install, either in the game folder or not. The error is "The procedure entry point LocateXStateFeature could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll". Any help?
  • CplHicks24CplHicks24 Member Posts: 9
    Windows 7 btw...
    CplHicks24 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am having an issue when I try to run the install, either in the game folder or not. The error is "The procedure entry point LocateXStateFeature could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll". Any help?

Hii @CplHicks24!

I can't say for sure, but could you try following this guide - https://www.techwhitesolution.com/2020/10/how-to-fixed-dynamic-link-library_11.html ?
    Guys, I've been tinkering with the Animated Portraits feature for the Radar Overlay lately - what do you think?
    https://youtu.be/SIa3TTlIXgk
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    The animated portrait is a novelty. I'm torn between calling it distracting and useful, but if I played with it long-term, it may be more useful than distracting.
    Endarire wrote: »
    The animated portrait is a novelty. I'm torn between calling it distracting and useful, but if I played with it long-term, it may be more useful than distracting.

It might be annoying yep, but if its tied to a specific effect it should be quite fun, expecially if im to add custom voice queues for specific effects.
  • smitty7171smitty7171 Member Posts: 1
    I'm having an issue, not sure why. I see the videos of others using the app and they have a launcher in their game directory, but I haven't been able to find that file anywhere after i extract the zip into my game directory. Please help as this mod looks awesome and i would love to use it!
    smitty7171 wrote: »
    I'm having an issue, not sure why. I see the videos of others using the app and they have a launcher in their game directory, but I haven't been able to find that file anywhere after i extract the zip into my game directory. Please help as this mod looks awesome and i would love to use it!

Are you sure you are downloading the correct archive?

You are supposed to download the BG.Radar.Overlay.7z file and unzip it anywhere.
    The launcher is inside
  • LastFallenLeafLastFallenLeaf Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I'm having an issue getting this overlay to function properly in the borderless mode. In windowed mode it works perfectly as advertised, but when i have the overlay force borderless, it no longer functions as an overlay and i have to alt tab between the game and the overlay to see the drop down boxes. Does anyone know a fix for this?
    Hey, I'm having an issue getting this overlay to function properly in the borderless mode. In windowed mode it works perfectly as advertised, but when i have the overlay force borderless, it no longer functions as an overlay and i have to alt tab between the game and the overlay to see the drop down boxes. Does anyone know a fix for this?

AMD user spotted - just turn on the alternative renderer setting in the game's settings and restart it.

Gotta update the video with these questions
  • kaiiakkaiiak Member Posts: 20
    Will this work on 2.5 ?
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    Sadly this never worked for me. I try it on an Lenovo Labtop. I activated Alternate Render started the Game in Window Mode and i allow the Program to operate by pressing Yes when User Controll asks me if i want to allow the Program to run.

In the Text Document it says: *The time* and [INFO] Waiting for game process ...

Do i have to play the Game from the Standard Beamdog or Steam Folder??? Or is this not important? Since i mod my Game i usually copy my Installation Folder from the Beamdog Library into another Folder and mod this one instead.
  • kaiiakkaiiak Member Posts: 20
    Any chance to add AC against specific attack (Piercing , slashing ,etc) to the Radar ? also what about adding how many stoneskins , mirror image ?
    Wutan1988 wrote: »
    Sadly this never worked for me. I try it on an Lenovo Labtop. I activated Alternate Render started the Game in Window Mode and i allow the Program to operate by pressing Yes when User Controll asks me if i want to allow the Program to run.

In the Text Document it says: *The time* and [INFO] Waiting for game process ...

Do i have to play the Game from the Standard Beamdog or Steam Folder??? Or is this not important? Since i mod my Game i usually copy my Installation Folder from the Beamdog Library into another Folder and mod this one instead.

It is important yep, you are expected to run the game with Baldur.exe or through a regular Steam play button
    kaiiak wrote: »
    Will this work on 2.5 ?

It won't.

Technically you can try the 1.x versions of the Radar, but keep in mind it would be quite outdated compared to the latest version.
    E.g. you'll have to copy the radar inside the game folder, some bugs might be still present, weapon on-hit effects won't be there etc..
    kaiiak wrote: »
    Any chance to add AC against specific attack (Piercing , slashing ,etc) to the Radar ? also what about adding how many stoneskins , mirror image ?

I would not mind someone contributing this.
    As of now, I don't really have time for it.
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 167
    You are supposed to download the BG.Radar.Overlay.7z file and unzip it anywhere.
    The launcher is inside

How do you install this? I downloaded 2.06.4 but can't see a launcher anywhere in the folder