Skip to content

Did they change the prism the sculptor quest?

I can't seem to get Prism to complete his masterpiece anymore.

I agree to help him. Greywolf comes along, I kill him. Bizarrely, the emeralds Prism stole are on Greywolf's corpse. When I talk to Prism, he laments that it was all for naught, and wanders off without dying.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Are you sure you don't have a mod interfering?
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    The only mod I have installed is the Item Randomizer.

After experimenting a bit more it seems if when Greywolf talks to me I choose the really confrontational option instead of trying to reason with him, the encounter proceeds normally. I kill him, Greywolf completes his sculpture, and then dies.

If I try to reason with him though, Greywolf doesn't turn hostile, and moves to kill Prism. If I attack him, he'll turn hostile and fight back, but when I kill him he has the emeralds, and Prism laments that he wasn't able to finish the sculpture before walking away and alive and unharmed.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Chronicler wrote: »

I agree to help him. Greywolf comes along, I kill him. Bizarrely, the emeralds Prism stole are on Greywolf's corpse. When I talk to Prism, he laments that it was all for naught, and wanders off without dying.

According to the scripting Greywolf turns hostile after 4 seconds if you try to reason with him. If you move farther than 7 feet away from him while he's still neutral he will take the gems from Prism and then attempt to kill him. It is possible that you interfered with the second part, or the 4-seconds timer triggered at the right moment and Greywolf turned hostile before he was able to deal the killing blow.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    argent77 wrote: »
    Chronicler wrote: »

According to the scripting Greywolf turns hostile after 4 seconds if you try to reason with him. If you move farther than 7 feet away from him while he's still neutral he will take the gems from Prism and then attempt to kill him. It is possible that you interfered with the second part, or the 4-seconds timer triggered at the right moment and Greywolf turned hostile before he was able to deal the killing blow.

Ah, that probably explains it. I stepped back so I could blind him and plug him with arrows. I must not have done it that way the previous times I did this quest.