Skip to content

NWN Digital Deluxe Install

Hi there.

So, I did just submit this issue over at the helpdesk. But I wanted to post here just so that I could be sure some eyes other than mine did see this, with the chance that perhaps someone can offer me some help.

Way way back, I enthusiastically ordered the NWN:EE Digital Deluxe Edition when it was on offer. This was a long time ago, mind you, so I don't recall exactly how all of this went down... BUT, I do remember that after it had been offered, Digital Deluxe was taken off the table, and I was given a set of very strange, difficult-to-follow instructions for how to install the components that I had paid money for and was entitled to.

Long story short, it never worked. I was never able to install the game correctly, was never able to play any of NWN (not even the base game, let alone the modules that came with the DDE), and the support I got from Zendesk was... not helpful at all.

Anyway, it's many years later, and the Beamdog launcher continues to remind me that there are problems installing Neverwinter Nights. I want to resolve all of this and just be able to install and play tha game.

I'll try to provide information from my side as needed. But someone please, please help.

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    What OS are you running on and where did you buy the game from?

TR
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    Currently I'm running Mac OS 10.14.6, and I made my purchase through Beamdog.
    Assuming that your BD launcher looks similar to the windows one try this - Click on "Options" and from the menu that gives you click "Verify Game" -

blmdgfvfwviv.png

That is for the base game. If it works, you'll need to do the same for each of the dlc too.

TR
    My launcher does, indeed, look like that. Here's what I see:
    cx4ak7od0bwc.png

That orange "Incomplete" button would indicate, even to someone as confused by this entire process as me, that I have an incomplete install. When I try to verify it, though, the option is grayed out.
    g8t9xbgk2oc9.png

If I try to have the launcher open my install location is, I get this:
    58nszxia026u.png

(for the record, the install location designated in the launcher is still there, it just has no Neverwinter Nights stuff in it)
    Finally, when I try to select uninstall, I get this:
    0om86kvmhs3u.png
    Okay, SOME progress... I just went through the drop down and found the source of all those progress bars covering my NWN icon in the launcher. It had apparently been trying to download the Deluxe edition modules, but was stalled somehow? I cancelled the downloads to see if it would free up my ability to uninstall/reinstall the base game...
    it did not. But getting rid of those progress bars was probably a step in the right direction.
    As the Digital Deluxe package was discontinued selecting to try to download it may be the cause of your problem. If you look at where it says "Digital Deluxe" you will notice an inverted triangle. That is telling you that there is a drop-down menu there. Click on that triangle to get the menu. It should look something like this when you do that -

r1cdbt068h01.png

As you can see I also originally had the DD too but that it is now greyed out. Instead I have the original game as 1 download and the premium modules are now separate downloads. To get the original game select "Retail" instead and it should (hopefully) install automatically.

TR
    My menu has no options greyed out:
    sqyc8nrxu5ra.png

I tried uninstalling on the DD side, as well as uninstalling/installing on the Retail side. I get the "internal error" message both times.
    That, when compared to mine, looks like everything is greyed out. Now I am at a loss. I'll ask @JuliusBorisov Is there a problem with the BD client 2.1.11 on the mac?

TR
    That, when compared to mine, looks like everything is greyed out. Now I am at a loss. I'll ask @JuliusBorisov Is there a problem with the BD client 2.1.11 on the mac?

TR

See, it may look greyed out from the screenshot, but I'm able to go in and select each one, and the modules that don't come as part of the DD it asks if I want to buy; the DD modules, it gives me an option to install.
    That is semi-good but without the retail part first you may not be able to install the individual DD modules. Last thing I can suggest is to select the retail from the drop-down menu but then try the options/verify module immediately afterwards.

TR
    So, the "verify" option is greyed on my menu for Retail...

BUT... (this is strange) I restarted the Beamdog launcher and now it's downloading something? I will let this go for a bit, maybe after I cleared out the downloads for the DD modules, it'll install the base game now?

Will update after it's gone for a bit.
    Dear god.

... Whatever I did while trading forum messages with you, TarotRedhand... it seems to have done the trick. For the first time since I bought this game back in... 2017?... I was just able to open it.

I am going to attempt now to install the DD modules and see where that gets me. Thank you for responding; I'll holler if somehow this leads me to yet further problems.
    Looking back at your picture, I think they looked that way because you had nothing installed at that point. Great that it appears to have worked.

TR
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    That's so good to see this resolved (hopefully), but I can also say that if you go to your Beamdog account at store.beamdog.com, you can find Steam keys for all NWN:EE products. So if the Beamdog Client doesn't work, try Steam.
  • MelkiorMelkior Member Posts: 181
    That's so good to see this resolved (hopefully), but I can also say that if you go to your Beamdog account at store.beamdog.com, you can find Steam keys for all NWN:EE products. So if the Beamdog Client doesn't work, try Steam.

Great. So can I get a refund on my GOG payment since I already bought NWN directly from Beamdog but was trying to update it because I thought I'd missed an update due to the "always face east" bug not being fixed yet?

Yes, thank you! My issues have apparently been resolved. Was able to lovingly waste away several hours of the holiday break completing the Pirates of the Sword Coast module.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    Melkior wrote: »

Great. So can I get a refund on my GOG payment since I already bought NWN directly from Beamdog but was trying to update it because I thought I'd missed an update due to the "always face east" bug not being fixed yet?

Up to you.

Yes, thank you! My issues have apparently been resolved. Was able to lovingly waste away several hours of the holiday break completing the Pirates of the Sword Coast module.

Great to hear!