Skip to content

[v1.66] Vienxay, a Elven Shadowmage NPC for BG:EE + SoD and EET

12345679»

Comments

• Viper_AlveinViper_Alvein Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2023
    Skitia wrote: »
    I moved the start of the cinematic, I don't know if it will help, but without being able to replicate, it's very difficult to fix. Check if X3VCut01 exists in your override folder as well, as my concern is it's not being put there for some reason.

If anyone tries out the just now pushed update and no cutscene fires at all now, then the file has to be missing and I need to figure out why.

Just to expand on my previous post. My current install of EET the cutscene doesn't fire at all. In my previous install it would get stuck.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,062
    edited February 2023
    Thanks, I've renamed all of the SoD cutscene files so they don't clash. A redownload should fix. Glad that it is finally figured out.
    edited February 2023
    Glad to help. Also Just wanted to say great work on your npcs. Been a lot of fun so far. Curious to see where the story goes.

So I've done testing with the update and good and bads news. Good news: I redid my full install of the EET and the cutscene worked. Bad news was the dialogue was borked. So did a fresh install with just vienxay and the npcs just in case it was my install and got the same outcome with the same dialogue after starting a new game in SoD. Add a screenshot with the weidu log just in case. Hope it helps.

Update: Went back and tested vienxay on a fresh SoD Install and same thing. Hope this helps :)

0nd9uet9y5mn.png

WEIDU Log just in case.
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~EET\EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET core (resource importation): V13.4
    ~VIENXAY\VIENXAY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Vienxay NPC for BG1EE: 1.67
    ~SKITIANPCS\SETUP-SKITIANPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Skitia NPCs for Baldur's Gate 2: 1.007
    ~SKITIANPCS\SETUP-SKITIANPCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Skitia NPCs: Romance Theme Soundtrack -> Romance Theme Music: 1.007
    ~EET_END\EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET end (last mod in install order) -> Standard installation
    Post edited by Viper_Alvein on
    Thanks, this should be fixed, updated the translation file name.
    Awesome, thanks. will give it a whirl tonight.
  • frogdude129frogdude129 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2023
    I can't seem to find her at all in SOA i've tried outside the adventures mart and even went to the prison in case she had spawned their with no luck. Is their something I'm missing like she spawns only after a certain event.

never mind realized i had only downloaded her bgee part and not her bgee 2 part
  • EggonEggon Member Posts: 5
    I found that some conversations have incorrect dialogue options. For example, when talking about her exile the dialogue options that appear are instead about her childhood or when I ask about stealth tips she instead talks about her former master. The only other mod I'm using is Tweaks, I wonder if anyone else has the same problem.
    Eggon wrote: »
    I found that some conversations have incorrect dialogue options. For example, when talking about her exile the dialogue options that appear are instead about her childhood or when I ask about stealth tips she instead talks about her former master. The only other mod I'm using is Tweaks, I wonder if anyone else has the same problem.

Is this EET or non-EET?
    Eggon wrote: »

Is this EET or non-EET?

non EET. The mods are just Tweaks and Vienxay.
    Thanks, I'll take a look at the dialogue chain and see if it's something on the mod-side.
    Thanks, I'll take a look at the dialogue chain and see if it's something on the mod-side.

Also I downloaded it from your site not from the link here in case that has anything to do with it.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 211
    Hey,
    how is life going? Any plan for the mods ?

Just curious - I wanted to start installing the single npc mods and play, but I may still wait a bit if you plan to release the bundle and the new guy...
    edited April 5
    I finished my masters a couple of weeks ago, so I'm wanting to pivot back to my mod plans, which were, in my priority order:

Fix Wings Bugs that have been persistently reported.

Finish my BGEE test playthrough and implement final changes before releasing the final version of the single NPC mods.

Create a single NPC mods bundle that will be the supported version going forward.

Update the BG2 mod with the translations someone created for it.

Finish the BG2 content.

Work on Something New/Focus more on Cross-Content.

You'd probably finish a playthrough before I updated BGEE, but you're also welcome to wait.