Skip to content

Shadow thieves killing me instantly

Just got to Ch 3 after doing everything in Athkatla. As soon as I enter the guild I’m immediately killed. Did I mess up somewhere along the way? Is this fixable??

Comments

• Christian79Christian79 Member Posts: 48
    Did you kill Renal Blood scalp for his boots?
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    It's very difficult to say what's caused this.

What was your latest interaction with the guild like? Have you sided with Bodhi? Do you have any mods installed?

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited March 2023
    Who is killing you? If it is "Arkanis Gath" then you did something game breaking, like lose Renal's favor after closing Bodhi's way to get you to Brynnlaw.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 481
    Did you talked to the shadow thief plotting against Aran ? If you don't attack him immediatly, all the guild turns hostile.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Trouveur would you spoiler me please? I don't recall this content.
  • JQuailmanJQuailman Member Posts: 44
    I never sided with bodhi. Mae Vaer is always one of the first handful of quests I do in chapter two but I don’t think I’ve been back since. Maybe I killed Renal or someone else and hightailed it out of there?

Picking up this run from months ago so I don’t exactly remember. I typically power play and do questionable things as a ~good party 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ended up loading up the Ch 2 start and no complaints as all the quests in Athkatla are some of my faves anyway 👌
  • JQuailmanJQuailman Member Posts: 44
    jastey wrote: »
    Who is killing you? If it is "Arkanis Gath" then you did something game breaking, like lose Renal's favor after closing Bodhi's way to get you to Brynnlaw.

Yes it was the death machine Arkanis Gath.
    jastey wrote: »
    @Trouveur would you spoiler me please? I don't recall this content.
    In the north east part of the guildhall, there is a theif wearing the ring of lock pick. When talked to, he suggests killing Aran, and another thief appears to kill him and ask us to help him or suffer death too. If then the player doesn't attack the first thief, all the guild turns hostile.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    That's not it at all. If you intervene on behalf of the traitor, sure, they'll go hostile. If you just stand there and do nothing, you're fine.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    jmerry wrote: »
    That's not it at all. If you intervene on behalf of the traitor, sure, they'll go hostile. If you just stand there and do nothing, you're fine.

And it has always been that way since vanilla (original BG2). I just stand there waiting for my ring…
    last time I did that they turned hostile.

I will try again with a previous save.
  • BardsSuck_BardsSuck_ Member Posts: 133
    Trouveur wrote: »
    last time I did that they turned hostile.

I will try again with a previous save.

Not related at all, but your avatar looks like bardic version of Scott Adkins lol