Skip to content

Graion's Soundsets for (BG/SoD/BG2/IWD/EET)EE 2.6+ (Last update: 2022-11-13)

13»

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Haven't looked at the amount of lines of Irenicus properly to see if it can fill out a set. I'll see. I actually forgot where I stopped with my BGNPC set, gotta rereview that.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 497
    Haven't looked at the amount of lines of Irenicus properly to see if it can fill out a set. I'll see. I actually forgot where I stopped with my BGNPC set, gotta rereview that.
    Maybe there is already one with the Longer Road mod with Irenicus a a joinable NPC ?
    Again, I'm not ruling out that Irenicus has enough lines for a set. I mean, I've scrubbed together Aribeth's TWD set from her NWN campaign speech. I just haven't had the motivation to do the same for him. I don't want to copy-paste prior thirdparty sets outright, partially due to respecting their work and partially because they might have overlooked something/predate the 2.6 voice extension.
  • v1ldv1ld Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for these voice sets! Particularly love being able to use the IWD1 set in BG2. Cheers.
  • Jon_DMJon_DM Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2022
    Again, I'm not ruling out that Irenicus has enough lines for a set. I mean, I've scrubbed together Aribeth's TWD set from her NWN campaign speech. I just haven't had the motivation to do the same for him. I don't want to copy-paste prior thirdparty sets outright, partially due to respecting their work and partially because they might have overlooked something/predate the 2.6 voice extension.

Listening to him is motivating as hell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCWdYmxkk74
    The BG NPC set was updated to 0.3.0 which adds 4 SoD sets: Corwin, Dynaheir, Glint and Khalid.

Also, the BG/BG2/IWD/IWD2 sets were updated to include PI metadata.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Yay! Kudos to you for constantly updating the mod!
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    If only the games were also updated frequently eh?
    Dark_Ansem wrote: »

Considering some of my own track record, I don't appreciate this kind of snark here. And these are just the stuff Ii actually talked about and/or left unfinished.

So yeah, I see way too many similarities.

Considering some of my own track record, I don't appreciate this kind of snark here. And these are just the stuff Ii actually talked about and/or left unfinished.

So yeah, I see way too many similarities.

I had no idea so there was no snark towards you
  • LlewrenLlewren Member Posts: 33
    The BG NPC set was updated to 0.3.0 which adds 4 SoD sets: Corwin, Dynaheir, Glint and Khalid.

Also, the BG/BG2/IWD/IWD2 sets were updated to include PI metadata.

Thank you for your amazing work.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    edited December 2022
    nvm
  • KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
    edited February 2023
    @GraionDilach I think i might be too stupid to install these lol.
    I've put the stuff in the install directory, ran the exe and it seemed to have installed something but the names of the soundpacks during character creation seem to be random quotes and when i use one of them ingame my character says random stuff in the log but doesn't say anything out loud or only one sentence at random.
    any idea what i am doing wrong? Or is there perhaps a detailed guide on how to install these soundfiles?

Cheers
    i3vau2avbvpx.jpg

i also have no clue about how to uninstall this now
    edited February 2023
    If you got the game from Steam or GoG, you need to install DLCMerger first before any other mod on top of SoD and this mod is no exception. I'll probably add a safeguard detection for this, I guess.

Yeah, I forgot to add it, thanks for the reminder.
    edited February 2023
    If you got the game from Steam or GoG, you need to install DLCMerger first before any other mod on top of SoD and this mod is no exception. I'll probably add a safeguard detection for this, I guess.

Yeah, I forgot to add it, thanks for the reminder.

Can you possibly help me with the above mentioned issue? :)
    or point me to a guide on how to install/uninstall these if there is one that would be greatly appreciated
    I did. Apparently you didn't get the memo first:

You need to rebuild your game folder to ensure that DLCMerger is the first mod you install, and only then install the mods you actually want. This could be the source of your other mod-related bugs as well.
    edited February 2023
    I did. Apparently you didn't get the memo first:

You need to rebuild your game folder to ensure that DLCMerger is the first mod you install, and only then install the mods you actually want. This could be the source of your other mod-related bugs as well.

Apologies i misunderstood something

edit: though not sure what you mean by rebuilding my game folder? I tried to reinstall the game but the game just starts out the same way as before i uninstalled it. Sorry if i am a bit slow with these things

edit2: i think i figured it out. deleted the folders and did an integrity check on steam i think that did it
    Honestly; never mod your Steam folder. Duplicate it out and mod the duplicates instead, that way you can return too the Steam folder ass a full backup. The game is portable and will register itself with Steam for achievements and stats even if it was launched directly from an external folder.
    Honestly; never mod your Steam folder. Duplicate it out and mod the duplicates instead, that way you can return too the Steam folder ass a full backup. The game is portable and will register itself with Steam for achievements and stats even if it was launched directly from an external folder.

Good to know thanks for your help!
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Hello @GraionDilach, for some years I've been searching for a way to have a consistent soundset (the BGEE one) through all EET, hence including SoD. Since you made the present mod, could you help me find a solution?
    I tagged you here: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/31274-consistent-soundset-for-eet/
    Thanks! 😊
    I'd be happy to contribute with Dragon Age Origins (Awakening) voices, if you want.
    edited April 2023
    I'd be happy to contribute with Dragon Age Origins (Awakening) voices, if you want.

Sorry for a bit belated response - my interests shifted a bit.

I don't know anything about Dragon Age and I'm not interested in this one. I fully encourage everyone to do their own soundsets via the EE Soundset Tool @ https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/34560-adding-soundsets-to-the-ees-using-the-ee-soundset-tool/ though - all these mods rely on the knowledge of that topic.
  • boofboof Member Posts: 22
    As a bit of feedback, a lot of the NWN voices are noticeably louder than any of the other voice sets, base game or the other ones you've done. It makes it a bit jarring to play unless your entire party is running the NWN voices.
    edited June 2023
    Yeah, I'm aware, but that would need a global audio renormalizatiion (so far I've kept everything on source audio volume) and that can easily turn out shaky on short samples. I also would only attempt that after I'm fully done with the NWN sets.
  • Whatever1Whatever1 Member Posts: 17
    edited September 2023
    @GraionDilach

I have a question. These soundsets and the installation system work fine, thanks for that.

However, when I copy a savegame from my desktop to my laptop I have to reset the soundset as it picks another one of the sounds for my character. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling everything in the same order but it doesn't work.

Is there a way to fix this?

In case it's relevant: desktop runs Win10 and laptop runs Win11
    edited September 2023
    Sounds like that the desktop and the laptop have different mod installations. I have no control over how the strings get allocated install-time.

You should build your modded installation on one system and then copy over the resulting folder to your other one. The instlattions are mostly portable afterall (and fully portable if you also copy over the profile folder along).
  • Whatever1Whatever1 Member Posts: 17
    Sounds like that the desktop and the laptop have different mod installations. I have no control over how the strings get allocated install-time.

You should build your modded installation on one system and then copy over the resulting folder to your other one. The instlattions are mostly portable afterall (and fully portable if you also copy over the profile folder along).

Thank you. I did not realize the installs were portable. It worked great when I copied one install over to the other system.
  • AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
    Do the IWD voices not have sneaking and trap set lines when used in BG2?
    This is the IWD2 list. oIWD lacks slots 41 and above. As you can see, they lack it.
    xxxxx01.wav : Morale Failure 1
    xxxxx02.wav : Morale Failure 2
    xxxxx03.wav : Battle Cry 1
    xxxxx04.wav : Battle Cry 2
    xxxxx05.wav : Battle Cry 3
    xxxxx06.wav : Battle Cry 4
    xxxxx07.wav : Battle Cry 5
    xxxxx08.wav : Becoming Leader 1
    xxxxx09.wav : Becoming Leader 2
    xxxxx10.wav : Tired 1
    xxxxx11.wav : Tired 2
    xxxxx12.wav : Bored 1
    xxxxx13.wav : Bored 2
    xxxxx14.wav : Hurt 1
    xxxxx15.wav : Hurt 2
    xxxxx16.wav : Selected Common 1
    xxxxx17.wav : Selected Common 2
    xxxxx18.wav : Selected Common 3
    xxxxx19.wav : Selected Common 4
    xxxxx20.wav : Selected Common 5
    xxxxx21.wav : Selected Common 6
    xxxxx22.wav : Selected Common 7
    xxxxx23.wav : Selected Action 1
    xxxxx24.wav : Selected Action 2
    xxxxx25.wav : Selected Action 3
    xxxxx26.wav : Selected Action 4
    xxxxx27.wav : Selected Action 5
    xxxxx28.wav : Selected Action 6
    xxxxx29.wav : Selected Action 7
    xxxxx30.wav : Selected Rare 1
    xxxxx31.wav : Selected Rare 2
    xxxxx32.wav : Selected Rare 3
    xxxxx33.wav : Selected Rare 4
    xxxxx34.wav : Being hit 1
    xxxxx35.wav : Being hit 2
    xxxxx36.wav : Being hit 3
    xxxxx37.wav : Dying 1
    xxxxx38.wav : Dying 2
    xxxxx39.wav : Reaction to partymember dying 1
    xxxxx40.wav : Reaction to partymember dying 2
    xxxxx41.wav : Critical hit 1 (Optional)
    xxxxx42.wav : Critical hit 2 (Optional)
    xxxxx43.wav : Falling Down (Optional)
  • AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
    oh, huh. I thought it did have them, but I haven't played IWD in a while. I guess I was getting mixed up.